Black & Black
    2001 Firehawk & 2002 WS-6

Long Night of Racing Mayhem

Last night I wanted to take my WS-6 out for a GOOD race. I know these were easy kills but the number of them really makes me smile.
    Kill 1. I was driving down the highway and I came up on an Acura RSX-S. After he had revved it a few times I gave him a rev back. So we ran at maybe 50 to 80 mph rolls twice with me handing him his ass by a lot. I don't know what mods he had because after the second pull he turned into a restaurant parking lot, but it was typical ricer big wing and fart can.
    Kill 2. I decided to go back into town and look for some more fun. When I got in I found a yellow 96-98 Mustang Cobra. I raced him a couple lower rolls (40 - 70 or so). His exhaust made me think he had more under the hood, but then not so much when he actually got on it. Again he turned off instead of of sticking around to chat.
    Kill 3 & 4. A little while later I found a two guys leaving the Sonic drive-in. One guy had a Nissan 240 SX with a turbo and the other guy had a 99-04 Mustang GT. After some shuffling around the 240 SX went out in front and I got up on his right. I let him jump on it before I got on mine. It didn't take long for me to start putting distance on these guys.
    Kill 5. As I headed back out of town I saw a Lotus Exige up ahead. I was really looking forward to racing this guy, but he flat wasn't biting. I haven't seen one of them in a race, but I think they would be pretty quick because of their lack of weight. After me throwing him a few revs I decided to go on my own way. Well as I got a few car lengths ahead a red 94 or 95 Mustang GT comes up on my right and throws me a few revs. Since we were well outside of the city, and it was nearing midnight, we could really get on them. We ran a couple of rolls from 60 or 70 on up to around 100. These runs were not even close. I signaled into a grocery store parking lot to see if he wanted to look at the car that just waxed his ass, but he turned around and left right back out.

Mods for the WS-6: SLP air box lid and bellows, FAST 90mm intake and PTM throttle body, Patriot stage 2 heads, Lunati voodoo cam, Hooker headers, !cats, GMMG chambered exhaust, SPEC stage 3 clutch, Viper kit in tranny, Moser 12-bolt rear w/Eaton posi and 4.11 gears, Baer Eradispeed rotors (2-piece front, 1 piece rear), full Spohn alphabet soup, sway bar, adj. torque arm and panhard bar

This being my first post helpfull criticism is appreciated.

Pics are at: http://www.fquick.com/2001Hawk

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

good runs, any ets w/ the Ws-6

Black & Black

I just got the car in November and haven't taken it to the track yet. It still has street tires on the rear. I have been thinking about a set of M/T et streets. Anybody know how wide I can go and whether I would have to mod the fender wells?

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

nice!! what r the mods on your hawk??

Black & Black

heads are from AFR
    lifters from Lunati
    roller rockers, pushrods, and cam from Comp
    MSD coil packs and wires
    NGK iridium plugs
    cometic head gaskets
    SLP long tubes and sfc's
    I know I am forgetting some stuff. It is dynotuned at 388 rwhp and tq.
    It is a M6 also. I am going to try and get it scanned and maybe posted sometime.
    Last edited by 2001hawk; 02-18-2007 at 11:04 PM.

Every day is a gift-enjoy preston1980's Avatar

Torch Red
    1999 Corvette Hardtop

Nice kills, sounds like you have a mean Trans Am. It makes me miss my old 99 TA. You gotta get that thing to the track, Im curious to know your times, I am taking my car to the track as soon as it warms up around here (Missouri)

Good post, well written. Keep em coming.

Thread Information