Slower Than a 3rd Gen juiced99ws6's Avatar

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

My TA finally got raped..

Ok well just as the title says I got my ass handed to me last night by another Trans Am. A friend of mine and I were in his mustang on our way to shoot some pool at stix and on the way we passed this car wash where all the ricers normally meet up at and from a distance thats what we though we were about to pass again. Once we got up close we realize that there isnt anything there smaller than an 8. It was all Camaros Mustangs and Trans Ams.. So we dropped this one guy off at the pool hall and we couldnt even make it in the door before we decided that we just had to go back and see what these car guys were up to for the night. Well we start talking to a few of them and they had radios and shit all setup and were running street races and looking for Killeen people to race since they drove down here from Waco. Well I start poking around and end up asking people about this black TA with white racing stripes. A couple guys were telling me that he was the fastest guy there and that he would only run people with some serious horsepower. So with as cocky as I am, I had to ask what they considered serious horsepower and they said well "I dunno man but he does run an 11.5 quarter mile and he is all motor" Well I figured I would just rape him if I hit the nitrous so naturally I go up to him and we start talking and after about 15 minutes I got convinced to go home and get my TA and come back up there but I wasnt going to race at first. I pull up to the car wash a few minutes later and let out a rev and everyone says I need to run Adrian who is the guy with the fast TA. I wasnt going to at first but they talked me into it so I turned on my bottle because I thought if I was goin to race him I might as well stomp him. Didnt look good right from the beginning, looked at my pressure gage and I couldnt get better than 600psi which is real shitty. I let it sit for about 10 minutes to hopefully build some pressure but it never happened so I decided to just shut down the bottle and take my ass beating. So we roll done to the starting point and as soon as the light turns green we both hammered it. This was the fatal mistake.. LOL he got really good traction and just took off, I on the other hand kicked my car completely sideways then had to let off and straighten it out and hit it again and spun them til I hit second gear. He had about 6 car lengths on me by the time I hit second gear. By the time we finished up I was about halway through 3rd gear and I had pulled about 3 car lengths and I was only about 3 car lengths behind him. He did kick my ass and it was the best damn race I have had in the TA because I actually had to try and play catchup for once. I wish I would have had my bottle though because I think even busting traction as bad as I did I could have still run him down but it was a really fun race. I am supposed to have my heads/cam/tune installed within the next 2 weeks though and we got those guys numbers so we are all going to go to the track again and I am supposed to run that TA again since Adrian even admits it wasnt a real race with me going so sideways (damn stall converter!!). I will keep everyone posted on the rematch.

SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

Sweet run, what do you think would have happened motor for motor if you could have hooked up off the line?

Light Pewter Metallic
    2000 Camaro SS M6

At least you didn't lose to a ricer or a mustank. Learn to launch that baby better and give him another run.

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

what are your mods?
    98' SS Convertible Camaro-76k-Build # 1471, Cragar SS rims, RK SFC's, MAC Panhard, LSX Tune, Shaner S3,
    SLP:short thro,Strut tower brace,fan switch
    MTI Power induction kit,40 Series muffler,Pacesetter LT's + ORY,12 CD changer,3800lbs
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/787506/1

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

Quote Originally Posted by z_driver1
    Sweet run, what do you think would have happened motor for motor if you could have hooked up off the line?
    He was a beast off the line so I figure he would have pulled a bit but I think I would have made it up in second and it may have been pretty close, but who knows.

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Damn man! I wish crazy f-body gatherings were by me in New Jersey... That's awesome, all I get is Rice/Stang Fanatics...

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

yup, thats how it was in Florida too

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSomething
    Damn man! I wish crazy f-body gatherings were by me in New Jersey... That's awesome, all I get is Rice/Stang Fanatics...
    Are you kidding me bro? Get you're butt over here, and join up with us!

... see you there!

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

dude...paragraphs, holmes....DAYUM!

I'm surprised he didn't give you a second run? fuck, i would have! just for the hell of it...

that's what i want my ws.666 to do. 100% N/A american HP.
    Last edited by third_shift|studios; 01-16-2006 at 04:46 PM.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

truthfully though, i would rather loose to another f-body or v8. it gives you inspiration to push yourself harder b/c you're not the badest on the block [not saying my stock car is, but you know what i mean]

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

Quote Originally Posted by dipherentdesign
    truthfully though, i would rather loose to another f-body or v8. it gives you inspiration to push yourself harder b/c you're not the badest on the block [not saying my stock car is, but you know what i mean]
    I still had the spray i just needed a heater.. He would have given me a second run but not from a roll and I didnt feel like having the same results... I have a 3200 stall 2.2 STR and 373's on some old ass nittos. I wasnt gunna get traction no matter what. If I had the spray i coulda run him down

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

Quote Originally Posted by ss~zoso~ss
    what are your mods?
    rebuilt 4l60 tranny with kevlar clutch packings, shift kit, torque arm, moser 12 bolt with 373s, 3200 stall, bigger ram air (suncoast creations), smooth bellow, ported throttle body, ls6 intake manifold, Jet Hot LT's, ORY pipe, Loudmouth II exhaust, 160 hypertech thermo, iridium plugs, NGK wires and wett 150 shot

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Quote Originally Posted by Street Lethal
    Are you kidding me bro? Get you're butt over here, and join up with us!

... see you there!
    K man, I'm there, all signed up and you're down as my referrer... Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by juiced99ws6
    black TA with white racing stripes. Adrian
    I know this guy, i was in waco for quite sometime his car is pretty tuff alot of low end power, X-1 cam, jet hot long tubes is what i know for sure, i believe he got some heads on it now.. strong car, he pulled me by a nose from 25 to 80

Future Super Trooper Mr. CarelessAndImprudent's Avatar
    '69 Camaro

Cool race. The best ones are against cool guys like that.

Thread Information