Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LS1 kill...

Lifes A Garden, Dig It!!! 02convertibleT/A's Avatar

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am Convertible

LS1 kill...

This may not be liked by most of you, LOL.

i was driving my buddies 03 or 04 Mach 1, which puts out aruond 550-575 at the wheels, S/C'd 4.6 + lots more.

im driving the car back to my buddies house. we both live way out in the country. were cruisin about 90 just havin a good time and somethin came up on my ass like a batt out of hell. thought it was 2 sport bikes (or a cop) so i dropped my speed

i raced this car on my r6 and i just BARELY pulled away from him, basically took a 1/4 mile for me to get 3-4 inches ahead, lol.

well turned out to be a VERY nice sounding T/A. some guys, college lookin, young. come up ruvvin it up like MAD crazy at about 60-70 at that time.

so they decide to come up next to me and i slow down to about 55 (b/c its not my car) they slow down, i slow down to 30/35 and just chill in 3rd gear. my buddy goes, "dude, smoke em." so i dropped to second, gave it one nice loud rev and let em hear the BOV and just slammed thru the next couple gears as did they. i was about 5-6 lengths ahead of them from those 2 gears.

sorry guys, just had to tell it. that LS1 def sounded nice, but i think its like my gf's 01 Stang GT. Sounds fast, but thats it, only an exhaust.

bad thing about his Mach, he has not upgraded the suspension or brakes. So with that much power, its not fun to stop, unless you got the distance. but DAMN it has power and sounds amazing.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by 02convertibleT/A View Post

sorry guys, just had to tell it. that LS1 def sounded nice, but i think its like my gf's 01 Stang GT. Sounds fast, but thats it, only an exhaust.

^ no it is nothing like a 01 gt ...a ls1 with exhaust sounds good and is fast..compared to a gt with stock exhaust that sounds good..but isnt fast.

04 Cobra 'vert - M6 mysti
    02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

Totally agree with Shady. Mustang GTs sound great but of course it's all bark with little bite. LS1 with exhaust sounds great and has the bite to go with it!

You were driving a supercharged Mach 1. No shame in a stock or lightly modded TA losing to that. Good solid Mustang.

But still I must boo you on principle. Boo!

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I swear if this turns into another ford loving thread I'm banning people........this is not a ford site. Nothing wrong with loving fords......just do it somewhere else.

Lifes A Garden, Dig It!!! 02convertibleT/A's Avatar

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am Convertible

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    ^ no it is nothing like a 01 gt ...a ls1 with exhaust sounds good and is fast..compared to a gt with stock exhaust that sounds good..but isnt fast.
    either you took it wrong or i said it wrong. i know the GT is slow. and no, stock LS1's arent incredibly fast, yes, they are faster than the GT, but thats still not sayin much. i was saying to the fact, that it sounds faster than it is, kind of like our mustang does. Id rather drive the T/A anyday (compared to our stock GT). lol.

this guys T/A was bone stock with the exception of an exhaust.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmalgar View Post
    Totally agree with Shady. Mustang GTs sound great but of course it's all bark with little bite. LS1 with exhaust sounds great and has the bite to go with it!

You were driving a supercharged Mach 1. No shame in a stock or lightly modded TA losing to that. Good solid Mustang.

But still I must boo you on principle. Boo!
    they got some bite to go with the bark.

no shame at all, if i wouldve been in the girls GT and got smoked by, even a stock LS1, i wouldnt bitch. i know they are a good amount faster, stock.

i just thought the story was funny, no matter what i was driving, win or lose.
    Last edited by 02convertibleT/A; 07-15-2010 at 08:35 AM.

04 Cobra 'vert - M6 mysti
    02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    I swear if this turns into another ford loving thread I'm banning people........this is not a ford site. Nothing wrong with loving fords......just do it somewhere else.
    I didn't say I loved the Ford in his story, just that it is respectable... And I did boo him for it!

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Not sure how a 575rwhp car against probably a 350ishrwhp is not going to be a rape session

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

But back on topic, the LS1 had really no chance in this race. It was equal to bringing a knife to a gun fight in this case.
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

Stockitie Stock Stock 95camaroZNC's Avatar

Red
    1999 Trans Am

either you took it wrong or i said it wrong. i know the GT is slow. and no, stock LS1's arent incredibly fast, yes, they are faster than the GT, but thats still not sayin much. i was saying to the fact, that it sounds faster than it is, kind of like our mustang does. Id rather drive the T/A anyday (compared to our stock GT). lol.

this guys T/A was bone stock with the exception of an exhaust.

they got some bite to go with the bark.

no shame at all, if i wouldve been in the girls GT and got smoked by, even a stock LS1, i wouldnt bitch. i know they are a good amount faster, stock.

i just thought the story was funny, no matter what i was driving, win or lose.
    Your comparing a stock LS1 trans am to a 550 hp mustang and how you murdered it. Thats like racing a stock honda civic in a ls1 car. Duh you murdered it you had 250 more hp. Im sure if he had a ls2 and some gas youd been looking at tail lights in your friends car.

15 sec. Oh yeah, its fast UTVols98's Avatar

maroon
    2000 Z28

IIR, the Mach 1 was a 4V. Those cars will run. Mid to high 13 sec 1/4. Put a S/C on there and they'll scream. If he's putting that much to the wheels he's gotta be running some major boost on that thing.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

pewter
    2001 SS Camaro

575hp s/c mach1 runin a stock trans am thats not a kill dont care 4 stangs but i think they sound the best

ASC #753
    2002 Collector's Edition

This may not be liked by most of you, LOL.

i was driving my buddies 03 or 04 Mach 1, which puts out aruond 550-575 at the wheels, S/C'd 4.6 + lots more.

im driving the car back to my buddies house. we both live way out in the country. were cruisin about 90 just havin a good time and somethin came up on my ass like a batt out of hell. thought it was 2 sport bikes (or a cop) so i dropped my speed

i raced this car on my r6 and i just BARELY pulled away from him, basically took a 1/4 mile for me to get 3-4 inches ahead, lol.

well turned out to be a VERY nice sounding T/A. some guys, college lookin, young. come up ruvvin it up like MAD crazy at about 60-70 at that time.

so they decide to come up next to me and i slow down to about 55 (b/c its not my car) they slow down, i slow down to 30/35 and just chill in 3rd gear. my buddy goes, "dude, smoke em." so i dropped to second, gave it one nice loud rev and let em hear the BOV and just slammed thru the next couple gears as did they. i was about 5-6 lengths ahead of them from those 2 gears.

bad thing about his Mach, he has not upgraded the suspension or brakes. So with that much power, its not fun to stop, unless you got the distance. but DAMN it has power and sounds amazing.
    lol, thats not really impressive. 250 more RWHP and only put 5 or 6 car lengths on him shifting twice. I would love to show you what my 550 RWHP LS all motor would do to that 550-575 RWHP FI mustang.

98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by TACE02 View Post
    lol, thats not really impressive. 250 more RWHP and only put 5 or 6 car lengths on him shifting twice. I would love to show you what my 550 RWHP LS all motor would do to that 550-575 RWHP FI mustang.
    be a close race.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

be a close race.

White
    '10 ZR1

I'd bet TACE's car would get out of the hole better than a Termi.

98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by FasstChevys View Post
    I'd bet TACE's car would get out of the hole better than a Termi.
    well a live axle will compared to a irs set up im sure

ASC #753
    2002 Collector's Edition

be a close race.

I was being sarcastic...lol. wouldn't be close if all he put was 5 or 6 on a stock F-Body in 2 gears....muhahaha. I put at least 6 cars in 2 gears on a 04 ZO6 that had a huge cam and headers. And I was shifting early, about 800 RPMs early...lol.

Bat mobile black
    2000 Trans am WS6 M6

FI vs NA

Thread Information