Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

Killed my GTO buddies ego....

Last night I was cruising around town waiting for my girlfriend to get off work when all the sudden a red 2004 GTO flys past me. It happened to be my buddy who had just bought the car from his dad awhile back. Its a 2004 all stock m6. He gets beside me and I roll the window down to tell him get going 30mph and on the 3rd beep of my horn mash it. I drop down to 1st honk three times and destroy him. By 80mph I had around 4 cars on him. I pull into Mcdonalds to talk and he pulls beside me and has the biggest look of shock on his face. He then asks me what I have in that thing and I told him that I had the same thing he had with a coulpe extras. I told him good race and we went our seperate ways. Thats the second 04' ive killed since ive had my car, but only the 4th total kill. Seems like those GTOs are pigs.

06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

Sweet kill.....the 04 GTO guys got shafted!!lol

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

I guess they did lol, I bet he really hated it when I told him my car was a 1998 with 125,000 miles on it.

no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 z28

Quote Originally Posted by hutch1999 View Post
    I guess they did lol, I bet he really hated it when I told him my car was a 1998 with 125,000 miles on it.
    same kill story, same outcome. and yup they are pigs. but they are our kin

Black
    1999 Trans Am M6

Last night I was cruising around town waiting for my girlfriend to get off work when all the sudden a red 2004 GTO flys past me. It happened to be my buddy who had just bought the car from his dad awhile back. Its a 2004 all stock m6. He gets beside me and I roll the window down to tell him get going 30mph and on the 3rd beep of my horn mash it. I drop down to 1st honk three times and destroy him. By 80mph I had around 4 cars on him. I pull into Mcdonalds to talk and he pulls beside me and has the biggest look of shock on his face. He then asks me what I have in that thing and I told him that I had the same thing he had with a coulpe extras. I told him good race and we went our seperate ways. Thats the second 04' ive killed since ive had my car, but only the 4th total kill. Seems like those GTOs are pigs.
    Am i the only one on this site that doesn't downshift into first????? It's terrible for your tranny. first is designed to just get the car moving. unless you don't have stock tranny internals, then i wouldn't do it.
    1999 Trans Am M6
    SLP Short Throw, Lid and CAI, Strano Springs, Koni Sport Shocks, BMR STB and SFC, UMI PHB, Pacesetter LT's and ORY, Magnaflow Catback, DMH 3" E-Cutout, LS7 Clutch, Motive 4.10, 160 T-Stat, MSD wires,, 17x9.5 Chrome C6's wrapped in Hankook 275/40/17

Tuned at Mongillo Motors in New Haven, CT - 303 RWHP and 308 RWTQ

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post
    same kill story, same outcome. and yup they are pigs. but they are our kin
    I know, i wish they weighed about 500lbs less

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

Quote Originally Posted by GottaHaveLS1 View Post
    Am i the only one on this site that doesn't downshift into first????? It's terrible for your tranny. first is designed to just get the car moving. unless you don't have stock tranny internals, then i wouldn't do it.
    I slowed down way down before down shifting into 1st gear. Its not bad when you slow way down and rev match it.

Pewter
    2000 z28

I know, i wish they weighed about 500lbs less
    +1 on that. they have great interiors and are solid, i looked at a few but i couldnt justify the cost difference between an 04 and a low milage f-body. plus the f-body makes the goats look like chickens.......................

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by GottaHaveLS1 View Post
    I'm with you bro. I don't think I've ever downshifted to first on the fly, I either have to be going very slow (~5MPH) or at a complete stop before I'll engage 1st gear. If I'm just idleing around a parking lot or something I keep it in 2nd (I have 4.10's), no need for 1st unless I'm really crawling or stopped completely.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

wtf??? if you rev match correctly, downshifting has not a single negative effect on the tranny.

why do you think they make automatics that downshift one or two gears at a time? cuz it makes you go faster!

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by ATCharming View Post
    wtf??? if you rev match correctly, downshifting has not a single negative effect on the tranny.

why do you think they make automatics that downshift one or two gears at a time? cuz it makes you go faster!

Well of course...

But we're talking about 1st gear here, not exactly a gear you downshift from on a roll. Some cars actually have 1st gear lockouts above a certain speed, to prevent you from engaging it above a slow roll.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Well of course...

But we're talking about 1st gear here, not exactly a gear you downshift from on a roll. Some cars actually have 1st gear lockouts above a certain speed, to prevent you from engaging it above a slow roll.
    Yes, you can Rev match to any gear as long as it's not something like 75mph first gear. I do not have an LS1, but I know in my SHO I can rap 1st out to 45mph. All you have to do is push in the clutch give it some gas (to about where you think the rpms will be once you downshift) then move the stick. If you did it right your rpms should barely vchange and it should shift as smooth as butter. I don't see how that could at all be hard on a tranny, it's going to be spinning the rpms that you revv'd it up to. Now if your moving in 2nd or 3rd at 30 then drop to 1st thats harsh.

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

rev matching is your friend

HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar
    yeah its not really a race with a modded ls1 f-bod vs. a ls1 goat... i have a stock auto 04 gto, im just gonna do intake, cutouts, and shift kit...i know its not comparable to a f-bod...i just hate it when people with 04 goats think there hot shit, just cuz its a goat....i bought mine for luxury, big back seat, and the ls1....its my dd, and it has luxury and options that no f-bod can compare too...also i bought a ls1 goat instead of a ls2 cuz i knew i would get a better deal on it...and i did

Pewter
    2000 z28

Quote Originally Posted by blackz-lt1 View Post
    yeah its not really a race with a modded ls1 f-bod vs. a ls1 goat... i have a stock auto 04 gto, im just gonna do intake, cutouts, and shift kit...i know its not comparable to a f-bod...i just hate it when people with 04 goats think there hot shit, just cuz its a goat....i bought mine for luxury, big back seat, and the ls1....its my dd, and it has luxury and options that no f-bod can compare too...also i bought a ls1 goat instead of a ls2 cuz i knew i would get a better deal on it...and i did
    its not a race stock vs. stock.
    at least that was my experience.....

HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post
    its not a race stock vs. stock.
    at least that was my experience.....
    yeah stock for stock ls1 goat vs. ls1 f-bod....is like racing a stock lt1 vs. a stock ls1
    01 m6 z28 - lid / lt headers / 3' ory w no cats / flowmaster catback w 3' dmh e-cutout / nelson pcm tune

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

Quote Originally Posted by blackz-lt1 View Post
    yeah stock for stock ls1 goat vs. ls1 f-bod....is like racing a stock lt1 vs. a stock ls1
    +1...

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

So go out now and hunt down an LS2 Goat... Or maybe an SRT-8, hehe.

Green
    1997 ws-6

a stock lt1 vs a stock ls1 in a 1/8th mile is a drivers race. i have proven that, 1/4 mile is where the ls1 hp will catch the lt1 driver skills. you would have to know nothing about ours to disagree with me.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

good kill...i test drove a 06 GTO and on from a dig is faster than my ss ....but from a 50 mph roll my car would leave it far behind

Thread Information