Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Nissan Titan vs 01 Z

Not a lot to mention, i dont race too often so when i get one ill post it either way. He had exhuast thats for sure, we went twice . The 1st time i wasnt expecting it at all just got on my a** and was starting to piss me off after a couple of miles. So he guns it to go past me by the way no traffic at all, once he is at my door i punch it and with in a 4-5 seconds ive pulled ahead and im a couple of cars ahead and back off. The 2nd race was from 60-115 and i lost count to the amount of car lengths it was, had to have been atleast 10 and pulling fast. I actually like the nissan titan, it sounds sick with exhuast on and the looks of the truck aint bad either. In the end the guy passes me looking the other way. Hopefully he learned a small lesson, not to ride someones A**.
    1993 Z28 M6: K&N Intake, 52mm TB, TB Bypass, No Cats, Exhaust Cutout, Flowmaster Muffler, 3.90 Gears, 160 Thermo, Tune, BMR Springs, Bilstein Shocks, 3 Point SFC,s & MGW Shifter.

Blue
    00 Z28 6Spd / 03 Z71 LT

Nissan is junk
    Trucks aren't made for racin' anyways.
    00 Z28 M6 T-tops
    00 SS A4 T-tops (Sold)
    99 Corvette M6 (Sold)
    98 Z28 A4 Coupe (Sold)
    98 Z28 A4 T-tops (Sold)

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Almost exactly the same story here, just replace the Titan with a Tundra, and the location to Oklahoma, and the date to two weeks ago....such a huge kill it wasn't worth posting. Hate getting tailgated...or in our case hatched...or hatchgated.....yeah I got nothin'.....

Nice kill

2016 Summit White 1SS - The DD - Mishimoto catch can, Solo axleback & secondary cat delete, LED sidemarkers & reverse lights, head/taillight blackout, RCC custom badges
    2001 NBM Trans Am WS6 - Torquer V2 cam, Yank 3000 stall, Transgo kit, Racetronix fuel pump, TSP LTs, Magnaflow catback, Strano Springs/Koni STR.T shocks, 17x9.5/17x11 TTII's
    2000 Arctic White SS #1667 - Sold

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Id have to agree i dont know what he was thinking trying to race, i was more in it because i was pissed. No need to ride someone a** for as long as he did. I guess some of those guys beat civics and then they think they own everyone. I dont know what it is were i live but there are soo many peeps with trucks and they all think they have hot rods. I must admitt i really like the SRT Dodge Ram or the lightning aint bad either but other then that not too many out there that are fast.
    Last edited by karpetcm; 03-20-2009 at 01:56 PM.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Well if its the new Tundra they are pretty quick got good amount of power but still would get beat. Im thinking of buying a truck and leaning towards a silverado, so will see what happens.

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Quote Originally Posted by karpetcm View Post
    Well if its the new Tundra they are pretty quick got good amount of power but still would get beat. Im thinking of buying a truck and leaning towards a silverado, so will see what happens.
    They are fat cows though....even at ~380-385bhp, they gotta pull all that baggage, plus I'll bet by the time power gets to the wheels, there's no more than what I have on my lightly modded SS... but I like the way the higher end ones look. He was just a jerk, and had his GF with him, so I embarrassed him a bit. Silverados are nice, but I think I want the new Denali truck

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Ya they are really heavy and they look alot bigger then the older tundras. The Denali trucks do look nice and would prefer that over the silverado but its been a while i havent seen one around my area. I usually see ford F150, Chevy Silverado and Dodge Ram which are the regular stuff ofcourse the Turbo deisels as well. What did the guy in the tundra do ? either way its nice to put him in his place especially with his GF next to him, hehe.

silver
    2002 ws6

every tundra\titan owner thinks their truck is a race car

Red
    2002 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by karpetcm View Post
    I must admitt i really like the SRT Dodge Ram or the lightning aint bad either but other then that not too many out there that are fast.
    so I take it that you haven't raced many diesles?

Blue
    2000 Camaro SS Convertibl

I don't know what it is, but to me, "monster truck" guy is a bigger dousche than Mustang guy on the street, in my book. When I got my car out of storage today, and drove around a bit, I got hit both times by guys in their half ton pickups, trying to race me, revving their engines at me at the stop lights. Of course, both times, we were in the city, w/ traffic in front of us, w/ a 30 mph speed limit...WTF? Kind of like slapping Mike Tyson behind bars, scampering off, and calling yourself a badass after the incident.

Red
    2002 Camaro SS

okay... but have you raced a diesel? espically a newer one?

Blue

You're joking right? How's things in New Orleans?

Red
    2002 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by knoll5150 View Post
    You're joking right? How's things in New Orleans?
    okay that was wrong to say.... but any who I'm not from New Orleans..... read it..... and no I'm not joking...

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

I havent raced any deisels but i know ive seen a few run really fast and the fast ones id like to stay away from looks really bad loosing to a deisel hehe.

Blue

I don't care how many Turbo-chargers you throw into those diesal engines carrying a 5000+ lbs beast, it's not going to outrun any ponycar with a v-8. Maybe a SRT-10 or, (if you can find it on E-Bay_) a Syclone, can match up to these cars, until you hit a corner of course, and they go rolling in a ditch. Listen, I love trucks for what they are...trucks. Great for hauling stuff, towing stuff, etc. etc. But building them to race against Camaro's, Birds, Mustangs, and (god forgive me ) Ricers, is just dumb. It's like building a Ferarri to be fast, but take the 4 children to soccer camp, While they're watching Shrek on DVD too. Does'nt work that way. Listen Truck guy, you'll kill me chasing down a deer on the offroads of Canada, you'll never beat me running away from any cop on ANY highway. We know our limits, KNOW yours.

Black
    2002 TA WS6 M6

I raced a Dodge 2500 diesel, 2007 I believe, on grudge night at the track. He had almost 3 lengths on me before I got to the 60 ft marker. Caught him half way down the track and beat him by a little more than a car length. They make sick numbers as far as torque goes. I'd hate to have lost. lol

Red
    2002 Camaro SS

LOL okay... so how fast do you think the diesel's can go in the 1/4 with a intake, ehaust and tuner?

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Quote Originally Posted by najaf4life View Post
    LOL okay... so how fast do you think the diesel's can go in the 1/4 with a intake, ehaust and tuner?
    12's until the turbo you just overboosted blows your stock gaskets.....waaaaayy too expensive to mod them correctly...there isn't a cheap part on those bastards....but to each their own

silver
    2002 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KArcticSS View Post
    12's until the turbo you just overboosted blows your stock gaskets.....waaaaayy too expensive to mod them correctly...there isn't a cheap part on those bastards....but to each their own
    plus the thousands of dollars it costs to build a tranny up that'll handle it

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    plus the thousands of dollars it costs to build a tranny up that'll handle it
    Especially in the Dodges...well, especially in all of them, but my wife's uncle works at a Dodge dealership and does at least 3 tranny jobs a week, mostly for that very reason. He has had some pretty crazy stuff come in.

Thread Information