Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Killed myself

Future Super Trooper Mr. CarelessAndImprudent's Avatar
    '69 Camaro

Killed myself

So, I took a kid for a ride monday night and of course had to show off a bit. I was in the middle of a monster 30ft burnout when I nose towards the ditch a bit. I went to grab second to straighten it out a bit, but missed lucky me bent my clutch fork and now the clutch won't disengage

OOPS!!!

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

That's what happens when you try and show off!!! When I had my 02 WS6 I tried to show off and left the frickin traction contol on, talk about feeling retarded! I feel for you.

Black
    1998 LS1 T/A Conv. RamAir

You, think that's bad, I was pulling out of a party store, and some kids yelled "do a burn out", so I back up hit the traction control button and hit it, well I was concentrating to much on the traction control button, that I forgot to put in into drive!! Fortunatly, there was no one behind me. The only thing that was hurt was my pride....I have to smoke out of the lot, just to save some face....my wife says that I should grow up now that I'm 41 years old? Hmmm nope not yet...

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

How did the clutch fork get bent from missing 2nd gear??

I miss 2nd when my car is cold because it just grinds, the damn synchro is shot

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

Traction control should be banned!

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Jones View Post
    You, think that's bad, I was pulling out of a party store, and some kids yelled "do a burn out", so I back up hit the traction control button and hit it, well I was concentrating to much on the traction control button, that I forgot to put in into drive!! Fortunatly, there was no one behind me. The only thing that was hurt was my pride....I have to smoke out of the lot, just to save some face....my wife says that I should grow up now that I'm 41 years old? Hmmm nope not yet...
    wheel hopp like a son of a bitch?

The Rookie
    I've got one for you. The same day I bought my SS it was six months old and had like 11,000 miles on it. But anyway, I was taking a chic I know for a ride in it. I stopped off the highway on this side road, where there was no traffic. I pulled into the turning lane and was going to spin a 180 and head back the other way. Well I turned the wheel reved it up and dumped the clutch to show off..... I spun the car almost a complete 360 and hit the damn curb! The ass end just kept going! It left a nasty dent, and a good case of curb rash on my right front rim!! DOH!!! you talk about feeling like an idiot! I got out and looked at the rim and thought to my self... "Nice job you dumbass!" When I got back in the car she said, "is it ok?" I said, "Oh its fine!" The whole way back to dropping her off i was calling myself a jackass! How could I fuck up my new car the day I got it!
    Last edited by The Rookie; 07-29-2006 at 06:59 AM.

414 RWHP 395 RWTQ
    00 Black Ram Air Trans Am

I threw a few donuts in the parking lot at work for a few of the guys I work with and.......blew my power steering pump. What a nice 25 mile ride home that was with no power steering. Ah the little things in life

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

wow...i hate this thread...i just want to cry i hope i never fuck my car up again.

GOT BOOST?
    02 Vette-Black 618 rwhp

I have two words...... Race School, and good job on the damage. YOu don't learn if you drive it like you hate it..

Member Since Aug 2000 LS1 Eddie's Avatar
    I was leaving school one day my senior year showin off for my buddy, got sideways around a corner and got a little bit too sideways. Almost smashed into a curb and had to come to a complete stop facing the sidewalk in the middle of the street. Those were the days.

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

yea i've deff had my moments

Artic White
    2001 Z-28

I raced myself and blew my clutch apart. I freakin missed 2nd gear like it was my job and the car grinded and popped all the way home! 3 months into owning the car with 40k on the clock!

Electron Blue
    2003 Z06

Sorry to hear that man!

Jet Stream Blue
    2009 Lingenfelter ZR1

Same here, sorry about that

Silver
    2002 Z28

I was turning left next to a supra, did I nice 360 and then kept going lol. No damage, pretty lucky. Ice is a different story.

The ultimate though, my friend was in his 90 Thunderbird SC. I was on a date with some chick, and went to turn right, and his fucking wheel fell off. Not sure if it was just loose or what happened but it was funny as hell.

Future Super Trooper Mr. CarelessAndImprudent's Avatar
    '69 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    How did the clutch fork get bent from missing 2nd gear??

I miss 2nd when my car is cold because it just grinds, the damn synchro is shot
    All I can figure is that I was part of the way in and when I missed, I flipped the clutch again to slip it into gear and it jammed bending the fork

red
    1999 Trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Jones View Post
    That a way! Screw growing up. I don't want to drive a Crown Victoria.
    Red 99 Trans am A4. STS Turbo, K&N, Thomas Racing chip, Tail waste gate, Slp mass airflow sensor,and TB bypass. Soon to be running 12.4

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2002 Firehawk

Just thought I would add my bad luck - I had a '69 firebird build to the hilt - racing a '69 Corvette with a 425 hp 427 - beat him by 1/2 a car length in the 1/4 mile and the car died - he pulled me back to town - broke the fuel pump - how embarressing

IYP
    may seem stupid but how exactly do you miss a gear? ive never driven a manual so that may explain some of the question...

Thread Information