Thread: My WS-6 vs 350Z

Black & Black
    2001 Firehawk & 2002 WS-6

My WS-6 vs 350Z

Well I was on my way home from work and I see a 350Z coming and not really a lot of space then another car, but hell I didn't feel like waiting behind the rest of the traffic so I pulled out left it in first got straight and feathered it up to the 45. Was never a car length back from him. I guess technically some might consider me having dared the guy in the 350Z to show his ass. Well we are just driving along the 2 lane highway and every now and again we get chance to pass the slower moving traffic and work our way up to a clear stretch. Finally after passing the first car in the line he passes and then I stay until I pass the 350Z. The guy doesn't sound like it is really modded but yet I don't think it is stock. Well the guy isn't really riding my ass so I am still unsure whether he is just in a bit of a hurry or really getting on it. Well on up the road he is behind me I pass a car and go on but he gets stuck. So in a few seconds I see him pass the car that was inbetween us and he runs to catch up to me. Now keep in mind everyone drives 10 to 20 over in this area because it is way out and basically noone is around that gives a shit. Now the speed limit is 55 and I am doing 70 or so but that 350 really hustles to get back behind me again. Ok so now I know this guy really wants to get smacked down, so I slow up a bit and figure he gets what he wants. I downshift to third as I see him pull close to the dashed yellow and its on. Well I let him get even with my rear bumper before I roll into it. Well he never makes it even with me before I have matched his speed and then start walking away from his ass. Like I said I guess some might say I instigated it and I shouldn't actually be posting my WS-6 with all of its shit beating what probably amounted to a stock or mostly stock 350Z. To that I say I fuck him he wanted to know how hard I could kick his ass its his own fault. I can be as much of an asshole as I want if he knew he didn't have a chance he shouldn't have tried that car. I really don't go to the trouble to use the stickers and shit but the exhaust is loud as fuck and even with the windows up you can tell it isn't stock.
    Also before anyone asks what I mean by he didn't sound stock there was some whistle that I can't place. First thing you would think is turbo, but there wasn't a BOV. And I pulled into a gas station one because it was getting close to my turn off and two to see if he would talk to me about mods, but he kept on driving. The least he could do is stop and shoot the shit, but at least he wasn't thinking he could take me anymore.
    Last edited by 2001hawk; 05-05-2007 at 07:43 PM.

Monterey Maroon Metalic
    2000 Z28

A kill is a kill, no matter how you slice it. The way I see it, it's your call who you want to run and if you want to run. You aren't bragging, you are stating facts here. I've not ran a 350Z but I've always loved to read the kill stories on them. I've not read one where an F-body has lost to one.

At best maybe he is rethinking his investment? lol

Black
    1986 Porsche 951

Nice, way to give it to him. I have not been impressed by those things in any way shape or form, I love hearing about them getting killed (along with the G35 coupes)

Black & Black

LOL that is the second 350Z I have beaten. The first my dad and I were going somewhere, this was about a year ago BTW, and the 350 pulls up beside us and revs it and so I downshifted and we took off. It was a lot closer because I was stock and the weight of two 180ish guys but it was still a win. I haven't really known any of the drivers to know what they act like, suppose it is like most models some cool some assholes. It is just surprising to me that never met a driver that was cool.

Blue
    99 Z28

Ya, I beat a 350Z pretty badly when all I had was a lid and cat-back.

PEWTER
    2000 CAMARO SS #3821

The new car and driver has a 07' running 13.7 at 104 in the 1/4 matching a 319hp shelby gt. The new z has 306hp.

Black & Black

Good to know that Nissan is steping it up a bit, but mid-13's when the last f-bods ran low 13's or high 12's stock. Don't think many people will be worried. Hell even stock 5.7 GTO's beat that I think. The way I figure it they should bump the price down a bit or the power up i bit.

Monterey Maroon Metalic
    2000 Z28

The May issue of Road & Track and shows a spread on a Nismo 350Z. Really just an appearance and suspension package. The motor is not changed but they did tweek the exhaust to gain another 5 ponies. This will be the last year for the 350Z as we know it.

The article said that Nissan is going to release a fresh design for 2008 and at the end of the article they mention that "Nismo does have a 400-bhp 3.8 liter version of the VQ that's being used in the 350Z RS Competition" car designed specifically for a series in Japan.

I wonder if this 3.8 will see the showroom floors in 2008?

PEWTER
    2000 CAMARO SS #3821

Quote Originally Posted by 2001hawk View Post
    Good to know that Nissan is steping it up a bit, but mid-13's when the last f-bods ran low 13's or high 12's stock. Don't think many people will be worried. Hell even stock 5.7 GTO's beat that I think. The way I figure it they should bump the price down a bit or the power up i bit.
    I just want eveyone to know that we are not unbeatable and to be careful because if it ran head to head with a new shelby gt that it would be very close. As most believe the new mustang is close to us stock vs. stock of course. It is rare for a stock ls1 to be 12's and the gto ls1 was a bit of a dog compared to the f-body so it would be interesting.

black
    1998 z28 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by SSTODD View Post
    I just want eveyone to know that we are not unbeatable and to be careful because if it ran head to head with a new shelby gt that it would be very close. As most believe the new mustang is close to us stock vs. stock of course. It is rare for a stock ls1 to be 12's and the gto ls1 was a bit of a dog compared to the f-body so it would be interesting.
    rare for 12's? I know that the 01 and 02's dipped down in the the 12's. as for the 98 to 00 the 98's are the slowest. BUT I had my stock 98 down to 13.42 and that was with a really crappy launch. with a good launch I could have probably dropped another tenth to two tenths off that. and that's on street tires.

Also I've watched plenty of mustang GT's race and most of them are 13.7 to 14.0 maybe the drivers in fayetteville, nc are crappy drivers but I haven't seen a stock mutange go faster then 13.7. this is what I've personally watched. the same day I hit 13.42. now the shelby gt I have not seen run. but if it's barely any more power then the regular gt i wouldn't expect it to do more then 13.5. and that's with a good driver.

I am not saying we are unbeatable. all I'm saying is the car you used isn't that impressive. on top of the fact when the new camaro comes out it will make these rustanges look slow again. but remember there is always someone out there faster. unless you're driving a jet car and going faster then mach 1.

PEWTER
    2000 CAMARO SS #3821

Quote Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
    rare for 12's? I know that the 01 and 02's dipped down in the the 12's. as for the 98 to 00 the 98's are the slowest. BUT I had my stock 98 down to 13.42 and that was with a really crappy launch. with a good launch I could have probably dropped another tenth to two tenths off that. and that's on street tires.

Also I've watched plenty of mustang GT's race and most of them are 13.7 to 14.0 maybe the drivers in fayetteville, nc are crappy drivers but I haven't seen a stock mutange go faster then 13.7. this is what I've personally watched. the same day I hit 13.42. now the shelby gt I have not seen run. but if it's barely any more power then the regular gt i wouldn't expect it to do more then 13.5. and that's with a good driver.

I am not saying we are unbeatable. all I'm saying is the car you used isn't that impressive. on top of the fact when the new camaro comes out it will make these rustanges look slow again. but remember there is always someone out there faster. unless you're driving a jet car and going faster then mach 1.
    I was only saying in a street race that a 13.7 car (350z) and a f-body (13.4) maybe very close and is a driver race. I have only seen the pro-driver from GM high-tech get a 12.9 and he is a amazing driver and that was 1 test car. The 104 trap speed is nothing to sneeze at either, they are getting quicker.

black
    1998 z28 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by SSTODD View Post
    I was only saying in a street race that a 13.7 car (350z) and a f-body (13.4) maybe very close and is a driver race. I have only seen the pro-driver from GM high-tech get a 12.9 and he is a amazing driver and that was 1 test car. The 104 trap speed is nothing to sneeze at either, they are getting quicker.
    well I've seen cars on the street that in no way should lose get beat mainly because they didn't know they were racing until it was too late, or the driver was pretty crappy. and I never said a 104 trap speed was nothing to sneeze at. hell I'm only doing 104 at 13.42 (well that was with the car stock about 3 months ago). and I never said they weren't getting quicker. they are yes. I like the design of the 350 z. but I would never buy one. and I've seen several realatively stock LS1 01-02 camaros and firebirds doing 12.7 and 12.8. that at bristol, tn and fayetteville. my point was there are more ls1 camaros out there that are or were doing high 12's before they were modded. but this is also where you live in alt. can have a major effect on your car. here in fay we are only like 200 ft above sea lvl. but oh well. they are nice cars but way over priced for what you get.

PEWTER
    2000 CAMARO SS #3821

I will never buy or drive one either, just want people to be careful when frying RICE.

Thread Information