Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Props from an Evolution

Not a kill, too much traffic. I haven't driven Too Fast much lately, but the roads were dry today so I did. Anyway, I was having fun making noise in 1st, 2nd gears etc. when I spotted a Mistu Evolution. We weaved a couple lanes going thru traffic and then I had a clear spot on his right, so when the light turned green I left a little slow then mashed it in 1st gear into second, fishtailing. The next light we talked a little and the first thing out of his mouth was "That thing sounds suwheet!" I gave him a compliment on his Lancer Evo and said he would get better traction than I today.

One day when this happens again I think I'll see if the other driver wants to talk about each others' cars and see if we would go for a short ride in the others car. I much prefer V8 RWD cars, but have respect for any quick car no matter how the power gets to the ground. Today would have been perfect for this, I had no time table on my way to Home Depot for some small shelving for the house (to put up a couple trophies I won from drag racing in Muncie IN).

None

Props from the rice crowd is rare!!!

NBM
    99 TA

Quote Originally Posted by Too Fast View Post
    One day when this happens again I think I'll see if the other driver wants to talk about each others' cars and see if we would go for a short ride in the others car. I much prefer V8 RWD cars, but have respect for any quick car no matter how the power gets to the ground. Today would have been perfect for this, I had no time table on my way to Home Depot for some small shelving for the house (to put up a couple trophies I won from drag racing in Muncie IN).
    shouldn't get in cars with strangers..... no matter how much candy they have

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Quote Originally Posted by KyleLs1 View Post
    shouldn't get in cars with strangers..... no matter how much candy they have
    Ha.........I have more candy than they do!

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

Quote Originally Posted by SS02 View Post
    An evo is about as far from rice as an import goes.

Quote Originally Posted by adam3566 View Post
    An evo is about as far from rice as an import goes.
    Really? Don't these cars come with big wings and flashy ground effects, like the Subaru STI.

red
    2000 camaro ss

i think sti's are as far from "rice" as ricers go. sti's are actually real nice rally cars w/ top mount intercoolers and more power to rear wheels. evo's are what the ricer kids want who think they "dominate the street". don't get me wrong, any of 'em who buy awd cars and put sticky street tires on and think it's the baddest thing on the street is a ricer. . . . .but if i was rich i would definately have a built sti w/ fucked up paint and dirt tires.

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

Quote Originally Posted by side2000 View Post
    i think sti's are as far from "rice" as ricers go. sti's are actually real nice rally cars w/ top mount intercoolers and more power to rear wheels. evo's are what the ricer kids want who think they "dominate the street". don't get me wrong, any of 'em who buy awd cars and put sticky street tires on and think it's the baddest thing on the street is a ricer. . . . .but if i was rich i would definately have a built sti w/ fucked up paint and dirt tires.
    I know two local guys that have evo's and neither one is close to rice. One uses it as a DD and the other is his weekend toy. The one that has it for a weekend toy is around 500-550hp (pretty sure). Everyone likes something different. An evo is deffinitly a nicer car than an STI. Ride commfort is much better and the quality is deffinitly in the EVO's favor.

red
    2000 camaro ss

you're all about ride quality and comfort, i'm about function. i couldn't care less which one rode better, sti's are designed to be driven in dirt. ride quality was on the bottom of list for engineers at subaru. "but side2000 they designed it to be comfortable" - -they did so only to market the car, it was still on the bottom of their list. sti > evo for rally.

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

Quote Originally Posted by side2000 View Post
    you're all about ride quality and comfort, i'm about function. i couldn't care less which one rode better, sti's are designed to be driven in dirt. ride quality was on the bottom of list for engineers at subaru. "but side2000 they designed it to be comfortable" - -they did so only to market the car, it was still on the bottom of their list. sti > evo for rally.
    Yeah because I have seen SOO many sti's and evo's in the mud or dirt that are actually owned by someone. Unless they are sponsered they usually aren't. STI's are piles of crap, period. Both are designed to be driven in the mud/dirt/snow whatever you want to offroad. But again very few owners actually do.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Yeah because I have seen SOO many sti's and evo's in the mud or dirt that are actually owned by someone. Unless they are sponsered they usually aren't. STI's are piles of crap, period. Both are designed to be driven in the mud/dirt/snow whatever you want to offroad. But again very few owners actually do.
    Just like when was the last time you saw a Range Rover off road? Besides "Mutual of Omaha African Safari"? Not saying an Evo is in the same league as a RR, wait a minute, I've worked on both, I'd have to say the Evo is a much higher quality product than any Land Rover ha ah ha ha!

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

AWD would be sweet in the snow, like ive got on the roads today.

"Arrest Me Red"
    2001 trans am

Just like when was the last time you saw a Range Rover off road? Besides "Mutual of Omaha African Safari"? Not saying an Evo is in the same league as a RR, wait a minute, I've worked on both, I'd have to say the Evo is a much higher quality product than any Land Rover ha ah ha ha!
    that is a fact rr just sucked. after a few we started just sending them out to the rr dealer to get worked on. as far as the evo i like them and the sti but evo over sti any day for me. im a nissan fan so im not much help on that.

red
    2000 camaro ss

havin a car and not usin it for its purpose = rice.

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

Thumbs down

Agreed! I have heard so many problems with them, I can't believe people buy them.

Yellow
    2003 Lancer Evolution

Quote Originally Posted by SS02 View Post

About as rare as props from the domestic crowd.

red
    1999 camaro z28

i have a friend with an 03 evo8, thing is amazing and fast. there are to many sti's where i'm from. as far as i know there are only 3-4 evos out here. stock fro stock the evo beats the sti anyday of the week. both are not even close to rice. they are more like muscle cars of japan

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

STI's are piles of crap??

So what does that make the Evo, considering the STI has about 10 times the build quality and reliability of the Evo??

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

i see this one getting locked soon...

Silver
    1998 hardtop SS

I would not call the STI or the Evo rice. I have respect for Japanese sports cars, In the right hands they can be stylish and pretty fast. when i think rice i think of some little economical Japanese car that has a body kit/ wing and loud exhaust. Then they somehow think its fast.

Thread Information