Thread: LS1 vs 01 Cobra

blue
    1969 camaro

LS1 vs 01 Cobra

Greetings! Got my first Vette and first LS1. It's a CE 04 vert. WOW!! what a car. I am 49 yo and wear Chevy bowties. My nephew owns an 01 Cobra with Borla exhaust. He bleeds Ford red. He had been teasing me about running and I was always afraid to in case I lost I would never hear the end of. Finally one day he was needing help bleeding the brakes on his car after putting rotors and new tires and wheels on it. I helped him and then he said well Uncle Steve let's line em up. So here we go. We lined up and he honked and we left. I neglected to kill the traction control and blew the tires away with the clutch. He left good and go out on me about 4. But when it hooked I new I could take him. We went back and did it again. He lives in the county and the ditches are deep. We launched and both went to the left and I thought we were gonna hit or worse go to the ditch. God, how could I explain to the wife!! Once again, he got about a car due to tire slippage. But when she hooked I ran him down and then some. His dad was riding with him and he told me later that he was screaming to his son and jumping up and down in the seat. "HERE HE COMES, HERE HE COMES!!!. Needless to say I was estatic and the young one is now spending money on mods. His mom has made me promise to let him beat me or it will break the kid. No job and going to college. Sorry for the long story and you had to be there but if ever in this situation you know what I'm talking about. Oh by the way, I now have a Black Wing, eradispeed rotors Z-06 exhaust, Z06 CE wheels and F1 GY's.

SRT4SC
    Good kill and congrats on the car. 01 Cobras won't be a problem but I would watch out for the 03-04 supercharged ones.

In yo' hood up to no good

1 of 122 Blk A4 WS6 Verts
    1999 T/A WS6 Vert A4

Sweet. Watch out for those 03/04 blown Cobras, they can be very tough with a good driver and really nasty with simple bolt ons.

Anyway enjoy the new rocket and keep the shinny sides up!

blue
    1969 camaro

I do not want to mod this Vette,buuuuuuuuut they are auctioning Okla Hiway Patrol Camaros the 26th of this month. Hummmmmm????

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

nice kill. Get the camaro as your mod-monster and keep the vette stock

Thread Information