Thread: Oh Man!!

black
    00 ss camaro

Oh Man!!

last night i was at the local racing spot sometimes invaded by young kids which sucks but some pretty bad cars rolled through last night... neways my buddy raced a ss with his ws6 and lost because of traction.. so i was followin along with him and a few cars including this bad mach 1.. so i figured fuck it ima race him so we went from a 70 roll and he beat me by a car and a half i was pissed but i had my homeboy 280+ and a full tank.. so we all pull into in n out and get to talkin and hes hella dope neways its a 5.0l stroker with a p1sc runnin 10lbs of boost.. ne ways jus incase i had another chance i had my friend ride with some one else.. so we lined up again both in 3rd 65 roll and i had him the whole time by about a fender and half a door he let off somewhere around 160+ and right as i was about t let off at 6500rpms in 5th gear my drive shaft snapped and i ran it over.. ll thats left ar the u joints that are shaved clean off where the driveshaft used to be which is now M.I.A. but i din care i mean i do but im content i took at a 450rwhp mach 1..... fuckin bad ass im serious
    00 SS TRak CAM,VALVETRAIN,CAI,HOOKER LT'S,3" ORY,CAT DELETE,PCV+EGR DELETE,LS6 MAN.90MM PORTED T/B, ASP UNDERDRIVE PULLEY,LS6PORTED OIL PUMP, FULLY BUILT T56 VIPER TRANNY,MOSER 12 BOLT 3.73'S 33 SPLINE BOLT IN AXELS ALL HOTCHKISS SUSPENSION.,BMR ADJ. TQ. ARM.,SFC'S, E. CUTOUT. 423 rwhp 416 rwTQ.

blue,blue
    00 z-28 m6, 06 H3

nice that you got him back but your next mod should be a loop! the guy i work w/ lost 4 freinds when the chevelle they were driving(@120+) lost the drive shaft at the trans dug into the ground and launched the car about 100ft and landed on the roof!

are you in n.c?
    LS7 clutch,01 slave,Corsa 3" stainless exhuast,drilled/slotted rotors + ceramic pads,160 thermo,Mti clear lid,msd 8.5 wires & Ngk plugs...more to come!
    www.cardomain.com/ride/2311455

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

damn sounds like a good run to bad about the drive shaft

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

u ran that shit over at 100+ and didnt crash?

wow

black
    00 ss camaro

and ya know wat i have a drive shaft loop it snapped in two its sittin along the highway right now

black
    00 ss camaro

and yea im not gnna even try and say i handled that cuz im sure it was dumb luck that saved my ass it started to break loose and i was doin my best to save it but i cant honestly say it was all my driving

3.4l's of sex.....

green
    93' Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by BlueByU-SS View Post
    last night i was at the local racing spot sometimes invaded by young kids which sucks but some pretty bad cars rolled through last night... neways my buddy raced a ss with his ws6 and lost because of traction.. so i was followin along with him and a few cars including this bad mach 1.. so i figured fuck it ima race him so we went from a 70 roll and he beat me by a car and a half i was pissed but i had my homeboy 280+ and a full tank.. so we all pull into in n out and get to talkin and hes hella dope neways its a 5.0l stroker with a p1sc runnin 10lbs of boost.. ne ways jus incase i had another chance i had my friend ride with some one else.. so we lined up again both in 3rd 65 roll and i had him the whole time by about a fender and half a door he let off somewhere around 160+ and right as i was about t let off at 6500rpms in 5th gear my drive shaft snapped and i ran it over.. ll thats left ar the u joints that are shaved clean off where the driveshaft used to be which is now M.I.A. but i din care i mean i do but im content i took at a 450rwhp mach 1..... fuckin bad ass im serious
    good lord. no pun intended.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueByU-SS View Post
    im confuzed.. were you racing a mach 1?? or a 5.0 stang?

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

and i'm wondering about the 160+ and only being in 5th gear. other than that, good runs and glad you weren't hurt.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

You got 425 rwhp with just a cam and bolt-ons???

Anyway, nice runs. That Mach1 sounds like it was a sick ride.

I usually don't race with friends in the car, ESPECIALLY not fat ones. I got broke when I tried to race a Lightning from a dig with a buddy that weighed 400lbs (no kidding) and another friend in the back who weighed about 160. I was in the 01 Cobra. Anyway, stock gears and NOSE OVER bog of epic proportions thoroughly embarrassed the hell out of me in front of my friends. Plus, the guy in the Lightning was by himself with pulley mods and all kinds of crap done to it. I got LEFT out of the hole. I will NEVER race with someone in the car again.

Needless to say, I was mad as hell. I went and put gears in that b*tch immediately, along with long tubes, and a little weight reduction (from the car, not my 400 lb buddy) and went cruising every weekend for a month straight looking for a rematch. Never saw that truck again... DAMMIT! But, I did make it a point to run every damn lightning I ran into, and won the rest.

In all honesty, I was the dumbass for racing under those conditions.

black
    00 ss camaro

yea your proly right on the 160+ but i was at 6500 in 5th and the speedo was pegged but we all know how acrate speedos are after 130 how fast would you say i was going? i hav 3.73s

black
    00 ss camaro

it was a mach 1 with a 5.0l stroker kit and a procharger

Black & Black
    2001 Firehawk & 2002 WS-6

As far as I know it is possible to run 160 or better in fifth gear. I know I have run around 150 in my WS-6 at the top of fifth and it has the 4.11's. Just FMI I put the numbers into redline, trans ratios and stock tire size info into a speed calculator webpage. http://www.catherineandken.co.uk/sti/tyres.html

Someone tell me if I am missing something. Just my .02. Either way sounds like a nice car and good numbers. Sidenote on the AFR's, I love mine. They look great under there and the logo etched into the heads gets thumbs up from people that look under the hood. Anyways good times all around. :P

Also you said in the other thread that it is a track car. My question is how you get around the driveshaft safety loop rule? I realize this is a street race and not subject to inspections pre-race, but certainly you don't R&I the loop when switching between street and track. I don't think anyone will argue that not running one at those speeds is stupid at best and prelude to a short lifespan at worst.
    Last edited by 2001hawk; 03-05-2007 at 11:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roastem View Post
    I usually don't race with friends in the car, ESPECIALLY not fat ones. I got broke when I tried to race a Lightning from a dig with a buddy that weighed 400lbs (no kidding) .
    ditto here, hell i wouldnt even let a 400lb person ride in my car, they must do a number on the seats

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

with stock 342s at 6500 in 5th your doing mid 180s so with 373s ud prolly be in the high160s to 170 i would think?

black
    00 ss camaro

see i just leave my loop in im just careful about all sorts of land surface changes.. well ne ways my cars coming back out today i go pick up my drive shaft round noon andthen over to geg m exhaust fixed an then.. off to the track saturday to try and do it all again!

Thread Information