Black
    1995 Z28

my 95Z VS 2007 Dodge RAM 3500 Turbo

Ok well I was on my way home form work this evening minding my own business and out of no where this dodge ram 3500 pulls up next to me now remember were doing 70mph and while hes right beside he guns it and im in 6th gear running at 1500 rpm so I gun it too and I hear him pushin on the throttle for more gas and the turbo spooling up but im still walking on him so then he backs off and I go back to driving normal then he decided he wants to try again so im like ok so were doing 60mph at this point so I decide hell ill down shift to 5th to get a little more speed so we takeoff and I walk all over his ass. Is it me or is that just weird that I beat that truck 2 times? Its a 2007 Dodge RAM 3500 with 5.9-liter Cummins Turbo Diesel

Mystic Teal
    98' Formula

He might be laying down a few baseline runs before he starts to mod it.
    Ya gotta know where you stand @ first.

Next time drop a few gears before the run and show him he needs ALOT of mods.

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

na its good to keep em thinking they're close, then when they do a banks kit you'll still pulll him

meanZ97
    you should have dropped it down to 4th left his ass and never looked back. thats what i do.

Impulse Blue
    2006 Pontiac G.T.O.

depends on what banks kit. I have a 2005 ram 3500 CTD 4X4, single rear wheel,short bed and it's a 4 door, it'll run low 12s all day, with a 4WD launch. it has a banks TT kit, custom tune from gillette diesel inc. 5 in. monster exhaust and alot more. but it lays down 544.6rwhp and 871.3RWTQ. So I'd be careful with diesels, there's a HUGE aftermarket for them, and they make big power, there's a few guys here where I live with trucks deep into the 10s. just 0.02$
    2006 impulse blue G.T.O
    Iron Block 408
    Cam
    Pacesetter ceramic coated L.T.s
    LMII exhaust
    K&N CAI
    Ported TB
    Custom Tune
    FAST 90
    ZEX 125hp wet shot

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

y did u race him while in 6th and then 5th gear? sounds like his truck was VERY slow........u shoulda been in 3rd in both races....and if so u would have walked on him IMMMEDITLY.....maybe he just wanted to hear your car

Quote Originally Posted by 05gtoautoX View Post
    depends on what banks kit. I have a 2005 ram 3500 CTD 4X4, single rear wheel,short bed and it's a 4 door, it'll run low 12s all day, with a 4WD launch. it has a banks TT kit, custom tune from gillette diesel inc. 5 in. monster exhaust and alot more. but it lays down 544.6rwhp and 871.3RWTQ. So I'd be careful with diesels, there's a HUGE aftermarket for them, and they make big power, there's a few guys here where I live with trucks deep into the 10s. just 0.02$
    He speaks the truth, my best friend has an '06 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab with a tune, exhaust, cold air intake, etc... Pretty much all the goodies. He ran 11.60's on an 85 degree day in August. Diesels done right are the fastest street trucks out there.

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

yes very true, but i meant there is a small percentage of those guys that drop that much shit into their truck, most just get the basic kit or what ever and think they can own everything

Pewter
    1999 Camaro SS-M6 #1775

Quote Originally Posted by ss~zoso~ss View Post
    yes very true, but i meant there is a small percentage of those guys that drop that much shit into their truck, most just get the basic kit or what ever and think they can own everything
    so true killed me an f-350 m5 with some mods. he thought he was pretty hot stuff.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Quote Originally Posted by RandyW View Post
    He speaks the truth, my best friend has an '06 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab with a tune, exhaust, cold air intake, etc... Pretty much all the goodies. He ran 11.60's on an 85 degree day in August. Diesels done right are the fastest street trucks out there.
    Unless that etc includes a aftermarket turbo setup of some kind I have to call BS....a 2500 crew cab with bolt-ons isn't running 11.6 in the 1/4 sorry. I understand that a tune alone will put up 100+ hp on those desiels but even the tune and bolt-ons would only be good for low 14's- high 13's.

Black
    1998 Camaro SS Vert M6

I played with one of these on Monday. I picked my daughter up from school (I try and be very good with the kid in the car), anyway I've got the top down and I pull up to a red light next to this new dodge dewly (noticed the turbo badge). Guy rolls down the window and says car looks good but it sounds great, gave him a smile said thanks (thinking in my mind you gonna get to hear it real good when I pull in front of you in just a minute). As I'm looking back at the road the light turns green and he's on it - I was in neutral now I got to play catch up cause the road goes to one lane a ways up and I'm not getting stuck behind him. So I jump on it when I snapped it into 2nd the back end kicked out on me and my front end was pointing to his truck, I stayed on it with the wheel cranked to the left and passed him (I actually looked up at him while passing him and he was looking down at me with a WTF look on his face), car straightens up and I get in front of him. Feeling rather proud of myself I look over to see my daughter ghost white and almost ripping the door handle off. It's now I realize what a kid I just was and quickly start to feel like a prick. At the next red light guy jumps out of his truck and runs over to my car (I thought he was gonna give me a mouthfull, like I didn't feel bad enough). He get's to my car and says with the biggest smile on his face "That was the best thing I've ever seen" Then takes off, He actually made my daughter smile. She hasn't told on me yet...

green
    98 formula

I have an 05 Dodge dually with the 6-gun, flowmaster exhaust, green air box
    I wouldnt race a ls1 I would race a honda or 6 cyl mustang it really does run good for a 7000 lbtruck would be quicker if I could shift it fast enough

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Speaking of rams, some guy in a hemi quad cab thinks he can run with a ls1 now(not that they all don't) He was next to me at a light a few hours ago and just takes off...I couldn't do shit about it because my tires are bald as hell and the road is a little damp He got about 3 cars on me before I could get the tires to hook past 1/4 throttle....by 65-70 I passed him. I hope he let off because if not those things are slow as hell.

Morale is I hate the rain...the end

Thread Information