Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black
    2002 M6 WS6

Playing with a Ferarri

So me and my girl were cruising along and saw a Ferrari drive by. Older, '99 or so but still, rare sight for us. I tried getting up behind it, it was a 355 F1. We both ended up getting on the highway. I tried playing with it but no go it seemed. Two women were driving it. I kept trying but ended up just getting ahead of it. They seemed to think I wasnt worth it or something. So we both get off the same exit which quickly leads to another short highway. I'm cruising along and going about 35, and see the ferarri switch lanes real quick and gun it in my rearview. My girl was doing her makeup but I didn't even have time to warn her. I dropped it in second (don't think 5 mph of first was worth the spinning I'd do) and gunned it. When I did so, the other car had a solid couple lengths on me but a nice second and third and I had a length on them. They just gave up after that. I didn't see much because I was paying attention to the tach but Ashleey (my fiancee) said they gave us a wave and let us go. Wasn't a nice evenly started race but I think the point was given. Good times.

Picture she took of the car. I don't normally black the license plate out but, not my car so =P.
    Last edited by Ant71130; 05-23-2011 at 09:56 AM. Reason: Added a picture.
    2002 Black/Ebony M6 WS6: Lid, Filter, Smooth Bellow, P&P TB (!Bump Stop), Magnaflow Cat-Back (dumped after the axle), 4.10s, Hypertech ME Tune, eibach springs 4/4, LCA relocating brackets, PHB, free mods, 17" TTMs.

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

Spank that ASS! That has to feel good. I tried to get a countach to play one time in vegas, and same attitude. Like I wasnt even worth their time.

Black
    2002 M6 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by az gt eater View Post
    Spank that ASS! That has to feel good. I tried to get a countach to play one time in vegas, and same attitude. Like I wasnt even worth their time.
    Haha, thanks man. Not to put them down obviously, but they have to realize their car's price is directed towards appeal and exoticness. That and design and what not. On the street... it's drivetrain vs drivetrain. Not a car show. Idk why they have to act all, towards us. Oh well .

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

i played back and forth with a 2010 SS tonight, once we got out into some open highway, went from an 80 roll, he was behind from the git-go, at about 100 he let up, i went to 120, he was just a maroon dot in the rear view.

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

Quote Originally Posted by Spikito View Post
    i played back and forth with a 2010 SS tonight, once we got out into some open highway, went from an 80 roll, he was behind from the git-go, at about 100 he let up, i went to 120, he was just a maroon dot in the rear view.
    No surprise there, last one i played with couldnt pull away from me, and i was in 5th the whole time.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Spikito View Post
    A race from 80-100? What did that last? 2 seconds?

Silver
    2002 Trans Am WS6

dude nice. Wish i could compete with the few Ferrari's here, and i wish my girl was fine with me racing. Your one lucky man friend

and i wish my damn car would shift after 100MPH when im gunning it!! 370+ horses and it won't shift past that. pisses me off.

anyway good win hahaha

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    A race from 80-100? What did that last? 2 seconds?
    kiss my ass, lol....we had been playing back and forth for a few miles in the 70-90 range...that was the first pull

Quote Originally Posted by az gt eater View Post
    No surprise there, last one i played with couldnt pull away from me, and i was in 5th the whole time.
    yeah, i think i just left it in 5th...i just coasted in 6th to slow down

Black
    2002 M6 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrillakilla13 View Post
    dude nice. Wish i could compete with the few Ferrari's here, and i wish my girl was fine with me racing. Your one lucky man friend

and i wish my damn car would shift after 100MPH when im gunning it!! 370+ horses and it won't shift past that. pisses me off.

anyway good win hahaha
    It won't shift? That's kinda... annoying haha. And Thanks man, more work to be dnoe in the future, I mean it wasn't a crazy ferrari. But, none the less, not slow. And she's kinda okay with me racing, I mean she doesn't like me doing things when she's not with me because messing around with her in the car, she sees I can bark the tires in third and whip that back end around so it scares her. Granted I guess that's not a bad thing to have her worry lol. I realize I'm lucky Trust me. She's even cool enough to attempt a calender shot for the girls of lsx. We did a few practice ones, sure you can see.

I have yet to race a new camaro but I assume the outcome would be kind of similar. Manual of course, stock L99's I just don't think would cut it. They look awfully sharp though, I'll admit that. A lot driving around but not so much the race types.

Black
    1992 Camaro

Nice kill. I find most in Ferrari's, Porsche's, even Corvette's act like their too good to give it a go.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk

Atomic Orange
    2007 Z06

I hate when people won't play when you're next to them, but then they try the flyby bs. Asshats

Black
    2002 M6 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Never-Enough View Post
    I hate when people won't play when you're next to them, but then they try the flyby bs. Asshats
    Ditto.

And yeah, I have actually declined a race with a Porsche once. I was with Ashleey again and we were in NY. It was raining pretty good and some carrera(spelling?) was trying to race. Some girl it looked it, was motioning forward and really really wanted to. I was itching but... I gotta think safety too. I forsaw hydroplaining and declined. I hope she got the reason haha. We were already on the highway so, speeds weren't getting slower, that's for sure

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Street racing is illegal

Ray Charles blue

People who spend more on a car than most people can afford on a home dont need to race. They buy the car for something else, and because they CAN buy it. No offense but I cant blame them for not racing.

Just because you have a fast car doesnt mean you HAVE to race every person wants a go at you. I understand why you want them to race you but the fact of the matter is many if not 99.9% of them dont care about your car nor do they give a sh!t about racing you. Regardless of what we do to our cars they are F-body cars and not on their radar in the least. I have a friend that will run his 1992 TR512 if someone gets on his ass but that is why he bought it. Within 2 weeks he had it at Watkins Glenn running the piss out of it. He is not the normal.

Most of these people dont buy their cars to race or for the pure performance of it. For instance, most women that are 10s dont screw with a damn. The uglier ones that you get with a Coors light vs a glass of wine know how to get the job done. Know why? Because they have to. lol

Just because someone wont race doesnt mean they are bad or look down on you either. I dont race Cavaliers or Civics or that shit or some places I dont because of the road and I know of potential dangers.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

lmao Good kill!

Chances are those girls were'nt winding it up enough tho. lol

Max power @ rpm: 380 hp (283 kW) @ 8250
    HP/liter: 109 hp/l
    Torque @ rpm: 363 N·m (268 lb·ft) @ 6000
    0-60 mp/h: 4.6 s
    0–100 km/h: 4.7 s
    0–160 km/h: 10.8 s
    Quarter Mile: 12.9 s
    0–1000 m: 23.7 s
    Top speed: 183 mph
    Last edited by Smittro; 05-31-2011 at 01:36 PM.

Black
    2002 M6 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    Street racing is illegal
    Really?

Quote Originally Posted by TLS_Addict View Post
    People who spend more on a car than most people can afford on a home dont need to race. They buy the car for something else, and because they CAN buy it. No offense but I cant blame them for not racing.

Just because you have a fast car doesnt mean you HAVE to race every person wants a go at you. I understand why you want them to race you but the fact of the matter is many if not 99.9% of them dont care about your car nor do they give a sh!t about racing you. Regardless of what we do to our cars they are F-body cars and not on their radar in the least. I have a friend that will run his 1992 TR512 if someone gets on his ass but that is why he bought it. Within 2 weeks he had it at Watkins Glenn running the piss out of it. He is not the normal.

Most of these people dont buy their cars to race or for the pure performance of it. For instance, most women that are 10s dont screw with a damn. The uglier ones that you get with a Coors light vs a glass of wine know how to get the job done. Know why? Because they have to. lol

Just because someone wont race doesnt mean they are bad or look down on you either. I dont race Cavaliers or Civics or that shit or some places I dont because of the road and I know of potential dangers.
    I can see where your coming from but I don't really share the same ideals. You don't race civics and what not because they are no competition, it's a waste of time. The bad roads thing I feel ya on, that's why I actually declined that porsche race. We ARE competition to exotics in some scenarios though. And you're right, they may not buy their cars with the same mindset that we have shopping for f-bodies, but if they wanted to roll around in pure luxery and flaunt their money, buy a rolls or something. When you are driving in a ferrari or lambo, they have to know the attention that gives them. You may be onto something about the girl analogy though. I don't know first hand but everyone has heard that fat chicks will do anything for the reason you stated. But idk it's it's a skill thing, just a hubris this. Who knows :P

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    lmao Good kill!

Chances are those girls were'nt winding it up enough tho. lol

Max power @ rpm: 380 hp (283 kW) @ 8250
    HP/liter: 109 hp/l
    Torque @ rpm: 363 N·m (268 lb·ft) @ 6000
    0-60 mp/h: 4.6 s
    0–100 km/h: 4.7 s
    0–160 km/h: 10.8 s
    Quarter Mile: 12.9 s
    0–1000 m: 23.7 s
    Top speed: 183 mph
    Thanks man lol. And perhaps, I mean like I said, wasn't really an even race, but I don't think it's so much of a blowout where they could shift too early and win . I mean top end sure but, it was only from a roll on the highway until about 85 or so. Idk if it was an auto or stick but, considering it wasn't from a dig and it was dry, some bolt ons with 4.10s may be able to jump her? Just fun regardess to even get a reaction out of her/them :P .

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by Ant71130 View Post
    Really?

I can see where your coming from but I don't really share the same ideals. You don't race civics and what not because they are no competition, it's a waste of time. The bad roads thing I feel ya on, that's why I actually declined that porsche race. We ARE competition to exotics in some scenarios though. And you're right, they may not buy their cars with the same mindset that we have shopping for f-bodies, but if they wanted to roll around in pure luxery and flaunt their money, buy a rolls or something. When you are driving in a ferrari or lambo, they have to know the attention that gives them. You may be onto something about the girl analogy though. I don't know first hand but everyone has heard that fat chicks will do anything for the reason you stated. But idk it's it's a skill thing, just a hubris this. Who knows :P

Thanks man lol. And perhaps, I mean like I said, wasn't really an even race, but I don't think it's so much of a blowout where they could shift too early and win . I mean top end sure but, it was only from a roll on the highway until about 85 or so. Idk if it was an auto or stick but, considering it wasn't from a dig and it was dry, some bolt ons with 4.10s may be able to jump her? Just fun regardess to even get a reaction out of her/them :P .
    I think you would eat it from a dig hands down.. Most inexperianced people get spooked when they hear high revs.. High reving engines tend to like the roll races.. That thing does'nt make any power till it's screaming by then the race could be over because you LS1 guys make torque all day much, much lower in the curve..

Black
    2002 M6 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    I think you would eat it from a dig hands down.. Most inexperianced people get spooked when they hear high revs.. High reving engines tend to like the roll races.. That thing does'nt make any power till it's screaming by then the race could be over because you LS1 guys make torque all day much, much lower in the curve..
    Well good xD. Once I get the LT/ORy put on and the SFC/PHR/STB I'm ordring, i think I'll have all straight line advantages except aero/top end anyway. Not to imply those suspension pieces will help hp, but it'll help use it

Ray Charles blue

Quote Originally Posted by Ant71130 View Post

Just think, say you are just cruising and not wanting to race and some Rustang comes up and wants to run you and you wont.....pretty close to the same there. Ferrari to F-body is the same step down as F-body to Mustang. haha j/k to you Ford Fan boys.

I wont always race my F-body if a worthy car wants to race. I understand your position though. It nice to stomp on someone who has a car 7 times more expensive than ours.....lol

Black
    2002 M6 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by TLS_Addict View Post
    Just think, say you are just cruising and not wanting to race and some Rustang comes up and wants to run you and you wont.....pretty close to the same there. Ferrari to F-body is the same step down as F-body to Mustang. haha j/k to you Ford Fan boys.

I wont always race my F-body if a worthy car wants to race. I understand your position though. It nice to stomp on someone who has a car 7 times more expensive than ours.....lol
    Well yeah :P. I most certainly don't look at them as something I want to destroy because of the difference in value. I just get a little. "seriously...?" When they act as if I AM a civic.

And for the record, I'd never deny a mustang a race haha. I hear ya though. Time and place/reason for it all.

Thread Information