Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Killed a Snake

WS6 Rice Extermination MaxPlusTen's Avatar

Medium Quazar Blue
    1997 Trans Am LT1

Killed a Snake

I was cruising after work the other night looking for some action... I saw some guy in a riced out civic and he tryed to race me but I didnt bite, just wasnt worth it. He followed me for about 20 minutes and I see the taillights of a stang up ahead of me. Well Civic boy saw it too so he pulls some ricer shit and cuts me off along with another car... well the other car turns off and im behind this 03 Cobra and this Civic... they both get caught off a light and I pull in behind the Cobra. It sounded pretty narly (I later came to find out he had a cam, off road x pipe, and borla exhaust). The civic reved on him and he reved back... I didnt think hed waste his time but mabey the fact i was behind him persuaded him. I figured if he was gonna go for it id dart around the civic after the stang passed and see if he wanted to run a real car... So when the light went green they both hit it. The Cobra got a pretty good launch and demolished the civic. I had hesitated for a second and then i launched. I shot past the civic and got around him once i got some distance...the guy in the cobra knew what i was doing cause he waited a second for me to get to his door and then he honked 3 times. We both went for it from about 60 mph and i started to pull on him pretty shortly after we nailed it. by 100 his front bumper was right at my rear and he shut down so i proceeded to do the same. He gets in behind me and all of a sudden civic boy comes darting around us and slams on his brakes for us to catch back up.... he gets right next to me and honks 3 times... i just stared at him like he was stupid and pulled off into the nearest parking lot... the guy in the Cobra follows me and the civic nails his breaks and drops in behind us and follows. I pull into a space and the Cobra pulls up next to me... Civic boy darts across the lot and pulls his e brake or something and dose a half assed little doughnut... we both stare at him with that yea buddy im impressed look. I started talking to the guy with the Cobra... nice guy...turns out he was near stock other than the exhaust and cam. He asked me what i was running and then asked if i sprayed on him. Im having a problem with this nitrous and forgetting its there so i told him i didnt. In hind site i wish i would have just to see what the result would have been. We had thought the little tool in the civic had gone to pick on some of his own kind but all of a sudden he comes barreling into a parking spot next to us with his stereo blasting some techno... He gets out and goes..."man thats some ignorant shit...you stole my race man"... i really honestly didnt know what to say...but my subconcious mind did... i think it was something along the lines of "well it looked like you were having a hard time so i thought id give ya a hand" Well he started runnin his mouth so we both just got in our cars and the cobra takes off but i figured id give the kid a show so i power brake to get the wheels spinning then i let it go and do a nice little doughnut and then head out... good race....good ricer entertainment... good night

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

you need to write a book, or move to KY and hang with me and Zboner...that was serioiusly the best story i've ever read.

Moo cow f**k milk Demon_Speeding's Avatar

Black
    2001 Camaro Z28

LMAO! Kick ass story!

Black
    99 SS

yes do come to KY your not that far away

blue02formula
    You race stealer! Good kill.

Cobra had a "cam" and 2 other bolt-ons?

Probably just had a catback

hmm a 03 cobra with a cam?? LOL you just got bullshitted dude.

AWESOMO 4000
    Yeah. He had a cam. The 3 other ones were still stock probably....

Quote Originally Posted by AWESOMO 4000
    Yeah. He had a cam. The 3 other ones were still stock probably....
    , he swapped in a cam from a 5.0 Cobra.

Black, Blue
    07 TBSS, 07 GSXR1000

Nice Kill.

Light Pewter Metallic
    2000 Camaro SS M6

Don't those ricer punks annoy the heck out of you? I get their wimpy coffee can muffler bumble bee noise rev job at lights all the time. What is it with these immature punks? They think they can rice up what, maybe 120HP, and take on a 400+ RWHP SS?

Every now and then, I let them know what a real car can do. Needless to say, it has never been close. Before I'm through first gear, I've put so much distance on them, it's pathetic. A couple of times, the young wusses have come up next to me a mile or so down the road at another light giving me the bumble bee treatment again. What are they thinking, that maybe the first time they had a bad launch and that maybe this time they can take me?

Black
    99 SS

well since most of them are retarted. yes!

Grey/Brushed Pewter
    05 GMC Sierra & 05 Altima

Talking

Come on guys... havent you heard of the 'street racing ricer rule' handbook? You stole his race, and for that, your punishment is him annoying the shit out of you - he was just doing what every other stupid punk w/ a turbo toilet muffler is set out to do.. LOL

Great story, even better race!

Black
    2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by GeeTee
    Cobra had a "cam" and 2 other bolt-ons?

Probably just had a catback
    I hope he didnt have "a cam" how about 4 of them, lol

Quote Originally Posted by brad8266
    I hope he didnt have "a cam" how about 4 of them, lol
    LOL. I hear that just "a cam" can yield about a whole 15rwhp on those Cobra's

I dont believe "off the shelf" performance cams are out for the 03-04 Cobras yet, if he did have them they must've been a custom grind. However I don't know why you spend the $ getting custom cams not to mention installation PITA when a smaller pulley, chip, and k&n would result in 3-4 times the gain of cams.

green, colorful
    93 SHO, 89 363ci stang

nice kill, stupid ricers....

Quote Originally Posted by Ninety_1_Notch
    I dont believe "off the shelf" performance cams are out for the 03-04 Cobras yet, if he did have them they must've been a custom grind. However I don't know why you spend the $ getting custom cams not to mention installation PITA when a smaller pulley, chip, and k&n would result in 3-4 times the gain of cams.

Cams are common, now. I have Crower Stage IIIs in mine. The cams have helped the mid-range power tremendously. When I kick it at 3500, the car lunges and, literally, pins me in my seat until redline. As for peak power, I make 527 rwhp.

Silversnake are you still using the stock Eaton unit?

WS6 Rice Extermination MaxPlusTen's Avatar

Medium Quazar Blue
    1997 Trans Am LT1

an update. you guys are right about the cam/cams thing... i ran into the guy again the other night and asked. He told me he must have mistakenly said cam, i believe he ment to say pulley. Didnt talk to him long, he was at a stop light turning off.

Thread Information