Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Silver
    1999 Trans Am

killed ss silverado and tundra (with my duramax)

Racked up some kills recently (with my diesel) on some friends and family.
    I know it's not an ls1 but that would have been painful for them.

Race 1: 1997 LT1 TransAm stock with an A4. We ran a couple of times. The first time we both had passengers and I beat the pontiac by an easy 2-3 lengths. We ran again this time I asked his passenger to ride with us. This put me 170lbs, my brother 200ish, and my cousin 270ish all up in my big crew cab We then pulled off another win (just barely though as he was coming around us pretty fast at the end of the quarter mile).

Race 2: 2008 Tundra extended cab 2wd with exhaust work. Neither of us had passengers on this run. I pulled him a couple of lengths off the line and held him off in the quarter mile by maybe a length and a half. The second race was closer. We ran a little past the quarter mile. He traps 93 in the quarter and by the time he hit 95 he was even with me. I trap about 92 in the quarter but that was with stock tires so who knows. I'm now running 285 mud grips.

Race 3: 2005 Silverado SS with exhaust work. Even with his awd and a 2600 rpm launch I took him easily out of the hole (using 4hi of course) I guess I got him by about 2 lengths. We ran again and this time he left early on purpose just trying to make it interesting. Even though he left early I instantly caught back up and pulled ahead of him taking him by about 1 truck length.

All of my runs were on the 285 mud grips with 4hi launches with moderate boost. I ran 14.3s on stock tires but have not been to the track on the 285s. I have made a 14.3 pass in the tundra as well but the owner can only pull 14.4 - 14.5 (he's about 100 lbs heavier than me).

On a side note: The tundra took the SS but it was really good races. The SS driver tried to hand shift the truck but hit the rev limiter. The SS easily took the tundra off the line but lost the advantage when it hit the limiter. The tundra also took the bone stock LT1 TransAm. I drove the LT1 early that day and it was running great with no problems (ie optispark was fine) Times have changed.....
    1999 T/A A4 SLP longtubes, ory, 85mm TB, LS6 Intake, HP Tuners, 100 shot nx kit with msd window switch, !cats, !egr, !air 12.9s @ 107ish n/a 12.0 @ 118+ (100 shot)

2004 gmc 2500 crew cab 4x4 duramax
    HP Tuners, banks bullet, k&n filter, no muffler
    13.9 @ 97.6 mph with a 1.91 60' time

Silver
    2000 Camaro Z28

Good races. Duramax FTW. My Dad's friend has a pretty sick Duramax

silver
    2002 ws6

nice runs. those diesels can move for a heavy truck. i'd like to run you with my truck...
    Last edited by big hammer; 11-12-2008 at 07:52 PM.

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

Quote Originally Posted by jmadden View Post
    Racked up some kills recently (with my diesel) on some friends and family.
    I know it's not an ls1 but that would have been painful for them.

Race 1: 1997 LT1 TransAm stock with an A4. We ran a couple of times. The first time we both had passengers and I beat the pontiac by an easy 2-3 lengths. We ran again this time I asked his passenger to ride with us. This put me 170lbs, my brother 200ish, and my cousin 270ish all up in my big crew cab We then pulled off another win (just barely though as he was coming around us pretty fast at the end of the quarter mile).

Race 2: 2008 Tundra extended cab 2wd with exhaust work. Neither of us had passengers on this run. I pulled him a couple of lengths off the line and held him off in the quarter mile by maybe a length and a half. The second race was closer. We ran a little past the quarter mile. He traps 93 in the quarter and by the time he hit 95 he was even with me. I trap about 92 in the quarter but that was with stock tires so who knows. I'm now running 285 mud grips.

Race 3: 2005 Silverado SS with exhaust work. Even with his awd and a 2600 rpm launch I took him easily out of the hole (using 4hi of course) I guess I got him by about 2 lengths. We ran again and this time he left early on purpose just trying to make it interesting. Even though he left early I instantly caught back up and pulled ahead of him taking him by about 1 truck length.

All of my runs were on the 285 mud grips with 4hi launches with moderate boost. I ran 14.3s on stock tires but have not been to the track on the 285s. I have made a 14.3 pass in the tundra as well but the owner can only pull 14.4 - 14.5 (he's about 100 lbs heavier than me).

On a side note: The tundra took the SS but it was really good races. The SS driver tried to hand shift the truck but hit the rev limiter. The SS easily took the tundra off the line but lost the advantage when it hit the limiter. The tundra also took the bone stock LT1 TransAm. I drove the LT1 early that day and it was running great with no problems (ie optispark was fine) Times have changed.....

On a side note, isn't GM loosing the allison transmision? Just curious, thought they were, if they do those trucks will be junk then. Those trannys are pretty much built proof.

Silver
    1999 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by adam3566 View Post
    On a side note, isn't GM loosing the allison transmision? Just curious, thought they were, if they do those trucks will be junk then. Those trannys are pretty much built proof.
    Don't know if/when they are going to lose allison but seems like I heard that too. The tranny is pretty bullet proof on stock tuning but........... you can limp it really easy on a hot tune. I'm planning on building mine with a suncoast IV kit sooner or later. Then I'll tune it for some real power. It's really easy to run 13s and pretty easy to run 12s once you have a built tranny. The neatest thing about tuned diesel 4x4s that is that it "seems" pretty improbable that they can literally destroy some stock cars that are considered quick. (ie LT1 Fbodies) I'm talking diesels with built trannys and hot tunes.

I once egged on a late mode mitsubishi eclipse into a run from a stoplight. After he agreed to race I boosted the truck up in 4hi and when the light turned green I instantly put a couple of lengths on him He had no idea that he had no chance. My diesel gets better 60' times than my LS1 T/A.
    Last edited by jmadden; 09-14-2008 at 08:32 PM.

Silver
    1999 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    nice runs. those diesels can move for a heavy truck. i'd like to run you with my truck...
    Your truck is definitely a sleeper. What's it run? on and off the bottle...

silver
    2002 ws6

Your truck is definitely a sleeper. What's it run? on and off the bottle...
    cant tell you for sure. there isnt a track around here for about 300 miles. all i know is on gps in the 1\4 mile it does 96 mph on engine, 105-107 on spray. no wheel spin at all with the et streets. if i were to guess i would say 14 flat on motor and 13 to very high 12's on spray.

do those g-tech pros work any good?

Silver
    1999 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    cant tell you for sure. there isnt a track around here for about 300 miles. all i know is on gps in the 1\4 mile it does 96 mph on engine, 105-107 on spray. no wheel spin at all with the et streets. if i were to guess i would say 14 flat on motor and 13 to very high 12's on spray.

do those g-tech pros work any good?

Pretty good numbers for the sleeper truck. I bought one of the old gtech devices and it was junk.... pretty much impossible to calibrate and keep it producing consistent results. I've heard that the new generation gtechs work well.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Nice races.

What the hell did the Tundra have done to it to run a 14.3??

silver
    2002 ws6

Pretty good numbers for the sleeper truck. I bought one of the old gtech devices and it was junk.... pretty much impossible to calibrate and keep it producing consistent results. I've heard that the new generation gtechs work well.
    LOL yeah it's not bad for the money i have into it. about 4 grand all together including the price of the truck itself.

i'd like to try a new gtech but would like to hear from somebody who has one

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

Don't know if/when they are going to lose allison but seems like I heard that too. The tranny is pretty bullet proof on stock tuning but........... you can limp it really easy on a hot tune. I'm planning on building mine with a suncoast IV kit sooner or later. Then I'll tune it for some real power. It's really easy to run 13s and pretty easy to run 12s once you have a built tranny. The neatest thing about tuned diesel 4x4s that is that it "seems" pretty improbable that they can literally destroy some stock cars that are considered quick. (ie LT1 Fbodies) I'm talking diesels with built trannys and hot tunes.

I once egged on a late mode mitsubishi eclipse into a run from a stoplight. After he agreed to race I boosted the truck up in 4hi and when the light turned green I instantly put a couple of lengths on him He had no idea that he had no chance. My diesel gets better 60' times than my LS1 T/A.
    During drag week theres 3 or 4 diesels hitting 10's and 11's. Pretty nasty trucks.

Adios and vaya con dios ZAPFOOL!!'s Avatar

Victory Red
    2002 Corvette Z06

arggh I want my truck running again

Silver
    1999 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Nice races.

What the hell did the Tundra have done to it to run a 14.3??
    Nothing at all...... Bone stock with the dealer sticker in the back glass.

2wd Regular cabs can run 14.1s stock and extended cabs are only a couple of tenths slower. The traction control must be turned off to run this well. The truck can run over a full second slower with the TCS turned on.

Their 5.7 reminds me of the old ZR1 motor. It makes similar power and has 4 cams with 32 valves I believe. Anyway those trucks are mean for a stock pickup. I've had two LT1s that would not run any better in the quarter when stock:

1994 Formula Firebird LT1 with 2.73 gears and A4: Best stock run 14.4

1993 Camaro Z28 LT1 with 3.23 gears and A4: Best stock run 14.2

2008 Tundra 2wd extended cab and A6: Best stock run 14.3

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS M6

I think I could take ya.
    How bout a '04 Sierra VHO.
    What part of Louisiana?

Silver
    1999 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by squee View Post
    I think I could take ya.
    How bout a '04 Sierra VHO.
    What part of Louisiana?
    Near Monroe.

What are you running with that 6.0? I have one trick left up my sleeve with my diesel. (I just bought HP Tuners and have added some additional power.)

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS M6

Not much. LTs, no cats, catback, ram air intake, and some 10.5mm wires.

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

Nothing at all...... Bone stock with the dealer sticker in the back glass.

2wd Regular cabs can run 14.1s stock and extended cabs are only a couple of tenths slower. The traction control must be turned off to run this well. The truck can run over a full second slower with the TCS turned on.

Their 5.7 reminds me of the old ZR1 motor. It makes similar power and has 4 cams with 32 valves I believe. Anyway those trucks are mean for a stock pickup. I've had two LT1s that would not run any better in the quarter when stock:

1994 Formula Firebird LT1 with 2.73 gears and A4: Best stock run 14.4

1993 Camaro Z28 LT1 with 3.23 gears and A4: Best stock run 14.2

2008 Tundra 2wd extended cab and A6: Best stock run 14.3

No way in hell fat ass truck stock will run a 14.3 or faster. Not to use magazine racing but http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...re+page-5.html I guess they can't drve................. No "stock" regular truck will run that quick sides maybe an srt10 or a harley davidson edition or lighting

Victory Red
    2002 Corvette Z06

Ive seen one go 14.4 at the track being run by the dealer at a car show when the new tundra was first released (Reg Cab, Short Bed)

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

Quote Originally Posted by ZAPFOOL!! View Post
    Ive seen one go 14.4 at the track being run by the dealer at a car show when the new tundra was first released (Reg Cab, Short Bed)
    Well it had to have been a dealer supercharged version then, do the math with weight and power no way in hell its running past a 14.8 at best.

http://robrobinette.com/et.htm type 5520 for its weight and 381 for hp, basic math. I know this calculator isn't 100% but close enough to prove it isn't running past a 14.8
    Last edited by adam3566; 09-16-2008 at 12:21 PM.

Victory Red
    2002 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by adam3566 View Post
    Well it had to have been a dealer supercharged version then, do the math with weight and power no way in hell its running past a 14.8 at best.
    nope bone stock....if it had boost think it would of been a bit closer to my truck

Thread Information