Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SOM
    1998 Trans Am

Killed a gt (02-03)

Well, this morning i had to go pick some stuff up so on my way back from the store I see this GT (02-03 I think). Well I slow down and catch a light with him, so when it turns green we floor it, I fish tail somewhat but then I just pretty much blow by him, so this time I slow down, and we go from about 35-40 and I floor it BUT I fish tail pretty bad when it drops to 1st gear (A4) and have to let off, So he got me that time (but only by like 1 1/2 cars) but he slows down b4 I get a chance to get back into it, then we pull up together again and go from a roll about 35-40 again, this time I dont floor it, but ease into it and I get a few cars ahead. SO we pull up at another light, and he asks me "Is that stock, I say not really, and tell him I have cutout and gears, and he tells me he has a cam I guess other stuff too, but he just said a cam, and he says "I could keep up with you if I could get traction" SO, we go again from the light, and again I pull ahead by like 2-3 cars pretty fast. So I suppose he did have some traction issues. (I would pull ahead of him fast, and he wouldnt catch up at all, I would just keep pulling)

My mods are... 3' cutout, Ram air package, SLP lid, k&n airfilter, 3.73 gears and free mods, gonna put my LT hearders and ORY or soon i hope.

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

Nice!!! Sounds like your in need of some tires LOL!!!

SOM
    1998 Trans Am

well, they are only a few months old... I need something to help me keep my traction :/

People who own mod engines never say "I have a cam" unless they are full of shit. If he did, the car should be close to 300rwhp and wouldnt be such a push over.

blue green chameleon
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Justin23454 View Post
    well, they are only a few months old... I need something to help me keep my traction :/
    what kinda tires are they?

Awaiting Activation

Black
    RIP S4 06Tbss

Quote Originally Posted by mogs01gt View Post
    People who own mod engines never say "I have a cam" unless they are full of shit. If he did, the car should be close to 300rwhp and wouldnt be such a push over.
    Stangs dont gain the hp off of a cam like the lsx moters do so it is very possible he did have one...

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

Good kill, better get some stickier tires.

SOM
    1998 Trans Am

I have fuzion ZRI tires? I had a "friends" uncle who was supposed to help hook my car up because he owns a shop, but I paid him 900$ to fix some things, *change axle bearings it was leaking, new tires, new fuel pump, change oil, fix blinkers and some other stuff* BUT when I got the car back, the Bearings were still leaking *He said he couldnt find the right part? I went to pep boys and got the peice, and me and my dad fixed it. Then the blinkers, just replaced the flasher (the guy said it was something that needed to be ordered from the dealer, guess tryin 2 get more money from me) Also got it back and drove for awhile, then when I went to change the oil "again" it was burnt. Anyways, all he did was put on 400$ worth of tires, and got 900 to do it. Now he is in NC.

SOM
    1998 Trans Am

also he was so stupid, he was tellin me my engine was an LT1.

Quote Originally Posted by 98T/Aformula. View Post
    Stangs dont gain the hp off of a cam like the lsx moters do so it is very possible he did have one...
    lmao has nothing to do ford or chevy, its based off of cubic inches and head flow.

Black
    2001 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by mogs01gt View Post
    lmao has nothing to do ford or chevy, its based off of cubic inches and head flow.

100% right.....

Black
    1994 Z28 SOLD 2000 GT

Very few cams unless stage 3 will net 300rwhp. Hi-tech is the only company right now that is consistently doing it. And he would have "Cams" unless he was to poor to buy the set.

I love my Mustang but we are not dyno queens. The modular boys, at least the 2v guys, have to make due with less. There are quite a few 12s stangs with only 240rwhp. Most full bolt-on 99+ cars are putting down 270-280. But with that a mid to low 12 second pass can ensue.

I could care less if I make huge power. I had a built N/A 94 Camaro Z28 and a 97 Firebird before this so I know the fbody. My GT was faster stock for stock. N/A the Camaro had it by the balls once modding began, but I will say that the modular is the absolute end all when it comes to forced induction. Stock engines can take 12psi of boost and last forever. There is a guy on ModularDepot who has 250,000 on his Procharger setup.

Sorry for lecture. Good win.

SOM
    1998 Trans Am

97 firebird = LT1 right? How bout stock for stock LS1 vs GT?
    Last edited by Justin23454; 12-26-2007 at 06:15 PM.

Black
    2000 Camaro SS

LS1 ftw!!

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

Quote Originally Posted by zaddiction27 View Post
    I could care less if I make huge power. I had a built N/A 94 Camaro Z28 and a 97 Firebird before this so I know the fbody. My GT was faster stock for stock. N/A the Camaro had it by the balls once modding began, but I will say that the modular is the absolute end all when it comes to forced induction.

Sorry for lecture. Good win.
    Just a quick question, were the Lt1s autos and the GT manual? It seems to me and to most people manual cars "feel" faster but when you look at the times they are not. Autos put the power down pretty smooth compared to the jerking of your head back and forth with a manual.

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

IDK it seems that the LT1 M6s can faster then the autos.
    I seen some bone stock LT1 M6s run mid 13s before, and the only autos I seen stock ran like in the high 13s low 14s.

Black
    1994 Z28 SOLD 2000 GT

Oh I'm not saying the 99+GT is faster. Im saying mine is faster than MY lt1s. I usually concure that the M5 GT is on par or barely faster than the auto lt1 and even or slower than the M6 lt1. Firebird was manual and Camaro was an auto.

I will never agree with someone that thinks the GT is faster than the ls1. GM just got that motor right. Ford decided to give decent performance and keep on selling to the masses. GM made the mistake to try and push the power envelope and sell to enthusiasts.

We are all car enthusiasts but we only make up a small market in the auto industry. The car needs to be excepted by men and women alike. I surely hope the new Camaro will have a overall appeal compared to all other generations.

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

I know what your sayin man, im glad you dont think th GT is faster than a LS1

Black
    2001 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by zaddiction27 View Post
    Oh I'm not saying the 99+GT is faster. Im saying mine is faster than MY lt1s. I usually concure that the M5 GT is on par or barely faster than the auto lt1 and even or slower than the M6 lt1. Firebird was manual and Camaro was an auto.

I will never agree with someone that thinks the GT is faster than the ls1. GM just got that motor right. Ford decided to give decent performance and keep on selling to the masses. GM made the mistake to try and push the power envelope and sell to enthusiasts.

We are all car enthusiasts but we only make up a small market in the auto industry. The car needs to be excepted by men and women alike. I surely hope the new Camaro will have a overall appeal compared to all other generations.

well put....

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Justin23454 View Post
    I need something to help me keep my traction :/
    I totally feel your pain. Catch 22: Sticky tires + LS1 = broken 10 bolt. Street tires + LS1 = spins like crazy!!

Nice kill! I thought every Mustang driver in the world knew to change the exhaust well before a cam swap! (HAHA...I'm not hating, I guess I'm just jealous of that nice Mustang sound)!!
    2002 Camaro SS M6, 2.5 PRC 5.3L heads, TFS 228/230 cam, FAST 92, bolt ons + a 10 lb bottle in the back.

1989 Corvette L98, A4, Full bolt ons, etc.

Thread Information