Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Killed an RX8

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am

Killed an RX8

I was driving home after going to Luby's Love that chicken fried stake. I was on Loop 1604 south just passing Braun Road when an RX8 yellow, beautiful car that merged all agressive, I made nothing of it, but he kept being hessitant he got next to me 2 times and kept taking off, i didnt play into this because 1 i was on a full stomach and 2 there was a car right infront of me so it was pointless, so on the next light the explorer in front of me goes to the turn lane and there we were right next to each other. I looked over to make eye contact and we both nodded, and his GF was getting all happy and they starting laughing (i guess both of them started ranting both were young under 18) so green light, I drop 2k he kinda got a start on me (my clutch is going bad i guess, and i had about 10lbs of chickenfried steak in me lol) by mid-late second i catch him (could of been sooner i was staring at the Tach. when i shifted to third my rear tires were passing him, i could hear his engine reving (nice sound). by 80 mph im gone, i saw him exit on Culebra on the RearView, BON its my first race of the year! nice to start off good. I always thought RX-8's were 340HP+ man i was way off. there was this guy at work that had one, always kept blabbering about. but never wanted to race. good race though

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Naw they dont have 340+hp........just a rotary lol

For one
    Looking

Wow... I used to live in San Antonio. Funny that I actually remembered all those roads.

Good kill.

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

Quote Originally Posted by hurraquio View Post
    I was driving home after going to Luby's Love that chicken fried stake. I was on Loop 1604 south just passing Braun Road when an RX8 yellow, beautiful car that merged all agressive, I made nothing of it, but he kept being hessitant he got next to me 2 times and kept taking off, i didnt play into this because 1 i was on a full stomach and 2 there was a car right infront of me so it was pointless, so on the next light the explorer in front of me goes to the turn lane and there we were right next to each other. I looked over to make eye contact and we both nodded, and his GF was getting all happy and they starting laughing (i guess both of them started ranting both were young under 18) so green light, I drop 2k he kinda got a start on me (my clutch is going bad i guess, and i had about 10lbs of chickenfried steak in me lol) by mid-late second i catch him (could of been sooner i was staring at the Tach. when i shifted to third my rear tires were passing him, i could hear his engine reving (nice sound). by 80 mph im gone, i saw him exit on Culebra on the RearView, BON its my first race of the year! nice to start off good. I always thought RX-8's were 340HP+ man i was way off. there was this guy at work that had one, always kept blabbering about. but never wanted to race. good race though

there slow as fuck....240 horse..no tourqe ....low-mid 14s quarter..0-60 6 sec..........hey good kill though.....i woulda put him in his place to since he was eggin it on

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

goog kill

look what i found

http://ezinearticles.com/?Mazda-RX8-...versy&id=47018

lol some RX8 owners were only putting 160-185 to the rear wheels

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am

OMG 160-180 and the price for one is really high. btw ive done some research, it seems like that engine likes to consume alot of oil. what a drag to own one of those cars.

Red
    2000 Camaro SS # 5,876

i always wanted to race one but can't ever find one that will take the bait with me..

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Good kill man! Yea, I think you'd be surprised how slow they really are, I think I had a better race w/ an Honda S2000.

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

I beat one with my old V6 camaro

Black
    2000 T/A

Quote Originally Posted by JwMonE99 View Post
    I beat one with my old V6 camaro
    yeah my DD bird will pull rx8's and it's a damn terd!!

Oh yeah! Put that 88ci engine in it's place!
    Last edited by wrex; 01-30-2008 at 11:27 PM.
    '93 RX-7 - Street ported engine, stock turbos, bolt ons 367rwhp/348rwtq - 12.2@115, 1.7 60ft

Looking for another RX7 to swap an LSX into.

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am

s2000 are pretty good, i hate all the cars mazda has to offer, and those stupid commercials with the "zoom zoom" they probably refer to all the other cars passing them by.

Red
    2003 Santa Fe

Ha, nice kill

i HAD A rx7 yeah easy to burn 1 qt of oil every other fill up.

Onyx Black
    2002 SLP Camaro SS

Good kill especially with the penalty weight of all that chicken you had to carry

Black
    BMW E39 540I 6 spd 4.4 V8

Quote Originally Posted by wrex View Post
    Oh yeah! Put that 88ci engine in it's place!
    Typical rotary owner excuse.

God forbid you actually lose to a rotary. You won't hear the end of it.

And if they lose, its always "Well you have X times the engine displacement!"

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by fxgs View Post
    Good kill especially with the penalty weight of all that chicken you had to carry

its actually beef steak! :OMG , when i first moved here and i quickly went hunting for a girlfriend, the first place we went to eat was Garudos. any was long story short she mentioned that she loved chickenfried steak, we order two orders. so it tasted perty good, but it was thinking what nasty ass chicken they have in texas. because the meat was kinda darkish, moments later i found out it was breaded flap steak, which by now it was tasting perty good.

Something Diabolical... chuckie669's Avatar
    2000 C5 Torch Red

Quote Originally Posted by hurraquio View Post
    its actually beef steak! :OMG , when i first moved here and i quickly went hunting for a girlfriend, the first place we went to eat was Garudos. any was long story short she mentioned that she loved chickenfried steak, we order two orders. so it tasted perty good, but it was thinking what nasty ass chicken they have in texas. because the meat was kinda darkish, moments later i found out it was breaded flap steak, which by now it was tasting perty good.

Monterey Maroon Metalic
    2000 Z28

Nice kill. Extra points for killing him with his girl in the car!

Next time he starts spouting off about how awesome his car is she will remind him of that T/A that walked him. The RX-8 shines in auto-x, not so much in drag races. He needs to pick his battles more carefully!

They are pretty cool for what they are but that oil burn issue with those rotory motors is horrible. I hope they use cheap oil.

Black
    BMW E39 540I 6 spd 4.4 V8

Quote Originally Posted by hoss 2000 z-28 View Post

They are pretty cool for what they are but that oil burn issue with those rotory motors is horrible. I hope they use cheap oil.
    They are designed to burn oil. They have oil squirters in the rotors that throw oil onto the intermediate housings to lubricate the apex seal friction surface and also to help keep the combustion chamber temps down. If the engine didn't burn oil, it would decrease the longevity of the engine.

Anyways, RX-8s with the rotary don't impress me. Put a LS7 into a RX-8 and now you have a fun car. They handle amazing and the addition of a reliable 500+HP V8 on 93 octane = a winner.

Thread Information