Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

Raced a 01 Z28......

One of my buddys. He has a SLP lid and cutout on an auto. Says he went a 12.9@109 on street tires. We went from a 40 roll, i pulled him by half a car tilll 95 then he came back and pulled me by a lil over half a car to 110!! It was some good runs!!!

Light Pewter Metallic
    2K Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 05 Stone Srt-4 View Post
    One of my buddys. He has a SLP lid and cutout on an auto. Says he went a 12.9@109 on street tires. We went from a 40 roll, i pulled him by half a car tilll 95 then he came back and pulled me by a lil over half a car to 110!! It was some good runs!!!
    Tell your buddy good kill.

06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

I did but he was mad cause i kept up with him for the most part!!! He wants to run again with the same setup. I have added a few things and should be trapping 107-108.

Light Pewter Metallic
    2K Camaro Z28

I did but he was mad cause i kept up with him for the most part!!! He wants to run again with the same setup. I have added a few things and should be trapping 107-108.
    So what are your mods?

maroon
    2001 Z28

ahhhh......good kill/death. You should go introduce yourself before making "kill" posts, it makes you look like a trouble starter, simply because you only have the 2 posts above. my .02 cents.

silver
    2002 z-28

06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

Oh sorry guys. I didnt mean to come off like that. Trust me im no trouble starter. I would have an LS1 if insurance wasnt so high. Most of the people in our car group have LS1s so i thought id join and meet some new people.

And my mods are Stage 2(adjustable wastegate set at 20lbs dropping to 15psi@redline, modded computer, 3.0 bar MAP and TIP sensors 670ish lb injectors), K&N CAI, Short Throw, BOV, Greddy Turbo timer, Prothane motor mount inserts, Needswings Downpipe w/electronic cutout, Exel Radius wheels, Eibach Pro-Spring Kit.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

And my mods are Stage 2(adjustable wastegate set at 20lbs dropping to 15psi@redline, modded computer, 3.0 bar MAP and TIP sensors 670ish lb injectors), K&N CAI, Short Throw, BOV, Greddy Turbo timer, Prothane motor mount inserts, Needswings Downpipe w/electronic cutout, Exel Radius wheels, Eibach Pro-Spring Kit.
    nice!! Why was he pissed that you kept up? I guess he thinks his car is faster then it is with his lid and cutout Does he post here also?

Light Pewter Metallic
    2K Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn View Post
    nice!! Why was he pissed that you kept up? I guess he thinks his car is faster then it is with his lid and cutout Does he post here also?
    Its because the SRT4 engine isn't LS1.
    LS1=is built by the hand of god! No one suppose to beat LS1s even the stock ones.

2K LPM Z28 M6- GMHTP StreetHeat feature Nov 12- Camaro Performers Readers' Rides feature Nov 12
    2K4 BS G35 sedan 5AT

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

i test drove a stage 2 neon...wasn't really impressed-initially b/c the shifter ball yanked out of the socket when i pulled out of the parking lot...dealer's face was undescribebly stupified. But mostly b/c [like you said] they are only good for mid-band power between 40-95 mph, felt like no torque down low and it totally gives up in the end. I prefer the OMG PLEASE SLOWDOWN throwback that the ls1 gives.

Black
    1987 Grand National

Quote Originally Posted by dipherentdesign View Post
    i test drove a stage 2 neon...wasn't really impressed-initially b/c the shifter ball yanked out of the socket when i pulled out of the parking lot...dealer's face was undescribebly stupified. But mostly b/c [like you said] they are only good for mid-band power between 40-95 mph, felt like no torque down low and it totally gives up in the end. I prefer the OMG PLEASE SLOWDOWN throwback that the ls1 gives.

I would imagine that it's tough to get that feeling with the stock turbo. There are several new GT turbos that has those things trapping deep in the 120s. I know what you mean by that throwback feeling and I didn't need an LS1 to get it. It's a factory turbo car so it won't take alot of effort to make it silly fast once a real turbo gets dropped in.

06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

I dont think he posts here. My car as it sits should dyno bout 250ish at the wheels and 290ish torque. My car runs 14-15 psi in 2nd and 15-16 in 3rd and 4th. 5th it just falls on its face. 2nd and 3rd pulls really hard!!!! But the only bad thing with my small intercooler is that its really picky bout weather. Thats why im installing a bigger interooler next week and No2 injection through it so it runs better in the heat!!

Black
    03 Evolution 345 awhp

Good kill and death. Have yall tried from a deastop? I have personally raced both and the srt4 gave me more of a challenge uptop. Neither was stock. But the srt4 was probably way more modded than the z28.

06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

Yes i can launch and fether pretty well on the street just not so good on the track. (2.1 60s on streets) Yea i have videos of me running a 01 Steeda GT(we were both stock) from a dig and i fell bout a car back and worked my way back to even to 100 on the street. I had bout $1000 at the time me and the Z28 ran. He had bout $400 im guessing. Now i have bout $2500 in mods

red
    2003 SRT-4

Quote Originally Posted by dipherentdesign View Post
    Try driving a stage 3 neon. They've got some pretty good throwback power at just about any speed.

The Rookie
    There is a nasty sounding and looking Srt4 here in my area. Looks like about a 18 to 20 yr old kid driving it. Turbo is loud! Been wanting to see how the SS will run against it, but everytime I see him, I'm in my Duramax. I'm sure I'll see him eventually. I let you know if I do.

red
    2003 SRT-4

Quote Originally Posted by The Rookie View Post
    There is a nasty sounding and looking Srt4 here in my area. Looks like about a 18 to 20 yr old kid driving it. Turbo is loud! Been wanting to see how the SS will run against it, but everytime I see him, I'm in my Duramax. I'm sure I'll see him eventually. I let you know if I do.
    Just watch out because he may be running a big turbo. Those things put down crazy power.(400+whp) Your best chance would be from a dig, but it still would catch you if the race goes 1/4 mile or more.

Drive it like u stole it! newguy WS6's Avatar

Black
    06' GTO

hell, if your in the duramax just run over him and be done with it!

red
    1999 Trans am

I ran an SRT-4 and I beat him by like 5-6 car length. All I know is that the guy had gears.
    Red 99 Trans am A4. STS Turbo, K&N, Thomas Racing chip, Tail waste gate, Slp mass airflow sensor,and TB bypass. Soon to be running 12.4

red
    1999 Trans am

Hell if he's runing a 12.9 Then I should be runing a 12.8

Thread Information