Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oh Man!!!

black
    00 ss camaro

Thumbs up Oh Man!!!

last night i was at the local racing spot sometimes invaded by young kids which sucks but some pretty bad cars rolled through last night... neways my buddy raced a ss with his ws6 and lost because of traction.. so i was followin along with him and a few cars including this bad mach 1.. so i figured fuck it ima race him so we went from a 70 roll and he beat me by a car and a half i was pissed but i had my homeboy 280+ and a full tank.. so we all pull into in n out and get to talkin and hes hella dope neways its a 5.0l stroker with a p1sc runnin 10lbs of boost.. ne ways jus incase i had another chance i had my friend ride with some one else.. so we lined up again both in 3rd 65 roll and i had him the whole time by about a fender and half a door he let off somewhere around 160+ and right as i was about t let off at 6500rpms in 5th gear my drive shaft snapped and i ran it over.. ll thats left ar the u joints that are shaved clean off where the driveshaft used to be which is now M.I.A. but i din care i mean i do but im content i took at a 450rwhp mach 1..... fuckin bad ass im serious
    00 SS TRak CAM,VALVETRAIN,CAI,HOOKER LT'S,3" ORY,CAT DELETE,PCV+EGR DELETE,LS6 MAN.90MM PORTED T/B, ASP UNDERDRIVE PULLEY,LS6PORTED OIL PUMP, FULLY BUILT T56 VIPER TRANNY,MOSER 12 BOLT 3.73'S 33 SPLINE BOLT IN AXELS ALL HOTCHKISS SUSPENSION.,BMR ADJ. TQ. ARM.,SFC'S, E. CUTOUT. 423 rwhp 416 rwTQ.

NATRALLY ASPIRATED 495 HP TASWEET SS's Avatar

pull me over RED
    2002 camaro SS

hey blue by u, you need to check your math, i nreally dont think you got 423rwhp, out of your 00 ss LS1, NOT WITH JUST CAM, AND SOME BOLT ONS, IF YOU DIDNT PUT ON DIFF HEADS, THERS NO WAY, I THINK YOUR FOOLING YOUR SELF, AND I THINK OTHER MEMBERS HERE WILL ALSO AGREE, REMEMBER THIS IS CALLED LS1.com, you cant fool these guys.

pull me over RED
    2002 camaro SS

hey blue by u, ill meet you at the va. motorsports park, you pick the date, and will see, have some fun, maybe youll out run my 2002 SS, i just came from nc, went to see jeff creech @carolina auto masters, head and cam ,and his tune got me 430rwhp. what a good match, abby

no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 z28

Blue, Im having trouble believing that a mach 1 beat you with 450hp on tap. I pulled on one and i have a lid. It is definetely a decent race for me but i still pulled on him by two to three cars when we got high in the powerband. but you my friend are confused. if you have 450 hp then you shouldnt even be seeing a mach 1 in your mirror. first of all our bigger cubes hurt those cars top end (from my experience) and they are getting a few over 310 (probably) at the wheels. im impressed that you admitted defeat but damnit i dont believe you. if it wasnt stock you still beat it. stop being so modest.
    sorry to hear about the ride too man. good luck
    mother f#####. i guess i conveniently skipped over the part about him running a pro charger. fuck it, you still won (say its so)
    sorry again man

This Light Dinner Is Over hamburger68's Avatar

Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28 A4

aside from the win or not issue: be happy your driveshaft came out clean, a guy over here shared your experience. only his driveshaft ripped through the floor and broke his leg...

black
    00 ss camaro

well yes i did its a thunder racing trak cam ls6 maniold k&N fipk ported 90mm tb free mods hooker lt's 3" ory to a e. cut out ls6 oil pump asp underdrive pulley.. tune.. nick at newtech is the man.. mind you this cam is beefy... Thunder Racing Custom "Reverse Split" Camshaft - 230/224 .575/.563 111 LSA 2200-6800 RPM Power Band. Excellent mid-range & high RPM power. Automatic cars require computer tuning and it is recommend for optimum results on manual transmission cars . ok ive been dealing with these cars for along time i know my shit n by the way i liv in ca. not n.c. sorry guys.. and mind you the horsepowr and tq was with the cut out open it was around 15-17 less rwhp with the cut out closed

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Quote Originally Posted by BlueByU-SS View Post
    well yes i did its a thunder racing trak cam ls6 maniold k&N fipk ported 90mm tb free mods hooker lt's 3" ory to a e. cut out ls6 oil pump asp underdrive pulley.. tune.. nick at newtech is the man.. mind you this cam is beefy... Thunder Racing Custom "Reverse Split" Camshaft - 230/224 .575/.563 111 LSA 2200-6800 RPM Power Band. Excellent mid-range & high RPM power. Automatic cars require computer tuning and it is recommend for optimum results on manual transmission cars . ok ive been dealing with these cars for along time i know my shit n by the way i liv in ca. not n.c. sorry guys.. and mind you the horsepowr and tq was with the cut out open it was around 15-17 less rwhp with the cut out closed
    So, how do you get it past the smog Nazi's in Cali? I know TR's 224/224 can be made to pass but you have a split pattern cam as well as LT's and no cats.

BTW: Sorry to hear about the DS. I've seen worse happen when the DS comes apart.

pull me over RED
    2002 camaro SS

thats kinda unheard of, but thats great hp for just cam, i applaud your tuner and far as ca. vs nc, that dont matter, buy the way what kind of hp range would you have with swap heads?

black
    00 ss camaro

hey man i was a little weary of my dyno too so i called him n it was on 100 octane also.. i think that had a hand in it.. and im expectin hopefully 468-480 rwhp with a set of heads iono what its gonna be hp wise i do know however they will be afr's

black
    00 ss camaro

on the smog nazi's.. well its a track car................

Question

so let me break it down for you:
    SS stock = 310rwhp
    Mods:
    thunder racing trak cam = 30rwhp
    ls6 maniold = 10rwhp
    k&N = 5rwhp
    lid = 5rwhp
    ported 90mm tb = 3rwhp
    hooker lt's 3" ory = 15rwhp
    tune = 15rwhp
    asp underdrive pulley = 10rwhp
    total gain from mods= 93rwhp at best

New total = 403rwhp... we're missing 20 rwhp somewhere?

blk
    ?

CaliforniA..MIND the nazi remarks...if you should know there are hella areas ouside the main cities that do not need smog ...depending on where..but the smog laws do not bother the diehard...and i have always found A BUDDY TO GET TAGS FROM

blk
    ?

^^^it is very possible with a larger t-rex THUNDER CAM to net that hp easily!!! I have indeed heard of Newtech in Hayward ca.. in my direct area...

black
    00 ss camaro

oh ive heard of better with a t-rex cam.. but im tellin ya the cam is more than ya think.. its real nasty if you look at the website theres a dyno graph link under the trak cam it shows a t/a with less modsthan mine puttin 410 down

pull me over RED
    2002 camaro SS

hey blue, im pretty sure 100 octane didnt givethe hp

Thumbs up

100octane doesn't do anything unless you have turbo setup, put race gas and stuff on a tubo and yeah! ... fuel additives for an NA setup ain't giving you more hp.

black
    00 ss camaro

ok im calling b.s. on that one higher octane will help especially with a cam.. a cam lets more fuel in and exhaust out.. Am i wrong?? higher octane burns more efficiently..therefore you are burning more fuel.. or your engine is trying too.. thts why cars with big cams smell like gas at idle.. so if your ful burns hotter and more efficiently.. your making more power

pull me over RED
    2002 camaro SS

I Dont Know, Its All Cool, It Dont Matter To Much, Lets All Just Enjoy What We Got ,they Are All Fast, Its Cool Just To Own One, This Hp Thing Is Getting Old, Lets Start Something New, Lets All Get Time Slips On The 1/4 Mile, Give Us Something New To Talk About Abby

ok im calling b.s. on that one higher octane will help especially with a cam.. a cam lets more fuel in and exhaust out.. Am i wrong?? higher octane burns more efficiently..therefore you are burning more fuel.. or your engine is trying too.. thts why cars with big cams smell like gas at idle.. so if your ful burns hotter and more efficiently.. your making more power
    no, doesn't make more power...

blk
    ?

higher compression needs higher octane...whether the compression is from boost or just raw n/a compression...an ls1 tuned for 92 octane can make more power than if it was tuned with 87...obviously, so how does it not make more power
    Last edited by stunna-shades; 03-07-2007 at 05:41 PM.

Thread Information