Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Blue/White
    00 TA/05 Legacy GT

Killed a new Camaro yesterday

Got my water pump replaced and now I'm back on the streets.

I know this probably belongs in the kill section, but its really not that big of a deal. It was the V6 version.

But it felt good to toast him in a 14-year-old LT1 Trans Am!! Hell Yeah.

We went from a 75mph roll, I threw it down to 3rd, red lined, slammed down to 4th, up past 100, and I had about 2 cars on him when we both shut down.

My car has headers, magna-flow cat-back, K&N cold air, and air foil mod (all done before I bought the car last fall).

Impounded
    One of the rich kids in my school has a brand new camaro. V6.
    From a dead start...his is an automatic. All i did was wait until his shifted...after that it was basically over. I hit 135 then threw it into
    neutral. Looking in my rear view he was about 7 or 8 car legths back. But he kept it hammered down and flew past me...i guess he thought we were still racing after a Mile and a half...lol
    I am 100% stock. He has magnaflows on his.
    Needless to say he no longer talks shit.

RED
    02 SS, 03 BMW 745

Quote Originally Posted by BashamWS6 View Post
    From a dead start...his is an automatic. All i did was wait until his shifted...after that it was basically over. I hit 135 then threw it into
    neutral. Looking in my rear view he was about 7 or 8 car legths back. But he kept it hammered down and flew past me...i guess he thought we were still racing after a Mile and a half...lol
    I don't understand why people are willing to spend 30 plus thousand on a base model when you can invest a little more and get the ballzy model...I just don't get it...I mean if your already gonna be spending that much right? Might as well get the top of the line...nice story btw.

Yellow
    02 CETA#732

Thumbs up

Sounds like he should have held-his-breath until daddy ponied-up enough for the SS.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by SAGGIN View Post
    I don't understand why people are willing to spend 30 plus thousand on a base model when you can invest a little more and get the ballzy model...I just don't get it...I mean if your already gonna be spending that much right? Might as well get the top of the line...nice story btw.
    Unless you prefer the v6 models..
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

Red
    '68 Camaro RS, '11 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    Unless you prefer the v6 models..
    +1

I'm ordering my V6 next week. I'm keeping my WS6 and trading in my DD Sentra. I can get almost 39 mpg, and still have a nice looking car. Plus they have superchargers and turbos for them already........

White
    1998 Trans Am

Honestly the SS is nice but I raced my frriens 6spd and beat him. Wasn't impressed with the car for the price it cost. I rather have a nice used Vette. The V6 to me is overpriced. There are other V6 cars I much rather have than a v6 camaro. I have driven a V6 auto and honestly I would go buy a Hyundia Genesis Coupe V6 Track model. it handled better and was alot more fun than the V6 Camaro, guessing alot of it was the weight difference and that Hyundia had a slick stick and shifted seamless through the gears, one of the nicest manuals I have driven without and short throw shifters or add ons.
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

Spice Red Metallic
    2006 Pontiac GTO

Quote Originally Posted by SAGGIN View Post
    A kid at my schools parents got him a 1LT new for $24,000 and ended up paying under 20 after they traded in his 10 year old explorer.

Spice Red Metallic
    2006 Pontiac GTO

Quote Originally Posted by RyanJM View Post
    Honestly the SS is nice but I raced my frriens 6spd and beat him. Wasn't impressed with the car for the price it cost. I rather have a nice used Vette. The V6 to me is overpriced. There are other V6 cars I much rather have than a v6 camaro. I have driven a V6 auto and honestly I would go buy a Hyundia Genesis Coupe V6 Track model. it handled better and was alot more fun than the V6 Camaro, guessing alot of it was the weight difference and that Hyundia had a slick stick and shifted seamless through the gears, one of the nicest manuals I have driven without and short throw shifters or add ons.
    yeah, The SS doesn't impress me either. I mopped one up at the track by 0.5 seconds. Plus I'm sure if you've drove a new camaro you know they have really poor visibility. It's hard to see out of IMO.

Those Genesis are pretty slick cars... Best Hyundia ever built! It def kicks the crap out of the old Tiburon

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by MrKid View Post
    +1

I'm ordering my V6 next week. I'm keeping my WS6 and trading in my DD Sentra. I can get almost 39 mpg, and still have a nice looking car. Plus they have superchargers and turbos for them already........
    That's because it's a 660!

Impounded
    Well my mom has wanted one since they announced the release of the new camaros....
    She believes in going all out. Yes they look good but like stated earlier...V6 camaros are a dime a dozen and they are quite pricey...if you want good gas milage... A Prius gets great milage...which why would you buy one ofnthose things anyways. With 93 octane...i got 23 MPG with my 6speed trans am...theres no mods either. but i would rater look good and kill the environment...than look dumb...no one gets respect with a Prius...and v
    few get it with a V6 Camaro. Yes they look great but park that next to a V8 ss2...there just isnt a comparrison. I would hold out a little longer and get a used one or wait..the SS2 are already under $40,000 loaded brand new...so
    V8 is the logical choice...its american muscle...show some
    dignity lol

Impounded
    If the ss doesnt impress you...you could upgrade to a Hennessey Camaro. they even sell the packaged parts to add on to your 2010 Camaro SS if you already bought one.
    http://www.hennesseyperformance.com/...et-camaro.html
    Go Big Or Go Home.

Red

It's not about whether it impresses me or not. It's about the practicality of it. My Trans Am is going have about 475 horse. Why would I need another 400+ horse car to drive back and forth to work. And those were two very ingnorant comments
    1. You would have a hard time telling a non badged V6 from a V-8. the only differance is the wheels, and those are optional on the V-6.
    2. A Prius? I won't even respond to that...

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

Well my mom has wanted one since they announced the release of the new camaros....
    She believes in going all out. Yes they look good but like stated earlier...V6 camaros are a dime a dozen and they are quite pricey...if you want good gas milage... A Prius gets great milage...which why would you buy one ofnthose things anyways. With 93 octane...i got 23 MPG with my 6speed trans am...theres no mods either. but i would rater look good and kill the environment...than look dumb...no one gets respect with a Prius...and v
    few get it with a V6 Camaro. Yes they look great but park that next to a V8 ss2...there just isnt a comparrison. I would hold out a little longer and get a used one or wait..the SS2 are already under $40,000 loaded brand new...so
    V8 is the logical choice...its american muscle...show some
    dignity lol
    Well I for one don't buy cars for gas mileage or the useless respect of strangers.. I buy cars that I like.. I'm not a 4cyl/electric person tho.. I'm into small displacement GM 60* "V" motors. That's what I buy that's what I build.. The technology for GM v6's producing more power than a "v8" has been around for more than 30 years and about 20 with the advent of the obI and the "x" car platforms.. The TDC 3.4l with multi port was making more hp than the 305 tune port cars on a lousy 207 ci.. Today you have a 3.6l 60* motor producing 304hp in an N/A platform.. Pretty close to stock ls1 numbers huh? Admittedly it's in a very heavy car tho.. The after market for 60*v6 has been growing, in the past few years I'd say it has grown 5-10 fold.. The 90* v6 are quickly becomming replaced with 660's too.. Just as the ls1 helped revolutionized how engines are built the 660 did for the GM's v6 group of engines.. Remember when Chevrolet's biggest engines were 6's? They've got it figured I'd say..
    Last edited by Smittro; 06-11-2010 at 06:24 AM.

Red

...not mention it will be my auto-x car, and it out brakes and out handles the SS.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by MrKid View Post
    ...not mention it will be my auto-x car, and it out brakes and out handles the SS.
    Sure can.. Lighter, motor sits further behind the front wheels..

Impounded
    Since when was having too much horsepower in too many cars a bad thing? And you were just talking about turbos and superchargers.
    None the less. Those V6s exhausts are horrible. The sound like shit.
    And reguardless... Just having those two letters make it a nicer car IMO. Because It means V8. And it means that they didnt just run out and buy a Camaro to show they have money like the guy from my school did. Im not saying thats your reason but a majority of the people agree with me on that fact. Or maybe i am just being ignorant again. But hey its your money. And when i was looking for a car i knew how annoying it was when everyone was telling m what to get. Reguardless...its a Camaro i guess.

Red

But hey its your money. And when i was looking for a car i knew how annoying it was when everyone was telling m what to get.
    Hmmm...imagine that. Well, if it makes you feel better, I'll buy a $35 SS badge it on my Camaro. That will make me bad ass and all the chicks will love me.

Impounded
    Hey do whatever makes you happy. But i dont need the WS6 badge on my back bumper for gurls.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Since when was having too much horsepower in too many cars a bad thing? And you were just talking about turbos and superchargers.
    None the less. Those V6s exhausts are horrible. The sound like shit.
    And reguardless... Just having those two letters make it a nicer car IMO. Because It means V8. And it means that they didnt just run out and buy a Camaro to show they have money like the guy from my school did. Im not saying thats your reason but a majority of the people agree with me on that fact. Or maybe i am just being ignorant again. But hey its your money. And when i was looking for a car i knew how annoying it was when everyone was telling m what to get. Reguardless...its a Camaro i guess.
    Too much hp?.. I don't think there's a such thing. If the turbo and super charger question was to me.. No I don't just mean turbo, and superchargers.. I'm talking forged internals, cams, headers, heads.. etc, etc.. I threw in a comment about the n/a (tdc) 4 cam motor.. The n/a global 3.6 will have a following just the same I bet.. I'm not getting down on v8 powered cars.. I love the sound of a v8 too. But I also like v6 platforms as well... I think folks should build/buy whatever they like/want..
    Last edited by Smittro; 06-11-2010 at 10:38 AM.

Thread Information