Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Raced a new GT

Just a souped up sunfire. Ryans99LS1's Avatar

SOM
    99 Trans Am

Raced a new GT

Ive been looking for one on the street for awhile. As im coming up to a light i see the dual pipes and get really excited cus im lookin to race. I get next to it, look over, and its a girl! Im like ahh whatever so i just sit at the light waiting for it to turn green but to my suprise she started revving at me! I looked over at her and started cracking up cus i thought it was sweet that she actually wanted to go, but she gave me the death stare and kept revving. I rev real light just to let her know were going.. Light turns green, and were off. I instantly jumped ahead even with a little spinning. We didnt get up to that high of speed but by the end i had a few lenghts on her. She did do a ricer flyby though..

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

Good kill. There is GT in my town that a smokin hot blonde drives...I seriously think she only bought the GT was because of the racing stripes...

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

I love watching them run 15's at altitude up here.
    Got lined up next to one recently....it wasn't pretty.

Nice kill.

Cayenne Red, Pewter
    '97 Z28 1LE #53, '02 WS6

I know what you mean. There was a guy down here in an '06 5-speed with CAI, X-pipe, and Magna Flow cat-back, pulling low 14's. I saw three passes and his best was 14.0@101. Pretty dissapointing.

metallic pewter
    2001 WS.6 Trans Am

a friend of my wifes has a 03 gt convertible with a 125shot and nothing else. but all she does it talk and never will race. she would probably beat me anyway lol. nice kill by the way.

down with the lot lizards blackhawk01's Avatar

Red
    2001 Camaro SS A4

If I were to come across one of these should I have a problem?

1998 Firebird Formula WS6

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by blackhawk01 View Post
    If I were to come across one of these should I have a problem?
    Not at all i have beat 2 2005+ gt's when i was stock. One was with intake and exhaust and i pulled 2 cars on him by 70 with a bad throwout bearing so no power shifting for me and i had a 280lb passanger. And the other was a woman i assume it was stock and i pulled a car on her with 3 pretty good sized guy passangers in my car. i can waith to run into one now with a good clutch and no one in my car.

White
    '02 Formula A4

I've been looking for one since I got my car to see how I would do. I haven't been able to race one yet. The only new mustang i've ran was not by choice, a new GT500 at the track, he put down a 11.1 and no, he wasn't stock.

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

yea 11.1 stock=not a mustang or shelby lol

SOM
    99 Trans Am

Yeah i wish it could have been more fun. I expected a lot more out of it. Too bad the girl was butt ugly and so was her friend. Glad i beat em so bad even after they gave me that smile, "I drive a new mustang gt,its so fast!"

2005 GTO M6 Black
    2000 Z28 A4 Red

I'm waiting on my first GT kill in the Goat. Friend of mine at work has an 07 CS/GT auto and I can't wait till he gets back. Been practicing on this 6-speed so I dont miss a gear this time.

down with the lot lizards blackhawk01's Avatar

Red
    2001 Camaro SS A4

Im waiting on my first GT too,,ive already killed a Mach 1 so a NEW GT shouldnt be a big problem eh?

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Id say no, the mach 1s are far better drag cars.

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

I rather have a mach1 over the new GTs

SOM
    2002 firebird formula

ive raced 2 new GTs, the first time i was stock except for a flowmaster, i pulled on him 3 times and never looked back, until the cops started chasing, then i didnt care about the mustang!! the second was on the 985/85 intersection, this time i had slp lm2, and a volant cai.....it was much worse the second time, and it was a chick

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

There is Several Gt's, Cobra's, Fox bodies you name it if its ford they run at my local track. Im tired of seeing them. They run 9.00-9.23 1/8 mile. Not impressive at all, The T/A and camaro's have about .23-.65 of a second on them. Im not impressed with Ford anything besides 2 single turbo cars that run there. OMG there insane, They run what we call Street Bounty race, Look it up www.bountyrace.com Its basically street legal cars running heads up .400 Pro tree, They make most all our cars look like infants, or at least mine for sure.

SOM
    99 Trans Am

Yeah there was 92 5.0 at the track last time i was there and HOLY CRAP. He had a twin turbo setup that was completely outrageous. He spun every gear and was squirlly as all hell down the whole 1/4 mile and still ran a 10.2 on lowered boost

Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Quote Originally Posted by Ryans99LS1 View Post
    Ive been looking for one on the street for awhile. As im coming up to a light i see the dual pipes and get really excited cus im lookin to race. I get next to it, look over, and its a girl! Im like ahh whatever so i just sit at the light waiting for it to turn green but to my suprise she started revving at me! I looked over at her and started cracking up cus i thought it was sweet that she actually wanted to go, but she gave me the death stare and kept revving. I rev real light just to let her know were going.. Light turns green, and were off. I instantly jumped ahead even with a little spinning. We didnt get up to that high of speed but by the end i had a few lenghts on her. She did do a ricer flyby though..

This is almost identical to a story I was going to post, about a race a few weeks ago. ( have been without a computer a while)--

Only difference is-- I spun real bad, and passed her shifting into second gear still spinning - no lie..

We probably only got about top of 2nd gear or 70 mph or so. But I beat her fairly easy.
    And yes, she did a ricer fly by. lol

metallic pewter
    2001 WS.6 Trans Am

[QUOTE=Sleeper101;1104196]There is Several Gt's, Cobra's, Fox bodies you name it if its ford they run at my local track. Im tired of seeing them. They run 9.00-9.23 1/8 mile. Not impressive at all, The T/A and camaro's have about .23-.65 of a second on them. Im not impressed with Ford anything besides 2 single turbo cars that run there. OMG there insane, They run what we call Street Bounty race, Look it up www.bountyrace.com Its basically street legal cars running heads up .400 Pro tree, They make most all our cars look like infants, or at least mine for sure.[/QUOTE

I catch every bounty race in crossvegas nice to see a local boy on the forums.

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

Hey thanks, {dlmeadows} Have you seen any video's of the Porshe that runs out there? I havent been able to find any?

Hey man Keep killing the Stangs I hate them I see too many.

Thread Information