Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LS1 vs. LT1

Black
    1998 Z28 Camaro

LS1 vs. LT1

Well guys, posting my first kill/death story, in this case it was death for me.. Anyway, my buddy just got a '94 z28 a4 that's pretty built, and we wanted to see how it did against my ls1. We go out to an old road, and do the first run from a dig. I hooked pretty decent off the line with my tires and he spun pretty bad. We raced until 100 and by then i still had about 2 and a half cars on him, he was slowly reeling but nothing too bad. Second run, we do a 25 roll, he puts about 2 and a half or so cars on me and then it stays like that til we shut off at 100. His car is bored .030 over, has LT4 hotcam, LT4 intake, ported/polished heads to match the intake, 1.6 roller rockers, hooker shorty's into 3" pipe w/gutted cat, and fully reconditioned bottom end. His trans has vette servos, stage 2 shift kit, and a 2500 stall, he still has the 2.73 gears out back. My car had the mods listed in my sig, so basically still stock. I was expecting him to win, i was kinda surprised that he didn't really wax me or anything, but it was fun either way.
    98 Z28 A4 (DD) -
    Go Fast: Lid, filter, free ram air, egr mod, dynomax race bullet, !AIR
    Suspension: Founder's Performance LCA's, PHB, strut brace
    Looks: SS spoiler, 18" C6 Z06's.
    '83 Camaro Z28- 355, current full restoration

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Finally, someone posting a believable story in the Kill Section. Well done Sir! A few bolt-ons and you'll be posting otherwise the next time you run him!

Black
    1998 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    Finally, someone posting a believable story in the Kill Section. Well done Sir! A few bolt-ons and you'll be posting otherwise the next time you run him!
    Yea i never post bull$h!t stories man, i don't see the reason to lie lol. But yea, to my face my buddy was all cool about it saying "It was a good race man, just look at how much it took for my car to be able to beat you" And then people are telling me he's going around behind my back telling people he beat me by 4 cars or more haha. But whatever, i just laugh at the fact that it took that much for him to beat me, and when i have my suspension and just some more bolt ons, i'll be handing his @$$ back to him

Mystic Teal Metallic
    2000 Camaro Z28

Nice death! Just goes to show what it really takes for an LT1 to beat a pretty much stock LS1. Get some LT's and a good tune and you should be able to take him.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Throw a 3400 stall (with accompanying mods like cooler etc) into that A4 and you'll wax him every time.
    67 Camaro: K-K + 797-z (look it up), 454/Th400/4.10 12-bolt = 6mpg, PS/PDB/PW tilt, tach, gauges...

2005 Corvette LS2/M6 Magnetic Red Metallic (What else would it be?) w/ Cashmere interior

2002 Z28: NBM/Tan, MTI smooth lid, smooth bellows, !AIR, !cats, 1-3/4" QTP SS LT's, 2-1/2" TD's with X-pipe, MagnaFlows dumped at axle, custom welded SFC's, MidWest Chassis body mount adjustable T/A, 3400 stall, 3.23 gears (was 2.73). Tuned: 343rwhp/357rwt (before TD's). Best: 12.559 @ 108+, 1.73 60' @ 3500' DA w/MT ET Street DR's.

Carbon footprint? CLOWN SHOE!

Black
    1998 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroRSSS View Post
    Throw a 3400 stall (with accompanying mods like cooler etc) into that A4 and you'll wax him every time.
    Yea i'd like to stall it, but its my DD and sees a LOT of casual street driving, so i just gotta keep her street friendly.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by CamaroGuy83 View Post
    Yea i'd like to stall it, but its my DD and sees a LOT of casual street driving, so i just gotta keep her street friendly.
    Don't let a stall scare you away from being able to have great street manners. Plenty of people on here have them and are DD's.

Black
    1998 Z28 Camaro

Really? How big a stall could i go that would still be street friendly? Will it affect fuel mileage?

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

From what I've seen (I'm a M6 so I haven't done research), but anywhere from a 3200-3600.

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

Really? How big a stall could i go that would still be street friendly? Will it affect fuel mileage?
    3000 to 3800 is fine for stock or close to stock. I ran a 3500 converter in mine for 3 years and it was DD. It can affect mpg but once you get use to driving with one the mpg will be fine. Once you get a converter you may also find it hard to stay out of the gas.

Mystic Teal Metallic
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Z28Thunder View Post
    3000 to 3800 is fine for stock or close to stock. I ran a 3500 converter in mine for 3 years and it was DD. It can affect mpg but once you get use to driving with one the mpg will be fine. Once you get a converter you may also find it hard to stay out of the gas.
    Very true lol. Stalled autos are a blast to drive. There is no lag whatsoever. The torque comes instantly at just about any speed. You would love it.

Black
    1998 Z28 Camaro

Well then it sounds like i will stall her eventually. But the list that i have before a stall is subframe connectors, headers and full exhaust, then the stall. So it'll be a while.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Well then it sounds like i will stall her eventually. But the list that i have before a stall is subframe connectors, headers and full exhaust, then the stall. So it'll be a while.
    Those are excellent mods to get before a stall. It sounds like you're moving in the right direction.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    Those are excellent mods to get before a stall. It sounds like you're moving in the right direction.
    Unless you tranny blows before then

Black
    1998 Z28 Camaro

Yea i just ordered LCA's, PHB, and strut brace and it'll be here wednesday, and then i want subframe connectors before i touch the track with her and then after that headers. And yea, the tranny is still great as of now, when i run it, it will have over 140,000 on it by then, so i'll hope and pray she stays together!

Black
    1999 WS6

Nice post and it seems like it was a great run for you...HP means nothing if you can't use it (I.E. TRACTION) Sounds to me like despite his mods, you could take him in the 1/4 since he needs a rolling start to beat you.
    1999 WS6 - Black - 414rwhp 401rwtq w/o NOS
    632rwhp 577rwtq with HSW 250shot NOS

Black
    1998 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by kevnstac View Post
    Nice post and it seems like it was a great run for you...HP means nothing if you can't use it (I.E. TRACTION) Sounds to me like despite his mods, you could take him in the 1/4 since he needs a rolling start to beat you.
    EXACTLY sir. That's the exact words i told him, but he's being a damn idiot. These words literally came out of his mouth, i quote: "I just want more power, I don't really give a shit if i'm not hooking up." And yes when i run him this spring at the track, i plan on most likely winning.

Blog Entries

Black
    2002 SS Camaro

keep us updated on the next race lol

Black
    1998 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by 10spokess View Post
    keep us updated on the next race lol
    Lol well the race at our local drag strip won't be til spring, but i'll probably end up running him in the next few months after i have my suspension and hopefully headers

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

EXACTLY sir. That's the exact words i told him, but he's being a damn idiot. These words literally came out of his mouth, i quote: "I just want more power, I don't really give a shit if i'm not hooking up." And yes when i run him this spring at the track, i plan on most likely winning.

Invite a few buddies to the track in the spring. I saw your last post, don't with it running him until then. Hell, I'd even make a few comments until then, such as "Let's take it to the track, no excuses there" or "Hey, the bullshit stops when the green light drops". Let him spin all over God's creation. SFCs, TA, Stall/Gears, and stickies... it'll take just the same for him to be able to beat you. And if he doesn't care about hooking, I highly doubt he'll want to spend the thousand dollars (including labor on some of those parts) to keep him from spinning. Funny

2000 Z - Light Pewter Metallic - A4 - 130k - Bolt Ons - My Pride and Joy
    2002 C5 - Electron Blue - M6 - 32k - My Dream Car

Thread Information