Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black
    05 mustang GT modded

My quest for the mighty LS1 failed

Well, I was on the interstate and saw two cars gaining on me fast. They had to have been going over 100 cuz I was doing 75. Anyway, I saw the SS and my eyes got big. Man, did that SS sound good . I sped up and got behind them because they had stopped racing and was cruising at around 80. We was headed for this stretch of road that was long and 3 lanes. They later had turned off before the stretch of road because we ran into a Cop and he was on the interstate headed that way. Darn it!!! Anywayz, I followed them off the interstate once again. They were lined up at a stop light. The only spot for me was behind the SS because there was a Blazer trying to watch the action or get involved in the race. When it turned green, they took off normal, then punched it all the sudden. I punched mine also. I was gaining on them and had to tap my brakes. This must be what discouraged them both because we had three lanes on this road we were on and they slowed down and lined up going about 50 or so and I came and got in the 3rd lane because it looked like they wanted to run a 3 way. When I got next to them both, The STI slowed down and got behind the SS . I was like what????I saw that they was being a little shy so I gave it some gas and moved on fast enough to let them know the ole slow Mustang GT wasn't backin down. I got to a left turn lane, which was a double turn. The Camaro gunned his motor and was coming along side me so I rolled my window down to ask him to run em. The light had turned green but I remained at a stand still cuz I wanted to chat and challenge. He didn't want to chat. He punched his car and went around the corner so I got it in gear and launched too even though I wasn't invited. I stopped his pull, then went to the top of second and was about to go into third where I know he was going to be humbled but he turned off !!! The STI was behind me. I don't know if I was pulling on him or not because I didn't see where he was when I started. Obviously, he didn't launch hard or he would've left the both me and the Camaro. My quest is still unsatisfied. The only satisfaction I have is the time I pulled on them both while they were racing.
    For the record I have a Custom tune and 4.10's. With that, I should be about dead even with the LS1's according to most.

red
    1999 Trans am

I wouldn't mind giving you a race.
    Red 99 Trans am A4. STS Turbo, K&N, Thomas Racing chip, Tail waste gate, Slp mass airflow sensor,and TB bypass. Soon to be running 12.4

Silver
    2002 Z28

Yea dude, where are you from? If you want to race an LS1 that bad come on down.

Black
    05 mustang GT modded

Well the one's here certanly don't want to. I had one that was game, but we were in heavy traffic.

Today, 03:58 AM #1
    Camarofan
    Go to the race track and see what your stang will do in the 1/4 mile.
    Ls1 are good in the top end. This way you can go from a dig to 100+
    There should be some camaro ss or z28 out at the track.
    Then show us your time slip. Stock ss should run low to mid 13,s
    some faster some slower.

Red
    1987 Trans Am

Maybe he didn't know how to drive, or he was scared that you would beat him. There are alot of people who think just because its newer its faster. Not to take anything away from your mustang, some people just think new is faster.

red
    2000 trans am ws6

Damn, I wish a New GT would come up on me wanting to race. Anybody know what they averge in the 1/4mile. Id guess around a 13.8-14.0

Black
    05 mustang GT modded

Quote Originally Posted by skar View Post
    Today, 03:58 AM #1
    Camarofan
    Go to the race track and see what your stang will do in the 1/4 mile.
    Ls1 are good in the top end. This way you can go from a dig to 100+
    There should be some camaro ss or z28 out at the track.
    Then show us your time slip. Stock ss should run low to mid 13,s
    some faster some slower.
    I did go earlier this year, here's my timeslip at 5800 ft.

I was racing a Datsun with some v8 in it. It was fast!
    The times are supposed to be 1.2 seconds slower than sea level times, so Mines is equivilent to a 13.4. I have to go to the track next week now that I got the 4.10's.
    Last edited by Camarofan; 07-26-2006 at 10:00 AM.

Black
    05 mustang GT modded

Quote Originally Posted by J'stransam View Post
    Damn, I wish a New GT would come up on me wanting to race. Anybody know what they averge in the 1/4mile. Id guess around a 13.8-14.0
    On the LS1 message boards, 350 Z boards, and the Mach 1 boards they run anywhere from 13.9 to mid 15's. In the real world, they run anywhere from mid 14's to 13.3ish(13.3 is the fastest bone stock I've actually seen 14.5 at my track).

Black
    05 mustang GT modded

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix1987 View Post
    Maybe he didn't know how to drive, or he was scared that you would beat him. There are alot of people who think just because its newer its faster. Not to take anything away from your mustang, some people just think new is faster.
    I would rather to be thought of as being slow. It makes it fun for me to see the look on peoples face when they see otherwise. That's why I am so surprised he didn't want to race because I thought we are supposed to be thought of as 14 second cars.

Silver
    2000 TransAM M6

i want to race a new stang

red
    2000 trans am ws6

Saw a new GT at the track tonight, automatic convert, low 15s trapping around 92mph, I was like is that a GT or a V6.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

You're "Undefeated" on mustang forums aren't ya If you wanted to run him bad enough you should've just followed him for a few minutes.

Black
    05 mustang GT modded

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn View Post
    You're "Undefeated" on mustang forums aren't ya If you wanted to run him bad enough you should've just followed him for a few minutes.
    Bet the avatar gave it away. I actually went about a mile out of my way, but oh well.

Silver
    2002 Z28

Isnt there anyone in Colorado that can make this guy happen and beat.. I mean race him?

Black
    1998 Trans Am M6

geez, you guys lose a lot of ET up there in the mountains...

a stock GT to a stock Z28 or TA (305 hp flavor of course) would be a good race if you tree them...I've done 13.501 (only made 2 passes) in my friend's GT, but it felt like it had another tenth or two in it...

I've seen plenty of both cars run high to mid 13s @ sea level
    95 Exploder

01 R1 coming?

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn View Post

Following the guy might be confused with road rage. I had a guy in a stock sounding black SS around here try to gun it around me leaving a light. He was behind me, and when he got beside me I laid into it well into third gear and left him by two car lengths. We went through a VERY BUSY intersection making a 80 plus in a 45, and RACING. That would have been a very nasty SET of tickets. Anyway, this f*cker does a ricer fly by on me, and continues to drive like a maniac. I caught up to him at a light, and he proceeds to turn right onto a deserted street. Hell, I thought he wanted to run again, so I try catch up to him. It was two lane and deserted (would have been perfect), so I went to pull beside him and he darted into an apartment complex. I thought he wanted to talk or something so I turned too, but he continued to floor it into the complex, and skipped several spots for a talk. WEIRD

He saw that Z28 badge and thought he had me beat easily. SURPRISE mothaf*cka!
    Heads 'n Cammed, Moser 12, 3.73's, Weight Reduction, 13" Brembo Kit
    BMR track suspension, full exhaust, the works...
    412whp/394wtq 1/4 mile slip coming soon!
    Gone: '01 Laser Red Cobra 3.73's/Full Bolt-ons

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Good point....some people do get pissed off when they lose and think you wanna fight when you point to pull over That would suck to get out expecting to BS with another f-boder and the dude starts throwin bombs

red
    '90 5.0 LX

Quote Originally Posted by Fedge View Post
    geez, you guys lose a lot of ET up there in the mountains...

a stock GT to a stock Z28 or TA (305 hp flavor of course) would be a good race if you tree them...I've done 13.501 (only made 2 passes) in my friend's GT, but it felt like it had another tenth or two in it...

I've seen plenty of both cars run high to mid 13s @ sea level

Black
    05 mustang GT modded

Quote Originally Posted by jmhvenom View Post
    Isnt there anyone in Colorado that can make this guy happen and beat.. I mean race him?
    Don't be discouraged. My co-worker spanks me all the time with his SS. He has cams, computer, and more to mention. He'll be getting surprised once I get my cams also though.

Thread Information