Blue/White
    00 TA/05 Legacy GT

New model Mustangs

So I've killed two of them in the past month or so.

The first went from a 40mph roll to 85, and it was dead even until the latter half of the race when I pulled roughly a car-length. We went again from a 20mph roll, and I ripped him up that time, pulling 2 cars on him by 60 and letting off.

Just like I remembered them from the earlier models, they seem to catch a good gear at 40mph.

The 2nd one was one of those body-kit decked out ones, black, and sounded mean. We went from 50-100, and I SLOWLY pulled all the way through, and had about 3/4 of a car-length on him when we had to let off due to upcoming traffic.

I'm new here, so I don't know what you guys think about those cars, but I really like'm myself, and am proud that Ford kept them rolling of the assembly line while the idiots at GM let our F-body die.

In the 80's and 90's I absolutely hated those cars, but now, as we find ourselves in a world surrounded by riced-out Hondas and Hyundai Tiburons, I kinda consider them allies... you know what I mean?

Well maybe not allies, but you get the picture.

--

BTW, my car's a 2000 Trans Am, A4, with Borla Catback and Y-pipe, and SLP Lid.

Only 41,000 miles, and I only drive it on nice days, otherwise she sits in the garage. Love it!

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

Oh yea we see where you come from on the ally thing. I would much rather see another mustang than a shitty riced out civic. good kills

Black
    2000 Z-28

I pretty much hate mustangs but I have my reasons. Nice kills by the way.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

hm... I agree... one of my best friends has a 03 Mach1 Stang... we help each other out in everything... even IF...we do have the usual Ford vs Chevy Arguments...

but then again, around here... Muscle needs to stick together cause there's just too much Rice on the road...

Nice Kills Btw!...

SSweet Home Chicago!!! BlankinSShip's Avatar

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

I wouldn't necessarily say Ally... I believe it falls under keep your friends close and your enemies closer, sort of thing...

Ricers don't fall under either category, but lets me honest, Ford is our rival...

I agree they are one of the few lasting American Muscle cars... But, till the end of time, they will be our competition...

It's kind of like Alien VS. Predator, where they Predators come down, get the queen to shoot out a whole bunch of aliens, and then kill them all... We are the Predators...

P.S. - Nice Kills...
    -Nick
    '01 Camaro SS M6 "The Beast"

Collector Yellow
    2002 Pontiac Trans Am CE

Quote Originally Posted by Rikki_SeVeN View Post
    hm... I agree... one of my best friends has a 03 Mach1 Stang... we help each other out in everything... even IF...we do have the usual Ford vs Chevy Arguments...

but then again, around here... Muscle needs to stick together cause there's just too much Rice on the road...

Nice Kills Btw!...
    x2

Nice kill.

NBM
    98 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by BlankinSShip View Post
    I wouldn't necessarily say Ally... I believe it falls under keep your friends close and your enemies closer, sort of thing...

Ricers don't fall under either category, but lets me honest, Ford is our rival...

I agree they are one of the few lasting American Muscle cars... But, till the end of time, they will be our competition...

It's kind of like Alien VS. Predator, where they Predators come down, get the queen to shoot out a whole bunch of aliens, and then kill them all... We are the Predators...

P.S. - Nice Kills...
    wow haha thats awsome +2

Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS SLP M6

The new Mustangs are so generic. Every midlife crisis guy/woman has one with alll the "retro" accesories like the stripes and loovers. There so expensive too, I saw a used 05 in the paper today for $20K. A mid to high 13 second car for that much? No thanks. I can pick up a used LS1 for around $10k and spank new Mustangs all day with it.
    2002 SS M6 Convertible

Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS SLP M6

But if you really like them you might enjoy the new Knight Rider series:

http://www.popularmechanics.com/auto...s/4237588.html

Blue/White
    00 TA/05 Legacy GT

Quote Originally Posted by Redegal View Post
    The new Mustangs are so generic. Every midlife crisis guy/woman has one with alll the "retro" accesories like the stripes and loovers. There so expensive too, I saw a used 05 in the paper today for $20K. A mid to high 13 second car for that much? No thanks. I can pick up a used LS1 for around $10k and spank new Mustangs all day with it.
    Oh, I agree that bang for the buck, we've got them beat hands down, but I still think they're a good looking car with a lot of tradition.

I also love that Alien vs. Predator analogy. I guess the average people that are running around getting killed in the middle of the fight, when they have no business being there (If you have seen AVP-R, wow I lost track of how many people died in that one), they would be the representation of the ricers.

SSweet Home Chicago!!! BlankinSShip's Avatar

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

HAHA... For Sure AVP-R...

WRX Drivers would be that assbag ex-boyfriend dude...

Magnetic
    2016 Shelby GT350

Quote Originally Posted by 2000LS1Bird View Post
    So I've killed two of them in the past month or so.

The first went from a 40mph roll to 85, and it was dead even until the latter half of the race when I pulled roughly a car-length. We went again from a 20mph roll, and I ripped him up that time, pulling 2 cars on him by 60 and letting off.

Just like I remembered them from the earlier models, they seem to catch a good gear at 40mph.

The 2nd one was one of those body-kit decked out ones, black, and sounded mean. We went from 50-100, and I SLOWLY pulled all the way through, and had about 3/4 of a car-length on him when we had to let off due to upcoming traffic.

I'm new here, so I don't know what you guys think about those cars, but I really like'm myself, and am proud that Ford kept them rolling of the assembly line while the idiots at GM let our F-body die.

In the 80's and 90's I absolutely hated those cars, but now, as we find ourselves in a world surrounded by riced-out Hondas and Hyundai Tiburons, I kinda consider them allies... you know what I mean?

Well maybe not allies, but you get the picture.

--

BTW, my car's a 2000 Trans Am, A4, with Borla Catback and Y-pipe, and SLP Lid.

Only 41,000 miles, and I only drive it on nice days, otherwise she sits in the garage. Love it!
    THANKS!
    '01 BMW 330ci: Race it in a modified class in BMW CCA Club Racing and NASA endurance races.
    '04 Lincoln LS V8 Sport: Stock.
    '04 Mustang Cobra coupe (white/gray): Modified.

Thread Information