White
    1998 FireBird Formula

Not really a kill, but it was fun

Nothing to exciting, but it was my first run since putting in the stall and LS6 intake.

I was making a right hand turn behind a z06 vette, looked and sounded stock and i didn't get to ask him if he had any mods. We make the turn onto a 4 lane road, i get in the left, he is in the right, pacing eachother at about 35-40mph, no honk, as soon as i heard his rpms come up i floored it. He started with the nose of his car right at my passenger side door, when i let off at 90mph due to traffic we were nose to nose.

Also my trans is kind of slipping and the stall isn't locking up right now.

White
    '10 ZR1

Quote Originally Posted by Tx98Formula View Post
    Nothing to exciting, but it was my first run since putting in the stall and LS6 intake.

I was making a right hand turn behind a z06 vette, looked and sounded stock and i didn't get to ask him if he had any mods. We make the turn onto a 4 lane road, i get in the left, he is in the right, pacing eachother at about 35-40mph, no honk, as soon as i heard his rpms come up i floored it. He started with the nose of his car right at my passenger side door, when i let off at 90mph due to traffic we were nose to nose.

Also my trans is kind of slipping and the stall isn't locking up right now.

What year was the Z?

White
    1998 FireBird Formula

early 2000's, not 100% sure on the year, but it still had the pop up headlights.

sunset orange
    2002 Camaro Z28

Thats sweet, congrats hopefully you get in better running condition and find him again lol

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

You must have alot of power to be nose to nose to a z06 with your trans slipping or he just wasnt racing.

White
    1998 FireBird Formula

during the run the trans wasn't slipping, i guess i should of specified that. It actually started after the run, it was kicking in and out of 4th for about 10 seconds, till i got slowed back down to 50 and it just stayed in 3rd after that.

i looked up the stats on a 2001 z06, 385/385 at the crank from the factory. Trust me i'm not going to make stuff up to sound cool to people on here, half the time i don't even post anything, this time i was just excited that i hung with a z06.

2011 Silverado CC 4x4 6.2

Quote Originally Posted by Tx98Formula View Post
    during the run the trans wasn't slipping, i guess i should of specified that. It actually started after the run, it was kicking in and out of 4th for about 10 seconds, till i got slowed back down to 50 and it just stayed in 3rd after that.

i looked up the stats on a 2001 z06, 385/385 at the crank from the factory. Trust me i'm not going to make stuff up to sound cool to people on here, half the time i don't even post anything, this time i was just excited that i hung with a z06.
    2002-2004 still looks identical but has 405 horsepower, 400 pound of torque

navy blue metallic
    2002 camaro ss

congrats man, hanging with a Z06 is a good feeling. I never raced one yet but the C5 vettes I race I normally beat. I would like a shot at one or better yet just buy one. lol.
    2002 Camaro SS/M6. Volant CAI, 80mm TB w/spacer, cat delete w/ ory, borla XR-1 w/ cme, custom tune, 3.73's, 8,000k HID headlights and foglights, 19" staggered ruff 278 wheels.

Black
    1999 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by dennis ss View Post
    congrats man, hanging with a Z06 is a good feeling. I never raced one yet but the C5 vettes I race I normally beat. I would like a shot at one or better yet just buy one. lol.

While the performance of the Z is incredible to say the least, I found the thrill of driving to be at a higher level behind the wheel of my Bird. It doesn't boil my drinks in the cup holder after 30 minutes of driving either.
    I've had 6 Corvettes in my life, including the latest 2006 Z06 and I haven't found one yet that I'd keep. On the other hand, I've owned 16 Firebirds/Camaros and I now have one I will never let go of.
    The 98-02's are the best. It will be hard for GM to top the looks and feel behind the wheel.
    Of course, that's just my opinion and the only person that matters to is me. For the extra $30k I'd shell out for the Vette, I could build my Bird to blow away 99.9% of them anyway.
    1999 WS6 - Black - 414rwhp 401rwtq w/o NOS
    632rwhp 577rwtq with HSW 250shot NOS

white
    1999 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by kevnstac View Post
    While the performance of the Z is incredible to say the least, I found the thrill of driving to be at a higher level behind the wheel of my Bird. It doesn't boil my drinks in the cup holder after 30 minutes of driving either.
    I've had 6 Corvettes in my life, including the latest 2006 Z06 and I haven't found one yet that I'd keep. On the other hand, I've owned 16 Firebirds/Camaros and I now have one I will never let go of.
    The 98-02's are the best. It will be hard for GM to top the looks and feel behind the wheel.
    Of course, that's just my opinion and the only person that matters to is me. For the extra $30k I'd shell out for the Vette, I could build my Bird to blow away 99.9% of them anyway.
    hooha to that brother

Thread Information