Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MazdaSpeed 3

ASE and I-Car certified Crzy Lgs's Avatar

Black
    2002 Camaro SS

MazdaSpeed 3

So my buddy's friend had his kid stop by the shop I work at for some repairs (he decide to take a turn to fast and wipe out the entire right front suspension). Now I am the only mechanic in the shop so I know that I'm going to be working on it and the kid is standing there telling me how bad ass this car is and how he has been dusting mustangs and whatever else left and right. All I told him is that the car doesn't impress me because the only way to get any significant power out of it is to boost the shit out off it. Appearently that offended him because he starts saying how he wants to race me that just because I have a V8 I think it is unbeatable. I told him next summer we will go up to the track and race and all of a sudden I'm full of shit because I store my car in the winter. So can't wait to race the cocky little asshole and see what other bullshit he'll start saying after I beat him. The only thing he has done to it is a boost controller and a CAI it is going to be such a waste of gas for me.
    Heads, Cam, CAI, MAF, LT, ORY,GMMG Catback and Tune= 405.21rwhp, 390.7rwtq

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

race for money

Red
    2001 Trash Can

I had one come flying past a buddy and me about 2 months ago with a loud blowoff valve...kinda ghey IMO

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

2nd that check the under the hood and take his money call him out in front of his friends, doesn't sound like he will back out.
    Last edited by c5z28; 12-13-2008 at 07:33 PM.

Black
    2002 Camaro SS

Already know what he has and I got to drive his car since I did the suspension work. Its all rev and a lot of turbo lag never really felt power till middle of third gear and I don't know about you guys but I would be gone by then.

Black
    2002 Camaro SS

By next summer I hope his car is still in one piece. He had just turned about 10,000 miles on it and has been in our body shop already about three times. I hate to see what this punk would do with some actual power.

2008 Mazdaspeeed 3 three accidents 10,000 miles= Awesome driver.

Red
    2001 Trash Can

Quote Originally Posted by Crzy Lgs View Post
    By next summer I hope his car is still in one piece. He had just turned about 10,000 miles on it and has been in our body shop already about three times. I hate to see what this punk would do with some actual power.

2008 Mazdaspeeed 3 three accidents 10,000 miles= Awesome driver.
    He's a racer, how dare you!

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

To the OP,
    Your full of shit. We all know ur slow and scared to race him thats why you store it up for the winter.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

shit kicker

Leave a intercooler coupler unclamped before he gets it back, and make him look like a tard when you race him.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

i would tell him to find another mechanic or do the work himself-which he should anyway if he's that proud of the POS.

red
    98 Z28 camaro M6 hardtop

I've raced one at the strip, not even close ! i put about 5/6 car to him. he told everybody before that race, he beat an STI (should run13.5 to 12.8 stock), I ran 13 flat al day long :P, he was thinking that i'v spayed .... LOL

98 Z28 hardtop M6/ cat back, lid, short throw and bfg DR'S only

Yellow
    2003 Lancer Evolution

Ever think about actually having some customer service skills? You should keep your opinions to yourself about his car and let him think what he wants, his money is green IMO.

As for the race you should have told him you drive a fiat or something.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS

Usually the biggest advantage we're able to get prior to racing is to at least have a basic understanding of the other person's mods and/or what the car is capable of. Given that you've been able to drive the other car, you should have a good idea of how your car will stack up to it!

I vote for you doing a great job repairing his car and fixing it up properly -- then race him. Making sure his car is in top running condition really only helps reduce the number of possible excuses you'll hear after the kill.

As for the cars, they're neat little cars but I've had back luck with the drivers. I creeped past a kid in one a little while ago (didn't even realize they were turbo cars at that time) and he floored it past me just to make sure I heard the BOV. That was my cue -- I sped up, got beside him and gave him a rev and he turned off on the next street. Oh well, maybe next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight02 View Post
    Usually the biggest advantage we're able to get prior to racing is to at least have a basic understanding of the other person's mods and/or what the car is capable of. Given that you've been able to drive the other car, you should have a good idea of how your car will stack up to it!

I vote for you doing a great job repairing his car and fixing it up properly -- then race him. Making sure his car is in top running condition really only helps reduce the number of possible excuses you'll hear after the kill.

As for the cars, they're neat little cars but I've had back luck with the drivers. I creeped past a kid in one a little while ago (didn't even realize they were turbo cars at that time) and he floored it past me just to make sure I heard the BOV. That was my cue -- I sped up, got beside him and gave him a rev and he turned off on the next street. Oh well, maybe next time.
    That's how a lot of these ricers flex there muscles, by using the BOV. I think it's cute. I don't run one on my turbo car.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Superluminal View Post
    That's how a lot of these ricers flex there muscles, by using the BOV. I think it's cute. I don't run one on my turbo car.
    Exactly! To some degree it is a good way to grab someone's attention -- at least anyone who knows much of anything about fast cars. On the other hand, hearing that gives you some bit of an idea of what you're about to run into -- I can imagine your 240SX setup without a BOV has left a number of folks in quick 11 - 12 second cars completely dumbfounded! HAHA!

blue
    89 Camaro RS

lol my camaro is an auto but i put a bov on it anyway just for that reason.

from the outside the car looks like a stock z28,And ive always got ppl trying to get me to race,which i wont do on the street anymore.Without the bov u never would know the car was turbo,but alls it takes is letting it go off once when some kid in a honda or other car tries to get me to race and they back right the hell off.

89 RS 3.1L v6 1LE suspension,wonderbar ,3way drag shocks ,(iroc taillights,gauge cluster,steering wheel,rims)
    t67 turbo 27+ psi,100 wetshot,and a 4500 converter

Yellow
    2003 Lancer Evolution

Quote Originally Posted by Superluminal View Post
    Not smart unless you don't lift when you shift IMO. Always will reduce turbo life dramatically no matter what.

Desert Boat Guy SouthernBornThriller's Avatar

Black 2002 T/A M6
    Green 1997 Ram 4x4

Hmmm....I dont think I'd insult the guy working on my car....

live fast, die young.

metallic blue
    1969 camaro

oh man, just call him out for a 100 bucks in front of a large group of people. This guy talks like hes so full of himself that theres no way hed back down.

But tell him in front of everybody that when you smoke him hes not allowed to make any bullshit excuses.

....then kick him in the balls!

Thread Information