Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Mustang GT

Silver
    2002 Z28

New Mustang GT

I'm rolling off the light when this new Mustang GT vert. with a yuppie looking guy pops out from a side street. He gets next to me at about 25 and nails it. There's no traffic ahead so I punch the Z.

First gear I stop his pull, second gear I clear almost three, and by the top of third he's a spot in my rearview. At the next light he gets in a turn lane and doesn't get up next to me. A dude in a Silverado that was behind us caught up at the light. I heard him yell "You got worked!" to the the Mustang driver.
    Last edited by mrr23; 06-08-2006 at 03:36 PM. Reason: removal of non-sponsor advertising

1997 Formula & 2003 cobra
    great kill.. '' you got worked ''

1997 lt1 T/A
    notta u

2000z28
    yeah i can believe that, there was a guy at the track a couple wks ago, and he had a new mustang GT and he couldnt get below 14 seconds in the 1/4, maybe he was a crappy driver or maybe the mustang is a little overhyped, i wouldnt mind racing one in my z28 though

Black
    1998 Trans Am, 2007 TB SS

I think they overhyped them a bit. My brother used my Trans Am to go the barbershop one day (lightly modded) and called me about 20 minutes later telling me he just pulled one from a dig by three cars up to about 90 and then shut it down. I remember seeing an episode of Horsepower TV, where they put one on the dyno and it laid down 220 or so to the wheels. They put a CAI and an exhaust on it and got it up to around 230ish or so. Not bashing mustangs, just saying what I saw.

Legend Lime
    2005 Mustang GT

Quote Originally Posted by SR71
    I think they overhyped them a bit. My brother used my Trans Am to go the barbershop one day (lightly modded) and called me about 20 minutes later telling me he just pulled one from a dig by three cars up to about 90 and then shut it down. I remember seeing an episode of Horsepower TV, where they put one on the dyno and it laid down 220 or so to the wheels. They put a CAI and an exhaust on it and got it up to around 230ish or so. Not bashing mustangs, just saying what I saw.
    No, it was 120hp at the wheels....not one of these threads again.....

03 Terminator

Quote Originally Posted by s197
    No, it was 120hp at the wheels....not one of these threads again.....
    120? seriously? my little .6L R6 makes a tad more than that at the engine

Adios and vaya con dios ZAPFOOL!!'s Avatar

Victory Red
    2002 Corvette Z06

raced one or two in my truck...to be honest its kinda sad

Black
    99 SS Vert M6

Quote Originally Posted by ZAPFOOL!!
    raced one or two in my truck...to be honest its kinda sad
    I don't even waste my time anymore with GT's. Punks pull up and wanna race me all the time. I just rub my fingers together and ask how much? I've decided that beating on my SS against a GT should be worth something. If I posted every GT kill I'd be a thread hog. As far as the new mustang GT's go... They still suck ass like before. I'll never respect a naturally aspirated 4.6. Untill they come with the 5.4 they'll suck.

Adios and vaya con dios ZAPFOOL!!'s Avatar

Victory Red
    2002 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by Huskerz1
    I don't even waste my time anymore with GT's. Punks pull up and wanna race me all the time. I just rub my fingers together and ask how much? I've decided that beating on my SS against a GT should be worth something. If I posted every GT kill I'd be a thread hog. As far as the new mustang GT's go... They still suck ass like before. I'll never respect a naturally aspirated 4.6. Untill they come with the 5.4 they'll suck.

yep...ill stick with my blown 5.4

john
    Quote Originally Posted by SR71

That episode has been discussed here before. I think the conclusion was it was not an '05+ mustang gt, but a sn95 car with two valve heads.

john

Black
    05 mustang GT modded

RE:
    by the top of third he's a spot in my rearview

I don't know where you guys live, or how these guys drive these stangs, but I've seen your Z's get worked on the track where I'm at. It's back and forth. A Z will triumph, then a stang would also. A WS6 got worked just this last Wednesday By an 05 that has shorty's CAI and tune and an axle back. I don't know what the Ws6 had done to it. I raced an SS and I blew it by creeping forward and red lighted.. He launched ahead and won due to my screw up, but he didn't pull on me in third gear like I thought he would. I was realing him in suprisingly to me. He won by two car lengths. I wanted him again so I could launch this beast on him. I was at the track all day and I never saw an 05/06 get worked the way you guyz talk on this board(specs in the mirror,etc..). What am I missing? Are you racing V6's?
    Last edited by Camarofan; 05-31-2006 at 02:29 AM.

Black
    05 mustang GT modded

Quote Originally Posted by Huskerz1
    My brother lives down in Texas. When I visit him, I wouldn't mind passin through Dallas/Fort Worth and giving you a race that you will appreciate

Black
    05 mustang GT modded

I know the flame is about to start, but I'm sorry guys,Your Z's and SS's aren't all that. I've raced more powerful cars than a lot of you have and they don't even leave me like you guys say you leave the 05/06's. The only way is if you all drive low 11/high 10 second cars. If you have that under your hood, then you are as fast as you say you are. If your in the 12's, you'd better at least be in the low 12's. High twelves Is not good enough because guys are cracking into the 12's with some bolt on's in the 05/06's.

Torrid Red
    05 GTO

I havent met a GT yet that can hang with my stock GTO. I tried to get a dude in a Rausch Stang to race me the other day, and he wouldnt play.

ASC #753
    2002 Collector's Edition

HMMMM!!! where are all these 12 second 05/06 GTs. None of em want to play with me. They all just simply turn when I come around. I at least would like to play. Hell I will even give them a thumbs up if they beat me. It's all good, just having fun. And a stock GT, ummmm easily a disappearing in my rearview by 4th gear (3.42 gears still installed.) And still haven't seen any of them at our 1/8th mile track here.
    2002 Collector's Edition Trans Am WS6
    Born Dec. 6, 2001 ASC #753
    http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...ldgetsshow.gif

Legend Lime
    2005 Mustang GT

Quote Originally Posted by TACE02
    HMMMM!!! where are all these 12 second 05/06 GTs. None of em want to play with me. They all just simply turn when I come around. I at least would like to play. Hell I will even give them a thumbs up if they beat me. It's all good, just having fun. And a stock GT, ummmm easily a disappearing in my rearview by 4th gear (3.42 gears still installed.) And still haven't seen any of them at our 1/8th mile track here.
    As much as I'd like to say that the new Mustang is the fastest car around, I know that it isn't. Should a car with 420 hp or a SC Lightning with 520#ft of torque waste a stock GT? Hell yes it should. Why wouldn't it? My car is what it is. It has a 3V 281ci motor putting out over 300hp that looks cool and doesn't cost over 30K. If a car with less weight and more power, or a truck with more weight and a sh!t load more power can't walk it, then there is a problem. I don't claim that the GT is the fastest or the best, but I do agree with Camarofan that sometimes the stories do seem to be exaggerated a touch.

Does getting beat by a stonger car make your car a POS? I hope not, but thats the way it comes across sometimes.

I don't have a problem with modern day muscle cars/trucks. Yes I realize this is a LS1 site and I own a POS Mustang. This site is very entertaining, thats why I am here. Keep the stories coming.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

[QUOTE=s197] It has a 3V 281ci motor putting out over 300hp that looks cool and doesn't cost over 30K. QUOTE]

over 30k? shit... around here they are marked up a crap load.. i see them sell from 32 - 36 new...
    they are sweet looking cars...

i can't get any to race me though..

Black
    05 mustang GT modded

TACE02 HMMMM!!! where are all these 12 second 05/06 GTs. None of em want to play with me. They all just simply turn when I come around.
    You can find a lot of them on Mustang forums or Modular fords. Believe me when I say this, I wouldn't turn around if you was trying to race me. I'll race anything. I had a Z28 start showing off next to me about 3 days ago. I was trying to bait him to this street where the cops have no hide outs, but he turned off.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason05GTO
    I havent met a GT yet that can hang with my stock GTO. I tried to get a dude in a Rausch Stang to race me the other day, and he wouldnt play.
    I saw something that surprised me. The day I was at the track, My best time was 14.6(5800ft) there was this other guy that had a best time of 15.0 all day and he drove an 05 GTO. Yep the 6.0. A stock viper had a best of only 14.1. I don't know what year the viper was though, but it definately was not the new one. We had strong headwinds that day. This is what leads me to waive the flag with a lot of the stories here.
    THE 05/06 MUSTANG IS NOT THE FASTEST CAR OUT THERE. Quote me on that.
    On the same note, NEITHER IS THE LS1/LS2. The LS7's have a better chance of making the claim of being king. From what i've actually seen, Ls1's and 2's can be beaten by the 05/06 stang from time to time.
    Last edited by Camarofan; 05-31-2006 at 09:32 AM.

Legend Lime
    2005 Mustang GT

[QUOTE=The Real Spaz]
    Quote Originally Posted by s197
    It has a 3V 281ci motor putting out over 300hp that looks cool and doesn't cost over 30K. QUOTE]

over 30k? shit... around here they are marked up a crap load.. i see them sell from 32 - 36 new...
    they are sweet looking cars...

i can't get any to race me though..
    I agree, people were paying over sticker. I didn't, but some did. I guess instant gratification is more important to some people than money.

Thread Information