Thread: New Z28 Owner

Navy Blue Metallic
    2001 Camaro Z28 M6 T-Top

New Z28 Owner

Well, I've only had the car two weeks and have already raced more than I've done in the previous 7 years of driving. I have a 2001 Z28 M6, basic mods - SLP lid and exhaust.

First race was last week. I'm sitting at a red light and a guy with a pre-2004 Mustang GT is revving at a light. First off, I didn't think people actually did that crap, but now I see its a right of passage to "rev" your motor to show people up. Anyways, 0-60 I killed this guy (I shut off at 60 since it wasn't worth wasting my gas going any faster). He didn't come near me again.

However, yesterday was awesome. I'm cruising on a two lane road and this Porsche blows by me. Then, he slows down until I catch up (I'm cruising around 35 mph). He looks over at me and starts giving his car gas, and then letting off. I didn't feel like racing so I let him be. He takes off. He's probably 100-200 feet ahead of me and then he slows down until we are side by side again. He just looks over and smiles at me. And, the race gods were on my side because the the light ahead of us turned red. We come to a stop and he is letting his car roll back and forth, revving his motor.

I caught a glimpse of the back of his car, and it still had dealer tags on it. It was a Cayman S. From very limited knowledge of Porsche, I knew this car wasn't that fast, but ran mid 13's or so stock.

Light turned green, he jumped ahead about a car length (a Porsche car length, not a Buick lol), and we are both running them pretty hard. I slowly started gaining on him and pulled ahead by a car length. We shut off at 90.

Then, he wouldn't look at me anymore do pull the patented revving bullshit. He just drove off.

Granted, my car doesn't have much in the way of mods. But its still nice beating a $58,000 Porsche with a 6 year old car with minimal mods.

Nice runs, and welcome aboard!

98T/Aformula
    Yeah you will win more then you lose that is for sure ! The longer you have the car the less you will start to notice ppl reving there shit at you cuz you get so use to it, but it always puts a smile on my face when they do haha, nice kills btw...two down and many more to go !

Navy Blue Metallic
    2001 Camaro Z28 M6 T-Top

Quote Originally Posted by 98T/Aformula View Post
    Yeah you will win more then you lose that is for sure ! The longer you have the car the less you will start to notice ppl reving there shit at you cuz you get so use to it, but it always puts a smile on my face when they do haha, nice kills btw...two down and many more to go !
    Its actually kind of funny when people rev. I've personally never felt that threatened by another vehicle to sit there and rev.

Well, I take that back. Last week I was stopped next to a Shelby GT500 Mustang, and thought, "I wish I could take him." That's when the mod bug hit me

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Yea you'll get all kinds reving at you...even the trucks( besides mine because I know better ). Nice kill...

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

Nice kills... show them Nazi Car lovin yuppies what a LS1 is...

and don't worry the'll be plenty more races when those came from...

Pewter
    2000 SS Camaro

Nice kills, good to see another F-body owner on board.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2001 Camaro Z28 M6 T-Top

I'm loving it so far!

Sometimes, I'll stand back and just admire the beauty of the car. The lines, curves, the way it sits. Its a damn sexy car.

I'm still learning the nuances of it. The hardest part - for me - will be learning how to launch this 6 speed. Don't get me wrong, I have no problem driving it. But any vehicle I ever raced was an automatic, so it takes some getting used to. Plus, having been on LS1.com for a bit, I'm afraid of missing a shift and turning my pushrods into spaghetti lol

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Welcome aboard man! Great kills... You'll also learn that most people who wanna race you, usually wanna do it from a roll for some reason as well...

Thread Information