let the F-Bodies roll jimmybling31's Avatar

white
    94 camaro z28

me in porsche having fun

So today was nice and I just got tags on my family's 74 911s targa so I was driving it around for fun and what ever. so at like 6 I went to pick up my gf to go eat at olive garden with some of my friends, and I got stuck at the redlight on 153 at gadd road next to a black new mustang gt. he revved at me and I revved back and when the light changed we took off. I must state that I have never raced this car before at all and it is hard to even get moving because of the heavy duty clutch we installed when the stock one went out in it. when i took off i lost a little ground because of my start and as soon as I hit 2nd I started pulling him and by the time I hit 3rd I had 2 car lengths on him. I had to hit the brakes and slow down to get over for olive garden or I would have seen what 4th would have done to him. I have to say for a 70's euro show car that thing is pretty fast. The car only has 28000 miles on it and has the original paint without a clear coat (yes the old porshe's did not have clear coats) and the thing just need some interior work to be in perfect condition. I have only done light mods to the car even. the only things I have done with it were the free flowing air box (definitely made a difference and I kept the stock one for if I show it), free flowing exhaust(bosal and sounds pretty much stock) and a K&N filter in the air box( made a huge difference because it had a cheapo in it and the thing is 8" by 2.5feet it's a huge filter)

all in all I had fun in the porsche today. I can't wait to take it out next week while I do the headers on my car.

pic of car

Last edited by jimmybling31; 03-06-2008 at 07:29 PM. Reason: added picture

Awaiting Activation

69 hugger orange
    98 z28

be careful in that thing im sure your pops would be pissed if you hurt it

nice car btw

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

sweet ride

white
    94 camaro z28

thanks.
    the car is actually more less mine... my dad doesn't like it because he isn't into cars. in the time we kept it at our house he drove it twice, my mom drove it tons of times and I drove it once. I wasn't allowed to drive it for a while because my parents thought I would go crazy in it, but now my daily driver is faster than it. lol. well now im not so certain, but I thought it was. lol. it's a nice car to cruise around in, but that is the hardest clutch on earth to just get moving in. the part of the motion of the clutch that actually has an effect on it is like maybe half an inch long. it's just hard to take off in. once you get moving it's really easy though. as soon as I graduate from highschool though it's mine for the keeping with no ties to the family. it will be my personal show car. I think I might just go ahead and finish restoring the thing to new before then, but I don't need to really.

1998 Firebird Formula WS6

i bet that thing would love a tune it seems like the older cars can really benefit from them, but good kill i would bet it surprised that guy in the stang

Pewter
    2002 T/A WS6

lol, hilarious own on the mustang. I could just hear it now (PRE-race) "I heard the old ones are slow as balls!" (POST-race) "... wtf.. that must be heavily modded or something!" Or maybe he knew it was fast and just wanted to see it go (I'm guilty of doing that). Either way, good kill! Very nice car, take good care of it!

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

what is that thing supposed to have for HP and TQ?

white
    94 camaro z28

Quote Originally Posted by ss~zoso~ss View Post
    what is that thing supposed to have for HP and TQ?
    230hp 180ft#'s. it's through a very nice 5 speed and the whole car with max concievable load only weighs 1800lbs. it's actually more like 1600 when you have 2 people that weigh 120 a piece in there. it's alot faster than you would think when you look at the power. it reacts very well to bolt ons too. I might do an efi conversion on it to bump it up to 280hp. that would make for a very quick porsche.

white
    94 camaro z28

Quote Originally Posted by fluke View Post
    lol, hilarious own on the mustang. I could just hear it now (PRE-race) "I heard the old ones are slow as balls!" (POST-race) "... wtf.. that must be heavily modded or something!" Or maybe he knew it was fast and just wanted to see it go (I'm guilty of doing that). Either way, good kill! Very nice car, take good care of it!
    yeah he never said anything. i wish he would have though. it would have been great. and the old ones will surprise you. they have a restriction plate on from the factory because of the laws in germany during that time. you can take it off and see worlds of gains from just that. I know mine has been removed because you can't see it when you look down the throttle body( don't know if you would call it that on it though, it's a little different from one on our newer cars)

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

Quote Originally Posted by jimmybling31 View Post
    230hp 180ft#'s. it's through a very nice 5 speed and the whole car with max concievable load only weighs 1800lbs. it's actually more like 1600 when you have 2 people that weigh 120 a piece in there. it's alot faster than you would think when you look at the power. it reacts very well to bolt ons too. I might do an efi conversion on it to bump it up to 280hp. that would make for a very quick porsche.
    idk man im kinda skeptical that it only weighs that much

white
    94 camaro z28

Quote Originally Posted by ss~zoso~ss View Post
    idk man im kinda skeptical that it only weighs that much
    if you see it it's only what is needed with some carpet over everything.

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Kind of like Risky Business w/ Tom Cruise!

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

white
    94 camaro z28

Quote Originally Posted by adam3566 View Post
    the manual it has in it says 220, but then again, I can't read german so I don't know whether that was torque of hp. they didn't just put 220hp in the manual or anything they put 220 something in german then below it they put 210 another thing in german. it might just be 210 though. it's very fast for a 74 though. it'll still scare you if you don't know what you are getting into. (not as fast as a ls1 or lt1 though)

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

Quote Originally Posted by jimmybling31 View Post
    the manual it has in it says 220, but then again, I can't read german so I don't know whether that was torque of hp. they didn't just put 220hp in the manual or anything they put 220 something in german then below it they put 210 another thing in german. it might just be 210 though. it's very fast for a 74 though. it'll still scare you if you don't know what you are getting into. (not as fast as a ls1 or lt1 though)
    No affense but if you say it's not as fast as an LT1, how did you beat a new gt by 3 or 4 cars?

white
    94 camaro z28

i dunno the dude didn't know how to drive. I can beat new gt's in my lt1 camaro i have done it at the dragstrip on a couple of accasions

Satin Silver / RED
    02 Acura RSX/93 Transam

Porsches are fun, you can't beat the phenomenal handling. I had a 944 and then a 944 turbo with close to 300hp. Loads of fun in the twisties.

white
    94 camaro z28

Quote Originally Posted by ziominix View Post
    Porsches are fun, you can't beat the phenomenal handling. I had a 944 and then a 944 turbo with close to 300hp. Loads of fun in the twisties.
    I almost bought a 944 turbo instead of my lt1 camaro. they are great

Thread Information