Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Black
    1998 Z28 Camaro

Killed two 2006 evo 9's in one night!

My car is a 98 Z28 ls1 6 speed, 3.42 geared rearend stock,
    with a lid, free mods, pro 5.0 shifter, smooth bellows,
    weld in flowmaster muffler with stock exaust and cats. In other words mostly stock with few bolt ons, but seems to be a factory ringer as I consistantly outrun other fbodies and C5 vettes and have gone 1 and 1 with three different C5 generation Z06 vettes, sounds crazy but is true, my car surprises me sometimes.

First race was with a white evo 9 06 model. Raced from a second gear roll until the top of third and had to shut down we were dead even. Raced from a first gear roll until mid of third and were dead even again! Finally we came to a light together and ran a dig. He pulled on me from a dig by about a car and a half but by top of third i was walking him down and by 4th I pulled on him by a car and he shut it down. Awesome close races.

Second evo was a silver evo 9 also 06 model. We raced from a second gear roll and he pulled on me a little and by third i made up a half car and we were even and had to shut it down. We went second gear roll on 3 honks and he started to pull on me by a car but I shifted third and made up some ground and hit fourth and was catching him and by mid fourth I put about a half car on him! These were very close high speed races. This evo seemed a little quicker than the other as i couldn't pass him until mid fourth gear.
    Me and this guy pulled over and talked he was cool and was impressed with my car and I was pretty impressed with his also. He was describing how the new evo's like his have a bigger 20G turbo instead of the 16G in the evo 8. I was pretty impressed as thats the first evo's I got to run in my ls1. They are fast cars.

mid blue
    99 m6 z28

nice kill.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

moral of a story: imports need a blower to hang

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

or a turbo

Quote Originally Posted by BlwnCamaro View Post
    My car is a 98 Z28 ls1 6 speed, 3.42 geared rearend stock,
    with a lid, free mods, pro 5.0 shifter, smooth bellows,
    weld in flowmaster muffler with stock exaust and cats. In other words mostly stock with few bolt ons, but seems to be a factory ringer as I consistantly outrun other fbodies and C5 vettes and have gone 1 and 1 with three different C5 generation Z06 vettes, sounds crazy but is true, my car surprises me sometimes.

First race was with a white evo 9 06 model. Raced from a second gear roll until the top of third and had to shut down we were dead even. Raced from a first gear roll until mid of third and were dead even again! Finally we came to a light together and ran a dig. He pulled on me from a dig by about a car and a half but by top of third i was walking him down and by 4th I pulled on him by a car and he shut it down. Awesome close races.

Second evo was a silver evo 9 also 06 model. We raced from a second gear roll and he pulled on me a little and by third i made up a half car and we were even and had to shut it down. We went second gear roll on 3 honks and he started to pull on me by a car but I shifted third and made up some ground and hit fourth and was catching him and by mid fourth I put about a half car on him! These were very close high speed races. This evo seemed a little quicker than the other as i couldn't pass him until mid fourth gear.
    Me and this guy pulled over and talked he was cool and was impressed with my car and I was pretty impressed with his also. He was describing how the new evo's like his have a bigger 20G turbo instead of the 16G in the evo 8. I was pretty impressed as thats the first evo's I got to run in my ls1. They are fast cars.
    I am confused. Did you make up these lengths or did you make up ground AND had these lengths in front of him?

The 06's turbo is bigger than the 16G, but its not quite a 20G.
    99 T/A M6
    LS6 intake, Hooker Coated Long Tubes, Y-pipe w/1 carsound cat, Hooker Catback, MTi Clear Lid, FRA w/ Holley Power Shot, ASP crank pulley, 1.8 RRs, 3.73s w/TA girdle & Eaton Differential, Granatelli SFCs, Pro 5.0 Shifter, LS6 Clutch, Diablo, TByrnes Maf Ends (in winter), All the Free Mods

ILL SKEET IN YUR EYE

black on black on black
    02 z28

OK DUDE I GIVE YOU MAD PROPS FOR WINNING AND KEEPING YOUR HEAD ON....but dude mod that pig and then NEVER repeat that last sentence

2008 Caliber SRT 4
    1998 Z28/ 1993 Talon awd

Hey it's true they are fast cars. There are other cars out there that are fast too.

Look at this way. If they were all slow then you would have nothing to race or not even try. When I race I want to race a car that will give me a good go not one that I know I will beat every time.

No fun if there is not a chance you could lose. What is the sense of racing a big winged honda civic with stickers all over it with a muffler and intake that you can pull bus lengths on?? I would rather race a evo because it would be a better race.

mid blue
    99 m6 z28

they are high 11 sec cars with just boltons. seriously dude just bc its not an ls1 doesnt mean it doesn't have potential.

allllllllll black
    2002 35th z28

If Its So Danm Easy To Get To 11's Go Buy One Bitch

red
    98 Z28

it be nice to have a factory freak. i know a kid with a evo 8 with turbo back exhaust that runs his mouth about how he'd hand me my ass. but the unforunate thing is were i live its getting cold and my car is about to go in storage so i cant run him till the spring. i asked him to run from 1st gear roll and hes was like no my turbo wont be spooled. he pissed me off so i went off on him saying awd is training wheels 4 people that cant lauch and hes car isnt crap without that turbo ect... i hate import owners that talk the talk but wont walk the walk...and he lost to a turbo interga that i killed by 3 lengths

ILL SKEET IN YUR EYE

black on black on black
    02 z28

Dude ,they Dont Ever Learn By Guys With Facts---the Only Way They Will Learn Is If They Make A Fast And Furiouse Movie Where An Ls1 Smokes Them All Day-----then They Might Notice They Really Are Slow

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    moral of a story: imports need a blower to hang
    You mean turbo... But yeah, youre right, 122cubic inch 4 cylinders do need forced induction to keep up with 346ci motors. Kinda makes sense ya know

Quote Originally Posted by breakparts View Post
    Dude ,they Dont Ever Learn By Guys With Facts---the Only Way They Will Learn Is If They Make A Fast And Furiouse Movie Where An Ls1 Smokes Them All Day-----then They Might Notice They Really Are Slow
    Dude grow up, seriously. Those movies are completely retarded and only a bottom percentage of ricer clowns actually watch them, enjoy them, and think they have any hint of reality included in them.

While there are some real clowns who have cars like EVOs, the majority are cool and down to earth people just like some who own LS1s, and other cars. More than 1/2 of my car friends drive domestics, and we all get along fine and no one disrespects anybody elses cars... unless they have an all motor Honda

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Nice kills man.

Don't ricers know not to mess with LS1's on the highway though??

AWD 4 bangers can come off the line strong, but they lost steam quickly. Theres no replacement for displacement.

Run the same Evo from 100MPH, you'll see what I mean. You'll walk him like he's going backwards

SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Nice kills man.

Don't ricers know not to mess with LS1's on the highway though??

AWD 4 bangers can come off the line strong, but they lost steam quickly. Theres no replacement for displacement.

Run the same Evo from 100MPH, you'll see what I mean. You'll walk him like he's going backwards
    Not all 4 bangers are created equal, look at my Sig, my car fuckin runs and there is an Evo8 here that from a roll is side by side with me as high as we wanna take it, at 100 he is still there, exhaust, boost controller, and intake. Off the line I suck it like a two dollar whore, they are BAD ASS cars. I've never been more impressed with a little car like that than the night me and him raced. They deserve respect. He runs a 12.1 and he's still on the stock turbo. I'm normally on the LS1 side in these conversations, but the Evo deserved crazy respect. Anybody that says any different hasn't ran one

Black
    1998 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by AKIRA View Post
    I am confused. Did you make up these lengths or did you make up ground AND had these lengths in front of him?

The 06's turbo is bigger than the 16G, but its not quite a 20G.
    Yea In the races that I got a little behind I made up the lost ground and pulled a length ahead of them, but it took awhile to gain that, they were very good close races. I was super happy that my car came on in the top end and won the races.

Black
    1998 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by breakparts View Post
    OK DUDE I GIVE YOU MAD PROPS FOR WINNING AND KEEPING YOUR HEAD ON....but dude mod that pig and then NEVER repeat that last sentence
    Thanks man, but they are fast cars I knew they were but just never ran one until now. I'm a big chevy fan though and don't worry I've got a bad ass heads and cam iron block 6.0 litre i'm building on the side right now and a ford 9 inch with 4.56's so I should have most imports covered with that. The fastest evo around here has big turbo, nitrous, drivetrain, and full exaust and tune and runs 11.80. And i'm gonna take him down next. He was supposed to race me against my 11 second stroked and supercharged 3rd gen Camaro but he pussed out and didn't show last time!

Quote Originally Posted by BlwnCamaro View Post
    The fastest evo around here has big turbo, nitrous, drivetrain, and full exaust and tune and runs 11.80.
    Thats like a H/C N20 LS1 running 12s. There are stock turbo, drivetrain, no nitrous pump gas EVOs that run 11.80s... are you sure he has all that stuff to run a whopping 11.80?

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post

Run him from 100mph? Did I catch that right?

Impulse Blue Matallic
    2005 GTO

Some people need to learn about turbo cars, especially those that are set-up for turbo's from the factory. You have no idea how easy and inexpensively you can get massive power gains. Cylinder count not withstanding, give respect where it is due.

mid blue
    99 m6 z28

Quote Originally Posted by unnatural aspirations View Post
    If Its So Danm Easy To Get To 11's Go Buy One Bitch
    You need to go get some counceling, there is no reason why you need to get so worked up over someone else having a fast car.
    Last edited by stevegrizzle; 10-19-2006 at 08:20 AM.

Thread Information