Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Need help with a mustang

Curious what numbers and times can I expect from a 95 mustang GT, 5.0 with manual windows and ...

Eledbrock performer intake (upper and lower) ported
    Mac cold air induction (fenderwell)
    Pro flow mass air flow optimizer
    Eledlebrock BBK 70mm throttle body
    forged pistons (10.3/1 compression)
    fluidyne 3 core aluminum racing radiator
    Taylor 10 mm racing wires
    Platnium sprak plugs
    Tremec TICO M5 (X2C Motor sports proshifted)
    3.90 gears
    C&L 73mm mass air flow meter with cobra electronics
    Spec stage 2 clutch
    electric fan
    180 thermostat
    1 3/4" stepped to 1 7/8" full length stepped headers (Bussari)

any help will be great

2005 GTO M6 Black
    2000 Z28 A4 Red

At best high 13. I would guess. Alot of stuff but not much power adding. 5.0 was a little underpowered for that heavier chassis so realistically its still probably in the 14's. I raced one similar to that set up when I had nothing more than a lid, freemods and a flow crapper and put about over 5 on him before 80 mph when I decided he was too far back to be close. It was his first LS1 race he asked me if I was spraying
    My Toy 00 Z28 1SC A4 - MS3 cam with supporting valvetrain, Milled LS6 heads, LS7 lifters, , ARP rod and mains, All free mods, pacesetters, True duals, moser 9 with 4.11's and Detroit Locker, Vig 3600 tuned, tubular SFC,adj PHR, LCA, adj TA, PHR reloc, LCA reloc. all with poly bushings, ZR1's and Nitto DR's (315).

My other toy 05 GTO LS2 M6- Comp XR269HR cam, 918's, hardened pushrods, Dart Pro 1's, pacesetters, X-pipe, flowmaster 1 chambers, TSP oil pump, Tick master cylinder. Pedders RR bushings, end links, SB bushings, tie rods and strut mounts, total performance poly F&R bushings. Polk DVC 12", Infinity Kappa 6.5 component and 6x9's with corresponding amps.

Her toy 77 F100-6.6/c6. All original (for now)

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Wit ha good driver and drag radials that could be a high 12 second car. Who gets forged internals and doesnt do head or cam or forced induction work anyway lol. I have seen a 95 with just exhaust turn a 14.2. So with gears and those other mods and a average driver a mid 13 second car.

Awaiting Activation

Black
    RIP S4 06Tbss

Who knows the only way to find out is race him who cares if you lose this info wont help out your cause when you lined up next to him....Plus the majority of the ppl who ask this never end up racing that other person.....But you might win you might lose no one on this site really knows they can just guess off of there experences and they got thoes experences and knolage off of actully racing haha sorry had to rant a lil.....

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

I raced a 95 GT H.O. in my 96GT and even bone stock I was neck and neck with him the whole time. My GT ran a 15.5....I would not sweat it one bit.

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

No its not something to race. But could be a future purchase

Awaiting Activation

Black
    RIP S4 06Tbss

Quote Originally Posted by JwMonE99 View Post
    No its not something to race. But could be a future purchase
    Oh why is it in the kill sec then haha....you gonna get rid of the Z then ?

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

The thing is I don't have a Z. The one in my pic was a v6 : ( and its long gone. I been looking for an LS1 for 9 months now...getting desperate and moving to the darkside. From what I understand a 95 with the 5.0 and those mods should be getting low 13s

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Oh yea I wasn't sure which section to post this one, but i figured put it on here becasue it would kill the camaros lol j/p

lookin for a ws6

There is a local guy that has a 98 gt , heads, cam ,intake, full exhaust, gears, and drag radials . He is a regular at the track and runs 13.5's. With spray { 125 shot } he runs 12.3 - 12.4 's .
    They can be made fast, but you are starting with a car that has 100 less hp to begin with.
    I had a 95 gt turbo , heads, cam, intake, bigger injectors , great clutch and gears , dynoed at 421 rwhp . I have since sold it and bought another ws6.
    Stay with the f-bodies!
    Last edited by Lawnman; 10-04-2007 at 06:14 PM.

Red?
    2001 Z28

The thing is I don't have a Z. The one in my pic was a v6 : ( and its long gone. I been looking for an LS1 for 9 months now...getting desperate and moving to the darkside. From what I understand a 95 with the 5.0 and those mods should be getting low 13s
    I don't mean to burst your bubble, but there's no way in the world that '95 is going to see low 13s with the mods listed. I'll give you a real world example. I owned an '86 GT with a Tremec TKO and 3.55 gears. The car had Edelbrock 5.0 heads, Cobra intake, 65mm TB, MAF conversion with a 75mm "Bullet" MAF meter, 24 # injectors, Moroso FIPK, Wolverine 1087 split duration cam(.510 intake, .534 exhaust lift), underdrive pulley, 1 5/8" shorty headers, catalytic H-pipe, and mandrel bent 2 1/2" dual cat back with super turbo mufflers. The car weighed in at 3,180 lbs. with a half tank of gas. I went 12.85 with this set-up on BF Goodrich DRs. Now I'm not Evan Smith, but I drive pretty well. The SN 95s are considerably heavier. I'd venture to say that a typical SN 95 5.0 GT tips the scales between 34- 3500 lbs, probably closer to 3500.
    For another point of reference, I owned an '88 LX. The car was basically a "stripper"(a.k.a. optionless), and considerably lighter than my '86. I went as quick as 14.20s on radials while it was stock except for the air silencer. With the mods listed, that '95 will make more power than my '88, but not enough to offset the additional weight. You're not really going to uncork a 5.0 until you get a good set of aluminum heads and cam it. The intake will help, but the headers are a mismatch for the current listed combo. Back in the 90s, when I was really into the 5.0s, every one of the top 5.0 performance companies in the country that I spoke to, told me NOT to go bigger than 1 5/8" on the primaries on a stock displacement 5.0 unless, it's a VERY serious set-up. I was told that 1 5/8" was fine for my built '86.
    I'd be very surprised if you hit the very high 13s, even with full slicks. If I had to guess, I would expect maybe mid 14s, give or take a couple tenths. Look at it this way. That car weighs similar to an LS1 F-body, but it's down 80-100 whp, and lots of torque. Just a little insight from someone who's been there.

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Ok with that mod lost plus a cam? what do u expect it to run?

Red?
    2001 Z28

Ok with that mod lost plus a cam? what do u expect it to run?
    Again, that's very difficult to say, because there are so many variables. A stock headed 5.0 won't respond nearly as well as an LS1 to a cam alone, due to the cylinder heads. The stock E7TE heads(I'm going from memory on that part number) are better than the '86 castings, but they are a real cork. According to one article I have here from MM & FF magazine, "the stock heads only flow about 150 cfm per runner, which is enough to feed about 250-260 hp." No other airflow-enhancing mod will perform to it's maximum potential without upgrading to a good set of aftermarket aluminum heads. I wouldn't even bother swapping cams unless you change the heads, too. They're your biggest stumbling block. Also, how about the rest of the exhaust? An H-pipe or an X-pipe? Larger diameter, mandrel bent tubing? Good mufflers? It's been beaten to death on these forums, but that's because it's true....it's all about the combo. For example, which version of the Edelbrock intake do you have? You've got to be sure that you have a cam-heads-intake combo that is well-matched. If it isn't, your car will be an underachiever.
    With a street-style suspension set-up on a '94 or '95 GT, a good head-cam-intake combo(with the other bolt-ons of course), should easily get you deep into the 13s. How deep will depend on your driving skill. As I said, however, I wouldn't change out the cam without changing the heads, too. Good aftermarket 5.0 heads aren't that expensive, so I would save up and do both together. Also, plan for the future. If you have any aspirations of forced induction, play it safe and add a blower-friendly cam, and mod it now with great consideration of your future plans. It will save you hassle and money. 5.0s can be turned into giant killers when done right, just take the "combo" approach. This, of course, is if you choose to buy one! LOL.

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

Eledbrock performer intake (upper and lower) ported
    Who ported it? Professional shop or hack job? That's a decent street/strip intake, if it hasn't been ruined.

Mac cold air induction (fenderwell)
    Pro flow mass air flow optimizer
    Eledlebrock BBK 70mm throttle body
    Typical minor bolt-ons, worth about zero gains....perhaps a couple of ponies from the CAI. 70mm TB is an absolute waste with a typical street 5.0.

forged pistons (10.3/1 compression)
    How did we go from 9:1 stock to a 10.3/1 with a piston change? Are they domed? What kind of pistons?

fluidyne 3 core aluminum racing radiator
    Taylor 10 mm racing wires
    Platnium sprak plugs
    Waste of cash. I guess the radiator is ok.

Tremec TICO M5 (X2C Motor sports proshifted)
    I assume this is a pro-shifted T5? Don't know what "TICO" is. Driven properly - and with good traction, a Pro-shifted tranny can take tenths off the ET. On the street, they aren't real friendly.

FYI, X2C is long gone.

3.90 gears
    Reasonable choice.

C&L 73mm mass air flow meter with cobra electronics
    Waste.

Spec stage 2 clutch
    Stocker works fine, but doesn't hurt anything.

electric fan
    Ok. Saves a couple HP.

180 thermostat
    No help

1 3/4" stepped to 1 7/8" full length stepped headers (Bussari)
    On a mostly stock motor? Dumb, dumb, dumb.

any help will be great
    What heads are on the car? How about the cam? If it is stock, unported heads, and a stock cam, then this is a poorly-modded car, and will have a hard time beating a new Accord.

Another question...is it full weight? Does it have a "boom boom stereo" and other weight-adding items?

FYI....there are examples of "bolt-on" 94/95 GTs that have gone low 13s.

Black
    '91 turbo fox, '97 vette

I assume that by "TICO" he heard TKO and misinterpreted it. I'm guessing that if he's got a pro-shifted TKO and all the other crap listed, there's more to this car. Seems like an utter waste of nice parts without heads and a cam at a minimum.

Chris

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

Agreed. Further, a TKO will sap more HP than a T5. The only reason to have that tranny is if you are overpowering the stock T5.

Bob

silver
    89 BII, 02 SS

I think if you're going to purchase a car, you should get an LT1 instead of a GT.

no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 z28

not a bad start. try looking at an a fomoco cam and see what happens.

all i know is this:

94 5.0
    dart pro 1 heads
    fomoco "b" cam
    longtubes
    bbk x pipe
    magnaflow mufflers
    cai
    edelbrock intake

dyno'd 302 to the ground.

anything more specific i cant help you. this car was a guys i previously worked with. nice car, moronic owner. (150 dry shot anyone??)

IMO if you are seriously looking at a 5.0 avoid the sn95 platform. too heavy for the power the 5.0 produced in stock form. go fox body.

silver
    89 BII, 02 SS

Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post
    not a bad start. try looking at an a fomoco cam and see what happens.

all i know is this:

94 5.0
    dart pro 1 heads
    fomoco "b" cam
    longtubes
    bbk x pipe
    magnaflow mufflers
    cai
    edelbrock intake

dyno'd 302 to the ground.

anything more specific i cant help you. this car was a guys i previously worked with. nice car, moronic owner. (150 dry shot anyone??)

IMO if you are seriously looking at a 5.0 avoid the sn95 platform. too heavy for the power the 5.0 produced in stock form. go fox body.
    Those numbers are impressive. I saw someplace a built 302 stroker kit in a new edge GT dyno 317 wheels

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

Eh.....so so. 11 years ago, my 88 made almost 290 RWHP with stock ported heads, a good cam, untouched intake, and bolt-ons.

I personally wouldn't bother with Ford 'alphabet' cams.

Dart heads were probably too much for the cam and the stock short block.

"Stroked" 302s should make far, far more than 317 RWHP - more like 370+. Would be pretty rare to have one in a New Edge Mustang, but I suppose not unheared of.

Thread Information