Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nova kills 5

Nova kills 5

what sticks in my mind the most is the elderly couple killed one sunday afternoon by a 1970 nova just clowning around.killed 5 people!

5 think about it,in 1 second 5 peoples lives were over because of someone getting on it,blowing the engine and crossing the yellow line.Happened right out in frt of my shop.Witnesses said the nova was doing over 100 mph when it blew its engine and all hell broke loose as it slid on the oil.The old couple never even seen it coming as they were hit at the very top of a blind hill as they drove over the top the nova creamed them.The blood and oil laid in the street for days,it was sickening.

if this forum doesn't support street racing this won't be deleted!

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

kill stories
    We do not condone street racing

NBM
    '00 Z28

No offense, but shit happens. No one on earth is going to die before it's their time. When it's your time, that's it. It may be gruesome, it may be painful, it may be a freak occurence or you could die in your sleep. It doesn't really matter how it happens. The end result is the same. We all die.

Don't live like you've got tomorrow, because at some point, you wont.

how true but if you think you can street race and temp fate ,you gonna live a very short life!

Crazy as it sounds but the powers that be are discussing and planning in the near future cars that ONLY can go the posted speed limits.Personally i think its a bit much to go such a extreme,but its coming.Gotta do something to protect people from themselfs.I guess pasrt of the problem is our roads are so over crowded,everyone is stressed out in a hurry.Hell the other night coming home i'm behind two drivers going the posted speed limit on a busy two lane road.I got 10 cars on my AZZ trying to push me through them.Well the 1st car stops to turn left and of course i stop behind them.There was less than a few ft on the shoulder with a high bank.THOSE CARS BEHIND ME PASSED ME ON MY fking right!If i hadn't seen it with my own eyes i would have said BS,noway they would try it.Then when i tried to go again after the cars in frt of me turned the PRICks were blowing their horns at me still trying to get by me as i was MOVING!.I had to actually stand on it and get ahead of these azzholes to get going in my lanr again.Trust me if i would have been driving anything other than my wifes TA there would have been CARNAGE!

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

If they make new cars only do the speed limit I'll just keep my old car and pass them slow asses up.

Silver
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by toneloc60 View Post
    No offense, but shit happens. No one on earth is going to die before it's their time. When it's your time, that's it. It may be gruesome, it may be painful, it may be a freak occurence or you could die in your sleep. It doesn't really matter how it happens. The end result is the same. We all die.

Don't live like you've got tomorrow, because at some point, you wont.
    It is true that in the end we all die but if some John Force want-to-be slams into my car with my family in it and they get hurt.........well....they better hope to god I'm dead! Because, as you put it......it will be very painful! That's why they have drag strips......take it there! And if you kill yourself there....well.....it was your choice.....not some old couple that was driving around minding their own buisness....

NBM
    '00 Z28

I can completely understand the anger anyone would feel if they lost loved ones in what they deemed to be a senseless loss. However, what I'm trying to tell you is that it wouldn't matter if they were hit by a car that was racing or not. If it is their time to go, they're going to go. If it wasn't by being hit by a car, it would've been something else.

1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

Quote Originally Posted by cailey37 View Post
    It is true that in the end we all die but if some John Force want-to-be slams into my car with my family in it and they get hurt.........well....they better hope to god I'm dead! Because, as you put it......it will be very painful! That's why they have drag strips......take it there! And if you kill yourself there....well.....it was your choice.....not some old couple that was driving around minding their own buisness....

1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

Quote Originally Posted by YoMommasTA View Post
    Crazy as it sounds but the powers that be are discussing and planning in the near future cars that ONLY can go the posted speed limits.Personally i think its a bit much to go such a extreme,but its coming.Gotta do something to protect people from themselfs.I guess pasrt of the problem is our roads are so over crowded,everyone is stressed out in a hurry.Hell the other night coming home i'm behind two drivers going the posted speed limit on a busy two lane road.I got 10 cars on my AZZ trying to push me through them.Well the 1st car stops to turn left and of course i stop behind them.There was less than a few ft on the shoulder with a high bank.THOSE CARS BEHIND ME PASSED ME ON MY fking right!If i hadn't seen it with my own eyes i would have said BS,noway they would try it.Then when i tried to go again after the cars in frt of me turned the PRICks were blowing their horns at me still trying to get by me as i was MOVING!.I had to actually stand on it and get ahead of these azzholes to get going in my lanr again.Trust me if i would have been driving anything other than my wifes TA there would have been CARNAGE!
    but you cant say you've never done something stupid in your TA, aka raced somebody, or gone over the speed limit, took some fast hard turns etc... thats what these cars are built for and us men love that adrenaline rush from time to time

Quote Originally Posted by ss~zoso~ss View Post
    but you cant say you've never done something stupid in your TA, aka raced somebody, or gone over the speed limit, took some fast hard turns etc... thats what these cars are built for and us men love that adrenaline rush from time to time
    i'm as bad as anyone else when i think with my dic!My point in discussing this is to open your minds so you THINk about the other side of your actions out there.Hopefully its saves YOU or ME from lots of pain.Seriously if we don't take street racing serious others WILL and trust me in the near future you will be driving limited speed cars.

Black
    1998 LS1 T/A Conv. RamAir

I remember an Older Nova that hit a tree killing 5 High School kids near Wayland Michigan. It was in the late 70's or early 80's. It was determined that the accident was becuase of speed and a real small steering wheel that was popular back then. It wasn't even a drag race...There is usually a lot more involved than just the race it self to become deadly. Speed just simply increases the chances as well as a lack of sleep for example...

98 Formula
    06 duramax

For me the turning point was having kids. I used to race at the drop of a hat but now not so much. I will still race someone but usually only dig races and for short distances in zero traffic. I had 3-4 people trying to run me tonight in the GTO. They were all on the highway and would pace me then get on it trying to get me to go. I passed on all of them. No high speed races for me anymore. I want to see my kids grow up if at all possible and would hate to be the reason someone else doesn't get to see theirs.

blue,blue
    00 z-28 m6, 06 H3

like some one else said shit happens. but were i'm from the bible thumpers here won't let you have a strip so you gotta drive around 1 1/2 to 2 hrs away to race. what i'm saying is if kids/ racers had a place to go(or more places) around here we would have less racing and bs going on but the officals don't see it that way.so make a differance and lobby for more tracks instead of knocking every one here!
    LS7 clutch,01 slave,Corsa 3" stainless exhuast,drilled/slotted rotors + ceramic pads,160 thermo,Mti clear lid,msd 8.5 wires & Ngk plugs...more to come!
    www.cardomain.com/ride/2311455

Quote Originally Posted by jbb6811 View Post
    like some one else said shit happens. but were i'm from the bible thumpers here won't let you have a strip so you gotta drive around 1 1/2 to 2 hrs away to race. what i'm saying is if kids/ racers had a place to go(or more places) around here we would have less racing and bs going on but the officals don't see it that way.so make a differance and lobby for more tracks instead of knocking every one here!
    NO BODY is knocking ANYONE,geez get over that crap.We are discussing reality.Nearest track is 1 1/2 hrs away from me and i manage to get there just fine.

Silver
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by jbb6811 View Post
    The nearest track from me is about the same distance.....bottom line is you have to be responsible! It's not a matter of "shit happens." Like I said earlier....if you kill yourself on a track well then.....I see it as you made that choice to run the car......if you do it on the road you put not only your life in danger but that of others on the road! You dont know what's going to happen....could blow a tire, lose controll, or have someone pull out in front of you! If you feel that's knocking someone so be it.....things change when you have kids and you realize that it's really not that important......

I do agree with you that there should be more places for people to take their cars to but that is something you need to take up with your local government. I live in the bible belt also but we have a few strips around here. But you could have one in your back yard and I think you'd still have people doing street racing at the drop of the hat!!! It boils down to taking responsibility and using your head!

blue,blue
    00 z-28 m6, 06 H3

i totally agree. and when i get friday nights off i do go to the track. but if we had one in our county the guys in town fri & sat nights could cruz a few mins away to the track instead of a few mins away to the local drags(streets). i my self am no angel i've done it to.(the other night a sheriff/off duty "tried" to run me in his stang) but more tracks = less on streets you'll never stop them all but you can stop some.

blue,blue
    00 z-28 m6, 06 H3

sorry knocking was kinda harsh. and your right we ll need to be a little more responsable.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Are there enough flat spots in SC to have a drag strip?

I agree that if communities wanted to really do something about it they would support and build at least an 1/8th mile track and keep it cheap so kids can go racing. They'll race anyhow. Might as well make it in a safe(r) environment.

1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    For me the turning point was having kids. I used to race at the drop of a hat but now not so much. I will still race someone but usually only dig races and for short distances in zero traffic. I had 3-4 people trying to run me tonight in the GTO. They were all on the highway and would pace me then get on it trying to get me to go. I passed on all of them. No high speed races for me anymore. I want to see my kids grow up if at all possible and would hate to be the reason someone else doesn't get to see theirs.
    very VERY good point, i completely agree

Thread Information