Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Killed a G35?

Pewter, and Black
    2001 Firebird, 2002 TA

Killed a G35?

I have a 2001 pewter firebird with dual exhaust that came with it stock. i was driving it to my senior picnic with the t-tops off with 3 friends, we were on a kinda busy road, and in my rearview mirror i see a Infinity G35, zooming through traffic. I was thinking that idiot is in a hurry, and then he gets right behind me. i look behind me and i see him right on my butt. I turn right on a long strip of road that goes straight for 2 miles, until it gets to the park where we are having the picnic. He follows me and gets on the lane to my left. He then does a ricer fly by and that gets me mad. I speed up to catch up to him, and i see him and his friend laughing. We both just stepped on the gas and i pull him by a lot, i dont remember how much. i got all the way up to 80 when a fedex truck happens to turn on the road and i had to brake. I yell out "FEDEX!!!!" all my friends were laughing, and the G35 keeps on going. When i got home that night, i looked the stats of the G35 up online and its says it is a V6, they estimated it at 300 HP? i dont think its that much. If so, how did i have such an advantage. Unless he didnt go all out. I want you guys opinion on that.
    Last edited by innerchi89; 05-12-2007 at 10:49 PM.

golden
    89 grand prix

there's plenty of reasons why your 300 hp car is faster than his. weight, gearing, torque output, actual power output, driver skill, etc. be careful out there man, fed ex trucks are solid.

Black & Black
    2001 Firehawk & 2002 WS-6

Do you have the LS1 or the 3.8? The G35's and 350Z's aren't really a whole lot IMO either. Most of the drivers of them think they are the shit since though. People like that just piss me off. Hope I meet somebody driving a fast one or someone who drives one that is cool so that it will change my opinion. Until then I will keep on getting pissed and then giving the beat down.

Pewter, and Black
    2001 Firebird, 2002 TA

Quote Originally Posted by 2001hawk View Post
    Do you have the LS1 or the 3.8? The G35's and 350Z's aren't really a whole lot IMO either. Most of the drivers of them think they are the shit since though. People like that just piss me off. Hope I meet somebody driving a fast one or someone who drives one that is cool so that it will change my opinion. Until then I will keep on getting pissed and then giving the beat down.
    I have the 3.8

Black
    2002 Formula Firehawk

Them G35's are nice cars. I wouldnt mind one as a DD

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Quote Originally Posted by innerchi89 View Post
    I have the 3.8
    Lemme get this straight...
    You have a 3.8 that came w/ dual exhaust stock & you pulled a G35?

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

sounds like the 35 did not hit it the second time when you caught up. i dont think you coulda pulled a g35 with just a v6 and 3 friends with the t-tops off. sorry just my .02

Pewter, and Black
    2001 Firebird, 2002 TA

He did hit it, i heard his exhuast as i left him. Maybe he missed a gear? There are many factors in winning a race.

Pewter, and Black
    2001 Firebird, 2002 TA

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSomething View Post
    Lemme get this straight...
    You have a 3.8 that came w/ dual exhaust stock & you pulled a G35?
    Yep, the way yall say it, it makes my car sound like its a piece of crap. And any import could beat me. Even a Civic.

golden
    89 grand prix

i retract my statement about you having a 300 hp car then.

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

2 door or 4?? Either way g35's an 350z's are a waste when it comes to racing. There slow as balls, and most of the guys driving them, drive like dickheads thinking there unstopable. But i wouldnt mind having one as a DD

down with the lot lizards blackhawk01's Avatar

Red
    2001 Camaro SS A4

im not trying to make anyone mad but there is no way a 3.8 could pull a G35

golden
    89 grand prix

Quote Originally Posted by white99x View Post
    im not trying to make anyone mad but there is no way a 3.8 could pull a G35
    correct

Quote Originally Posted by PAULlikesyourcar View Post
    correct
    + 2

Black & Black
    2001 Firehawk & 2002 WS-6

Few things for you, since he may have figured the first was a win, even if it was just a fly-by, he may have been in the wrong gear for the second time you got door to door. If the G35/350Z's have 300 stock it is just barely. Someone told me the new ones have something like 305 horses. Next, noone mentioned a civic. This is a tech forum and everyone has an opinion so try not to take it so personally. Also all f-bods came stock with an intermediate pipe even my 2 Ram-air LS1's, just FYI. Also you and 3 friends is a lot of weight to add to your car unless y'all are really skinny and they are rather large that is a few hundred pounds extra for you to accelerate. My personal opinion is the LT1 would probably beat them stock for stock. The LS1's do walk them pretty good. And the 3.4 and 3.8 would probably get walked by a little. If he wasn't ready you might have pulled a bit on him and if not for the truck pulling out he would have walked you down eventually IMO. My sister has had a 3.4 and a 3.8 so I have driven both. While not pieces of crap I just don't think you would have enough to hold him back, especially with the weight disadvantage you gave him. If you want to consider it 1 kill - 1 death it is kinda a moot point. Me I would find him again and let the third tie breaker be the deciding factor. Either way have fun.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS

Agreed. While a LS1 should pull on a G35 pretty easily, their stat sheet does show them to be easily capable of a 14.2 - 14.5 quarter mile at 99 - 100 mph. Zero to sixty should be in the 5.8 - 6.0 ballpark, which is considerably faster than a 3.8L Firebird. On paper, the G35 shouldn't have had any trouble pulling on you, however we don't race on paper. Perhaps he was in the wrong gear, got a bad jump, had a brain fart, etc...

mid blue
    99 m6 z28

no the 3.8's aren't nearly as crappy as the 3.4's.

Pewter, and Black
    2001 Firebird, 2002 TA

Quote Originally Posted by 2001hawk View Post
    Few things for you, since he may have figured the first was a win, even if it was just a fly-by, he may have been in the wrong gear for the second time you got door to door. If the G35/350Z's have 300 stock it is just barely. Someone told me the new ones have something like 305 horses. Next, noone mentioned a civic. This is a tech forum and everyone has an opinion so try not to take it so personally. Also all f-bods came stock with an intermediate pipe even my 2 Ram-air LS1's, just FYI. Also you and 3 friends is a lot of weight to add to your car unless y'all are really skinny and they are rather large that is a few hundred pounds extra for you to accelerate. My personal opinion is the LT1 would probably beat them stock for stock. The LS1's do walk them pretty good. And the 3.4 and 3.8 would probably get walked by a little. If he wasn't ready you might have pulled a bit on him and if not for the truck pulling out he would have walked you down eventually IMO. My sister has had a 3.4 and a 3.8 so I have driven both. While not pieces of crap I just don't think you would have enough to hold him back, especially with the weight disadvantage you gave him. If you want to consider it 1 kill - 1 death it is kinda a moot point. Me I would find him again and let the third tie breaker be the deciding factor. Either way have fun.
    I didnt take it personally. I just said the way yall made it sound, it made my car sound like a piece of crap. I added in the Civic to emphasize how slow y'all made mine sound. ill keep it a 1 kill-1 death. I'll try and find him again and have a camara this time. Thanks for the opinion
    Last edited by innerchi89; 05-14-2007 at 07:02 AM.

Pewter, and Black
    2001 Firebird, 2002 TA

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight02 View Post
    Agreed. While a LS1 should pull on a G35 pretty easily, their stat sheet does show them to be easily capable of a 14.2 - 14.5 quarter mile at 99 - 100 mph. Zero to sixty should be in the 5.8 - 6.0 ballpark, which is considerably faster than a 3.8L Firebird. On paper, the G35 shouldn't have had any trouble pulling on you, however we don't race on paper. Perhaps he was in the wrong gear, got a bad jump, had a brain fart, etc...
    Yeah, there is nothing guaranteed in a race. Thanks for pointing out every thing that could go wrong in a race, instead of instantly saying NO Way you pulled a G35.

HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar
    listen to me very carefully i dont care what you say...but a 3.8 fiebird (with three friggin people in it) will not, can not, and did not pull on a g35....your comparing a mid 15 sec car with an added 250-400lbs vs. a low 14 sec car with one person....its like tellin me a stock civic killed a ls1
    01 m6 z28 - lid / lt headers / 3' ory w no cats / flowmaster catback w 3' dmh e-cutout / nelson pcm tune

Thread Information