Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    slowchevyz28

oo z28 m6 vs. 05 wrx sti

while cruising in a near by town i ran upon a rice rocket. it was a brand new 05 sti, the car was a 6 speed awd turbo making 300hp to the wheels. he got to talking some mad trash about chevys so we decided to settle it on the street. it was like 3 am so we went out on highway 58 in va. went from a 20 roll at first. i spanked that poor boy like his momma should. then he kept bitchin bout how a race is from a stop not a roll, well i agrteed so went from a dig in the middle of 58. i figured he was gonna rape me off the line. to my surprise he pulled me only a car and by the time i hit 2nd he was a car behind,and by 3rd he shut his down . stock vs stock. guess we know who makes a better car now.

NBM
    '00 Z28

Damn! That's good to know. I haven't had a chance to run an STi, but I've been really leary about running into one at a light. I also have stock '00 Z28 M6. Well, stock exept for porting the MAF.

In yo' hood up to no good

1 of 122 Blk A4 WS6 Verts
    1999 T/A WS6 Vert A4

Sweet! Way to represent....funny how some people talk poop until they get spanked. Then they make excuses why the lost, usually it's "I missed 3rd or It wasn't from a roll or The planets weren't in the correct alignment"

BTW, the STi is rated at 300 stock hp at the crank, they are a little less then that at the wheels...more like 230 - 245 hp stock.

Black
    2000 SLP Camaro SS

amazingly, they say an wrx sti ranks among top 5 in 0-60, like 4.6 s...
    i guess only when a pro is driving

LS1+LT1=980hp

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2001 Trans Am Firehawk

Cool

What all have you done to your car? - if those STIs ar boosting more than stock you can say by by to that stock 300hp - my buddy got rapped by a stock looking STI in his 03 mach 1 and he is putting out 300 at the wheels. Be careful!

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

I've beaten an STi and frankly I wasn't impressed w/ their power. Some people even on this forum think STi's are so wonderful. I still to this day can't justify blowin $35k on one of them.

LS1+LT1=980hp

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2001 Trans Am Firehawk

i wouldn't pay 30,000 for it - fuck that - i am just saying that they can be quick - quicker than the evos anyway!
    BMRacing LT1 - Ls1 - 4.6mod - 5.0 - Some Imports

Black/Black
    96 Vert Z28-RIP/94 TT Z28

Yeah some of them can run. My buddy raced an 06'STI that didn't even have plates yet with his 99'SS. The STI jumped out a car on him from the go and my friend could not pull him in, I think the STI had a boost controller that he turned up. This guys STI is on my to kill list now though so as soon as I get my car running again I'm gonna set up a race with him and spank his ass, he won't jump out on me like that.

STi's are 300 to the crank stock, around 235whp.

Quote Originally Posted by FireHawk#75
    i wouldn't pay 30,000 for it - fuck that - i am just saying that they can be quick - quicker than the evos anyway!
    Theyre not quicker than EVOs and also EVOs are much easier and cheaper to make fast.

350whp for $2000. Cant do that with STi's.

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

sure you can
    98' SS Convertible Camaro-76k-Build # 1471, Cragar SS rims, RK SFC's, MAC Panhard, LSX Tune, Shaner S3,
    SLP:short thro,Strut tower brace,fan switch
    MTI Power induction kit,40 Series muffler,Pacesetter LT's + ORY,12 CD changer,3800lbs
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/787506/1

2008 Caliber SRT 4
    1998 Z28/ 1993 Talon awd

Quote Originally Posted by ss~zoso~ss
    sure you can
    No you can not for the same money. And another thing a the EVO V.S STI shoot out the STI guys got killed.

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

dude you could get 350 AWDHP out of a STI for 2k i've seen it , its all about what you buy and where you buy it

You could get a boost controller, and a larger turbo for under a grand and that'd put you in that HP range for sure

Quote Originally Posted by ss~zoso~ss
    dude you could get 350 AWDHP out of a STI for 2k i've seen it , its all about what you buy and where you buy it

You could get a boost controller, and a larger turbo for under a grand and that'd put you in that HP range for sure

I dont know where youre getting that information. You dont just get a larger turbo and throw it on and run high boost. You need a a MINIMUM all proper supporting mods. That includes full exhaust, fuel system, some sort of engine mangement. UTEC and full exhaust alone is near 2000 and that will net you maybe 300whp.

My friend's 05 STi has intake, exhaust, WGA, (fuel injectors or pump) UTEC and is around 310whp. Thats over $2000 and no where near 350. 05+ EVOs just need a full exhaust, cams, FP, and atune and can hit 340-350whp. But I mean if youve seen it, please show me. I understand you can get some things cheaper but nonetheless..

380awhp/tq
    EVO 8

2006 EVO 9 makes around 275awhp/tq stock on a dynojet dyno. A catless turbo back exhaust and engine management is pretty close to 350awhp/tq. Evo can be made faster for cheaper for sure.

380awhp/tq
    EVO 8

I personally made 335awhp/tq with catless turbo back exhaust, mbc, air filter and safcII. That was running stock boost(19 psi) and 91 oct. gas. I would say 350awhp/tq would've been easily accomplished with race gas and bumping up the boost to 22-23psi.

Future Super Trooper Mr. CarelessAndImprudent's Avatar
    '69 Camaro

All Evos and Stis have is a helluva bang comin' out of the hole. After that it gets real expensive real quick to make big power.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. CarelessAndImprudent
    All Evos and Stis have is a helluva bang comin' out of the hole. After that it gets real expensive real quick to make big power.

What do you consider big power? I consider 350whp for $2000 (2005s and below) pretty good. Also, like someone mentioned above the 2006's are making 350whp with even less. Throw a $500 alcohol kit and that adds another 30-whp. I think that's pretty respectable power per dollar. Anyhow, much more than the STi.

There are a lot of people who have EVOs who dont know what they're doing. People put intercooler pipes and intakes as first mods, in reality its doing nothing, maybe even hurting power. Exhaust, fuel pump, cams, tune is all you need for simple cost effective solid power.

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

The all mighty Evo Vs. an expensive awesome launch/lag behind after that STi...Dun Dun DuuuuH!!! My friends wanna know how much money to make a regular Lancer spank a STi worse than with a paddle they made from Woodshop??

2008 Caliber SRT 4
    1998 Z28/ 1993 Talon awd

A car that run's low 13's stock has my respect.
    A car that can run on a race track with much more expensive car's is a great car.

There is no argument here one hell of a machine.

Can anyone here name a stock production car for the same price that is as all rounded as the EVO.

Thread Information