Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Killed my first LS1 in my truck last night

well not really lol but here is the story.........a guy I work with that is a brown nosing no it all has a 2000 Z28. Last week on the way to work we played in traffic a little and he acted like we was wide open going in and out of traffic. He might have hit 50 in a 35. I was thinking u r a pussy and have no clue on how to race. Well yesterday on the way home it starts again. He gets ahead and I catch up with him at a Redlight finally, no traffic. Light turns green and he gets on it pretty good and has me by 2 cars. We get up to 70 and he lets off lol. I blow by him at 100+ laughing to myself. No balls lol. I slow back down and he pulls even. I kick it and he wont go. He acted like Johnny bad azz but when it come to it couldnt back up his words. Cant wait to see him at work and give him a hard time. The way he drove if I would have still had the SS I would have smoked him easy. I think my truck did surprise him though lol.

Black
    2002 M6 WS6

So what's done to your truck? I mean, a stock dakota with the mag isn't... anything an LS1 cares about o.O. Isn't it like 225hp.. running near 16's? 15's maybe? You raced until 70 and then when he let off you continued to romp on it for 30 more mph? Why?

Sorry, perhaps I'm LS1 biased haha :-P Just seems.. a little odd. He'd put way more than 2 cars on you by the time he hit 100. Prolly wouldn't even recognize the car.
    2002 Black/Ebony M6 WS6: Lid, Filter, Smooth Bellow, P&P TB (!Bump Stop), Magnaflow Cat-Back (dumped after the axle), 4.10s, Hypertech ME Tune, eibach springs 4/4, LCA relocating brackets, PHB, free mods, 17" TTMs.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

sounds like a ricer fly by to me..why would he need to take it up that high...the race was over within the first 2 seconds...i would think not only him..but you would have known that too.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

u guys missed the point but would be hard to see unless u know the guy.......he acts like he drives the piss out of it racing.....of course my truck was no match for the LS1

white
    2000 Z28

the point im seeing is the z owner is scared of the car on the street. i guess some would say the same for me because i personally have no reason to go any higher than 10 over speed limit. i try to limit speeding. also i live 15 minutes from a drag strip, so i race there exclusively. if people dont know me, they would assume that im scared of my car also, because i dont take the very few baits on the road. i dont act like i have badass stamped on my wallet either. so i dont expect to be in the same category as your coworker.
    Last edited by 00z28bubba; 10-14-2010 at 04:18 PM.

black
    2000 trans am ws6 a4

i dont see a point....

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Talked to him at work and he said man your truck runs good......turns out he was racing but 2nd and 4th gear is out lol.....

sunset orange
    2002 Camaro Z28

lol thats funny. i dont think too many people have humor when it comes to messing around especially when you know they guy is an idiot and u knew u werent gonna win. How bad does he rag on it?

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by 02sunsetorangeZ View Post
    lol thats funny. i dont think too many people have humor when it comes to messing around especially when you know they guy is an idiot and u knew u werent gonna win. How bad does he rag on it?
    Glad someone got it lol......I will chalk it up as a real kill......not my fault he tried to race with no 2nd or 4th LMAO

silver
    2002 ws6

trucks have a box and sometimes 4wd.

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28

I really dont see how this a kill story? So you lost to a Ls1 ?? I don't get it.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by LS1BL View Post
    I really dont see how this a kill story? So you lost to a Ls1 ?? I don't get it.
    I didnt lose

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy_Gonzales View Post
    I didnt lose
    I don't know,,,,I read it over and over and I think LS1BL is right. You both lined up and took off. He had you by 2 cars at 70 and he decided it was over and stopped racing. Sounds like a smart man, no need to push the issue if it isn't necessary. Most races from a dig are over by 70-80 mph anyway, if the car is ahead by a fair amount there is no need to go further.
    Sounds like you lost and you simply kept going after the fact, that's not winning. I believe the young folk around here have a term for that

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    I don't know,,,,I read it over and over and I think LS1BL is right. You both lined up and took off. He had you by 2 cars at 70 and he decided it was over and stopped racing. Sounds like a smart man, no need to push the issue if it isn't necessary. Most races from a dig are over by 70-80 mph anyway, if the car is ahead by a fair amount there is no need to go further.
    Sounds like you lost and you simply kept going after the fact, that's not winning. I believe the young folk around here have a term for that
    Agreed

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    read post #7 again

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

:\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

its short but its skinny. jiveass's Avatar

pewter
    99 trans am

for people without a sense of humor, dude was just goofin so he could mess with the guy who acts like he really knows how to drive his car....if i raced a ls1 in my truck, sure id lose, but any chance i get to give the guy shit about it, im gonna take it...

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy_Gonzales View Post
    read post #7 again
    Ya lost me

Black
    2002 M6 WS6

There's not really anything to get. Sorry to sound mean but basically you raced on a light. He beat you by 2 cars by 70mph. He stopped. You flew by him like a ricer, claiming he has no balls. I wouldn't wanna go 100 in a 35 either, especially when there's no point. Post #7 only explains why he ONLY put 2 cars on you. The end.

Sorry :/

Hide ya kids Hide ya wife 94ss06gxp's Avatar

Silver, Stealth Gray
    97 SS CLONE, 06 GP GXP

thats what im getting out of this ^

Thread Information