2000 Corvette

Might get killed tonight

There is a Camaro SS running around that wants to run me and I have been putting it off long enough. I think that its gonna OWN me but I guess there is just one way to find out. My car is a 380 RWHP C5 six speed, bolt ons + cam, stock gears. His is a 02? SS Camaro with the latest T-Rex cam, LT headers and other misc. parts but my main concern is his 4.10 gears. I think that gives him a huge edge with M/T ET streets but we shall see.

I'll let y'all know if it goes down

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

yea that is true if you're racing from a dig, i think u have him from a roll because u are lighter, you both probaby make the same power

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 Camaro Z-28 SS

Good luck. Let us know what happens.
    2000 SS #1827,NBM,A4,leather,t-tops,lid,eibach springs,hotchkis lca's,slp lid,slp cold air induction,slp loudmouth,baer brakes up front,13.11@107 on street tires,12.90@109 on dr's....time for the cam and intake to be installed

2000 Corvette

Dang, didn't get to go tonite...... What a night though. One of my best friends and his chick got into it. He did the wrong thing and retaliated when she got physical. I am disappointed. It was just a slap and believe me she probably had it coming but still. I think she forced the situation by egging him on and he was drinking but again that is still no excuse. I am trying to defend him becuase he is a friend and the situation is so much deeper than this but again, it doesn't make it right.

Anyway she called the cops and had charges pressed. He took off in a vehicle, dumb move #2. Good thing is he just went into a field across the street because he knew he couldn't drive, bad thing was he got the vehicle stuck in a ditch. We didn't know where he was though for 2 hours though and went looking all over for him. We looked by the bridge where we used to hang out (@ 20 miles away), out to his parents house (40 miles out) and all over town. He had us worried sick. Glad he is OK. By the time we got back to town the other cars at the 'hangout' spot were gone....
    We went back to his house and watched some videos and then we went to eat and I am just getting home at 5 AM.

There's always next weekend......

Black
    03 Evolution 345 awhp

Too bad for your freind. As for the race, I think its gonna come down to the launch.
    03 Evolution. 345whp 337tq. TME turbo.

allllllllll black
    2002 35th z28

T Rex With 410 Gears...i Think Hell Hand You Your Ass!!!definately Jump Him Off The Line And Hope For The Best.

Quote Originally Posted by powermad View Post
    It was just a slap and believe me she probably had it coming but still. I think she forced the situation by egging him on and he was drinking but again that is still no excuse.
    Definitely the wrong thing to do. It doesn't matter how much a woman presses the issue, a man should never raise his hand toward her...

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Quote Originally Posted by Street Lethal View Post
    Definitely the wrong thing to do. It doesn't matter how much a woman presses the issue, a man should never raise his hand toward her...
    Must be an Old Bridge thing, cause I feel the same way man.

Put it this way, a man who hits a lady, how much more would it take for him to hit a kid? Tell the lady to back off. If she doesn't, clear out. If she pursues it and strikes out at a guy .... call the cops if she won't lay off.

Don't give her a reason to call the cops ..... cause that friend will be spending the night in jail and have a nice little black mark on his record for assault. Personally, if I have an assault charge on me, I'd want it for fighting a guy - not a girl.....

That's like posting the kill on the web board on a KIA!!!

mid blue
    99 m6 z28

There are some crazy ladies out there, I am not condoning hitting them; that is cowardly. But I have had to physically restrain a few psychotically drunk girlsfrinds in the past and even that feels wrong to me.

on a lighter note:
    "I'll never hit me a bitch, but I'll shake the shit outta her!"

2000 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by unnatural aspirations View Post
    T Rex With 410 Gears...i Think Hell Hand You Your Ass!!!definately Jump Him Off The Line And Hope For The Best.
    Hmm, I don't think it'll be that bad but..... We will have to find out

I think he'll pull me off the line though, that car can launch. Cool thing is the kid is 16 and did most of the cam install himself, definately a gearhead!!

2000 Corvette

Oh, and the friend and the girl are back together....

Last edited by powermad; 09-26-2006 at 04:26 PM.

2000 Corvette

I did race a Z28 this weekend with some mods. Mostly gears and suspension supposedly (at 80 MPH his RPMs are 2250?!).

He pulled me off the line and was ahead by a car and a half, I had a bad launch.
    I caught up to him by the end of second and pulled a car ahead by the 100 MPH mark, my guess is I would have had 2-3 by the end of the 1/4.

This was the Camaro that the 'Maxima' guy was going to buy. Now the Camaro guy doesn't want to sell it and the Maxima guy doesn't want to buy it (he thinks his maxima will be faster with F/I, I wish I was kidding.......)

Thread Information