Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am

Killed a buch of crappy mexican drivers

Hey all, I went down to Tuxapan Mexico for Easter (My GF has family over there.) so we had a good time etc.. and on the way back today it was around 3AM i had about less than half a tank about about 3/8, well i was naive engough to pull up to a gas station there, and the attendand started filling me up, and asked me where are you headed? so i tell him home. he then cuts me up at around 5 liters and he said he was all out. i think to my self okay... then he charged 85pesos(about 8.50) so i gave him a ten. as i was paying him i see a Prelude, and explorer and a Fierro? its was an old pontiac two door. the drivers got on them and took off, so i get back in the car fire her up and leave, a coule miles north off Highway 2 i see that same white explorer on the side of the road with the flashers on. This highway is a two lane road. so then as i approached him. I then see the backup lights come on and the prelude was right next to him. My GF shrieks as she sees that truck backing on to us, the moron didnt see us or (dont want to spoil it) did it on purpose so i jump on the oncoming lane (there was no traffic durnig this hour) and pass him i was doing around 65MPH so then i see the prelude take off and get behind me, then the exploerer accelerates. again i made nothing off it untill they all got close to me and one of them turned on his highbeams and left them on. so thats when i started sweating, , it went on like this untill i was comming up to about 45 Miles to the border, so thats when i executed!!! I slow down to about 40, thats when they probably thought i ran out of gas (remember the attendant cut me off) so the exploreer creeps from behind and the prelude attempts to pass me and the Fierro was behind the lude, so as they approach I wated untill i saw the driver's face, at this time my girl was shaking she didnt want to say anything, but i could see the fear in her eyes. and i was shooked too, so i as i made eye contact with the driver (this all happend very fast as he was going to attempt to cut me off or block me. so then floored it I hear my rear tires chirp and my gf saying Ohh Sh*t, i got about 15 cars on em when i let off the throtle at about 95, so they still follow i say... enough i take her about 137 and all i just saw was their lights then nothing. about 10-15 minutes later my luck would be that the International Bridge Colombia was opened!!! so i bust a right and went in there, told the guard why are they open so early? he said because Laredo was backed up. so i thanked him and he said are you okay? because my GF was still pale i told him what had happened. and he was all No Shit? i was yep. He then said you got lucky, imagine if you would of ran out of gas. I said that might be possible. but i never let my tank fall bellow half when I take a road i dont know. He said good strategy, so where are you headed i tell him San Antonio, he then said, is she going to be okay, i asked her she just wouldnt talk but just nodded. I said she'll be fine, the Immigrator just said go on ahead didnt even asked for an ID. but at the second inspection it seems they were waiting for me because they asked her, how you feeling and she said fine then they carded us, which was okay, and then they proceded to ask what are you carrying etc... i was empty but our clothes. we then stoped for some coffe at the loves, then we got back to SA at around 5:50 this morning, all in all, i would still call it a kill, even though it was more of an attempt to rob me, but it can qualify because "full throttle was involved" sorry for making it so long, thank you for reading.

Monterey Maroon Metalic
    2000 Z28

That's nuts. I wonder how often that happens. Probably would have car jacked you or worse. Very glad to see you got out of there okay but it pisses me off that it happened in the first place.

Black
    2000 Trans Am

Probably a good thing you didnt run out of gas. That would have sucked big time!

NBM
    99 TA

F body saves the day yet again.

Just think if you were driving some ricer - you'd be fucked

Pewter
    2002 T/A WS6

This is were keeping your gas tank with plenty of gas and owning a fast car come in handy. I've been chased before too (but I wont talk about that in your thread, wont hijack ), extreme rush but always glad when it's over and it went well. Glad to hear your story had a good ending!

My 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6... ASC# 1244 ... Born on June 23, 2001

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by KyleLs1 View Post
    F body saves the day yet again.

Just think if you were driving some ricer - you'd be fucked
    lol yeah thank god, and Plus 1 that i knew that road already, but this was the first time i pass it at night. and I know this has happened to more people, when i used to live in CA, there was a strip from Hermosillo, Sonora all the way to Mazatlan, Sinaloa, people there were getting robbed, carjacked and one guy got killed because one of the bandits wanted to rape their daughter. and what sucks is that the cops are part of it. but now thanks to the japanese they built toll roads, and thants to President Fox they got Federal Police watching over the roads there now. i wish they would do that to the road i took.

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by fluke View Post
    This is were keeping your gas tank with plenty of gas and owning a fast car come in handy. I've been chased before too (but I wont talk about that in your thread, wont hijack ), extreme rush but always glad when it's over and it went well. Glad to hear your story had a good ending!
    go ahead i want to hear about it, was this in mexico too? and wth my luck this is the second time this has happened to me, the first was when i was traviling with my parents, same country diffrent state, but the first time we were pulled over. then we just took off as they were getting closer. the first time there were about a pack of 15 asking for some help, my dad didnt buy it and got all of us in the turck and booked it.

Monterey Maroon Metalic
    2000 Z28

Hurraquio, you carry right?

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by hoss 2000 z-28 View Post
    Hurraquio, you carry right?
    if by carry you mean a gun? then yes however the only times that its in the car is when i go to basspro or hunting; and they are illegal in mexico, if they catch you with one even with a CHL they willthrow your ass in jail for 10 years.

Silver
    2003 GTI 1.8T :(

thats an awesome story... but im glad everyones alright... especially that your american muscle was able to save your girl

Monterey Maroon Metalic
    2000 Z28

Seems like you should have the right to defend yourself in that kind of environment. I'm sure your girl is worth all the extra trouble, be careful and keep her safe.

What cracks me up about this thread is that everybody reading it is not talking about the "race" or whatever but the B.S. that happened. It's a great read, don't get me wrong. Just seems like something that should be posted in "Almost Anything Goes."

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am

race wise that lude was pretty fast i think it could of been modded, but not fast enough

Red
    2001 SS (M6) #4581

I had a similar encounter several years ago here in N. Texas late at night in a Camaro. Crappy car passed us and we just thought he was trying to race or something cuz we were in a Camaro and let him go. When he got in front of us we noticed his rear window was completely painted over grey and he had both tail light covers removed. When he hit the brakes they were like high beams blinding us. He started slowing way down trying to block us from passing and thats when we realized there was another car right on our ass mirroring the car in front. We managed to get around the guy on a 2 lane road and at 140 he was just a dot in the mirror before long. Pretty scary stuff.

Red
    1999 Pontiac Trans-Am

Quote Originally Posted by ss_caramo View Post
    I had a similar encounter several years ago here in N. Texas late at night in a Camaro. Crappy car passed us and we just thought he was trying to race or something cuz we were in a Camaro and let him go. When he got in front of us we noticed his rear window was completely painted over grey and he had both tail light covers removed. When he hit the brakes they were like high beams blinding us. He started slowing way down trying to block us from passing and thats when we realized there was another car right on our ass mirroring the car in front. We managed to get around the guy on a 2 lane road and at 140 he was just a dot in the mirror before long. Pretty scary stuff.
    wow scary stuff...this thread is creepin me out lol

Red
    02 camaro Z28

Long Live The LS1!!

let the F-Bodies roll jimmybling31's Avatar

white
    94 camaro z28

on my way to mobil I had somthing like that happen to me and my gf. the end to the story was nice though. I ended up passing a gt500 at 155mph and then he thought I was trying to race him. oh well we ended upi going to 150 together and playing around. I surprised him a little bit with my old car I think. lol

pewter
    2002 Trans Am

little off topic but where is SA are you from?

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am

I live 2 miles outside of 1604 by medina. off of US 90

Mexican-American Muscle
    i dont know if its just me, but doesnt it seem funny that the attendent only filled you up so far? maybe he thought you were on empty and was actually working with the other idiots in the other cars to try to make you stop somewhere deserted to do God knows what to you, but its a good thing you made it back safe, and agreed LS1 ftmfw!

Awaiting Activation

Pewter Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6 D1SC

Quote Originally Posted by 02blackbirdws6 View Post
    i dont know if its just me, but doesnt it seem funny that the attendent only filled you up so far? maybe he thought you were on empty and was actually working with the other idiots in the other cars to try to make you stop somewhere deserted to do God knows what to you, but its a good thing you made it back safe, and agreed LS1 ftmfw!
    Thats what i was thinking too.

Thread Information