Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kill Twist

Silver
    2003 GTI 1.8T :(

Kill Twist

So many threads about what you have killed, but those lists get way too long with everyone on here owning an ls1. I'm interested in hearing stories from times you got killed. What stories have defeated the almighty ls series engines?

Silver

bump... come on people

Monterey Maroon Metalic
    2000 Z28

Okay, I was destroyed on the highway by a yellow LS2 Goat. We were both doing around 60 when we lined up and his M6 crushed my non-downshifting A4... He definitely had full exhaust, maybe a cam. His car looked and sounded fantastic. All I had was Flowmaster cat-back and drop-in K&N at the time. He had to know I was an A4 after that run, he didn't even bother to slow down to line up again after I let off at around 100.

Black
    01 Camaro SS

Only time I got stomped on was in my Impala when it was pretty much stock. Some dude in a old subaru w/ a S/C on it. Played w/ me then would go flyin by once it spooled up. Today things would be a little different.... Never really been beaten on the road. Now the track, thats a different story. I've been blown away by several 11 second cars.
    96 Imp SS- 12.74@103, 1.74 60' out of fuel

06 AWD TB SS- 12.58@106, 1.76 60'

01 Camaro SS- Totaled

Silver

good stories, keep em coming, i got womped by some trans am i had seen before sitting outside a local shop call RPM in lewisville, texas... this guy has a procharger and what looked to be a fully built engine with nitrous and all... i seen under his hood before... so many things done to that, he probably covered twice the distance i did in that race, n e idea who it is?

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by hoss 2000 z-28 View Post
    Okay, I was destroyed on the highway by a yellow LS2 Goat. We were both doing around 60 when we lined up and his M6 crushed my non-downshifting A4... He definitely had full exhaust, maybe a cam. His car looked and sounded fantastic. All I had was Flowmaster cat-back and drop-in K&N at the time. He had to know I was an A4 after that run, he didn't even bother to slow down to line up again after I let off at around 100.
    nondownshifting?

2005 GTO M6 Black
    2000 Z28 A4 Red

My best kill story was not in my Camaro but in a 69 Nova with a 350 comp hi energy 268 cam and a few other things. Pulled up behind a Venom 550 Gen I Viper(yes this was a while back). Never heard of it at that time and next ligh go beside him revved on him. They laughed at me (2 fat guys in it). I was about 10 busses behind within about 4 seconds. Read in a mag what the Venom was later.

LS1 deaths- Only one on the street a Fox body (don't know what year just know it was the pre 94 kind. Don't know what he had for mods but know for sure he had a big cam and headers (sounded great at the stop light thumpida thumpida thumpida). He got me by about 4 car lengths.

Most embarrasing death was a little dodge colt at the track. It was gutted had a turbo motor out of a Eclipse with larger turbo with the exhaust comming out the front bumper. Complete drag car under hood was nothing but engine turbo and a few wires. Slicks No alt etc. I left him at the line cut an almost perfect light .005 was still ahead by the 8th. By about the 1000 he was beside me and he nosed me out on the finish 13.3 to 13.1. I was mad I got beat by the little 4banger until I saw him in the pits and realized it was a drag only trailer queen. My revenge cam later as we left I pulled beside him on the highway revved and left him as I drove home.

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

my friends cobra kicked my ass all over the road. He made 618 to the wheels. I asked him to go from a stop thinking he cudnt hook as well. After about 20 ft i hear a distinct sound of a s/c. Sounded like a fucking fire engine and he blows by me. We went on 78, and same result. O well, cant win them all. Plus i dont know a lot of guys xcept him running 10.85

Silver

Both darn good storys
    and slim, its ok to lose to a 4 cyl... if he has to trailer it off and u drive off, we all know the true victor there
    rajiv, everytime i get womped by a s/c car i just think.. how would this end if i had a s/c

Monterey Maroon Metalic
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by ATCharming View Post
    nondownshifting?
    Well, it did drop from 4th to 3rd but the tach was not in the power band since all of my gears are pretty tall (2.73 rear end and all). I'd like my chances from a dig against a 6 speed but on the highway I'm toast. I'd love to have an A6 put in, does anybody know if that's possible?

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Quote Originally Posted by rajiv1998 View Post
    my friends cobra kicked my ass all over the road. He made 618 to the wheels. I asked him to go from a stop thinking he cudnt hook as well. After about 20 ft i hear a distinct sound of a s/c. Sounded like a fucking fire engine and he blows by me. We went on 78, and same result. O well, cant win them all. Plus i dont know a lot of guys xcept him running 10.85
    Rajiv1998, what part of Jersey are you in man? I hit 143mph on 78...awesome stretch of highway! (except now they have to much construction going on)

I was stomped by "EE1983", and expected it! His Evo8 is truley a non-rice, azz-woopin machine. From a roll & a dig it was like I was standing still. I think everytime I leave Rt. 37 I always jump on eBay when I'm get home for more Mods...

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

im in central jersey, i race in etown sometimes, but am starting to go to island. Iv seen u on NJFBOA.org, im a member there but dont go there that often. There forum is kinda slow and my username there is 98bandit. But rajiv1998 is my username on every other site

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Quote Originally Posted by rajiv1998 View Post
    im in central jersey, i race in etown sometimes, but am starting to go to island. Iv seen u on NJFBOA.org, im a member there but dont go there that often. There forum is kinda slow and my username there is 98bandit. But rajiv1998 is my username on every other site
    Yea, I'm on LS1tech, FuelSlut, & some others.

QUICKMFNSILVER
    2004 GTO

i found myself at a stop light with a yellow lotus... gave the guy a nod..he started burning up his tires while we were still at the light...im like ohhh shit here we go... turned green jumped off the line like fukn formula 1 car..he was off and never looked back... those things are supercharged and about 1300lbs lighter than my beefed up sunfire aka gto...

Blue
    99 Z28

"my beefed up sunfire aka gto..."

LMAO

Silver

Quote Originally Posted by GetSome04 View Post
    i found myself at a stop light with a yellow lotus... gave the guy a nod..he started burning up his tires while we were still at the light...im like ohhh shit here we go... turned green jumped off the line like fukn formula 1 car..he was off and never looked back... those things are supercharged and about 1300lbs lighter than my beefed up sunfire aka gto...
    i saw a nice little lotus today but did not have the liberty of racing it... those things would be fun to drive tho in a go kart kind of way

mid blue
    99 m6 z28

I got walked but a supposedly 500 hp supra from a 70 roll, but it was cool bc we were on our way back from the track where he couldn't manage to beat my measly 12.9 that night I beat him 2-0 from a dig.

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Quote Originally Posted by stevegrizzle View Post
    I got walked but a supposedly 500 hp supra from a 70 roll, but it was cool bc we were on our way back from the track where he couldn't manage to beat my measly 12.9 that night I beat him 2-0 from a dig.
    Probably major traction problems on the Supra's part. I've seen one spin all the way down the track when he was pushing 800hp.

Silver

Quote Originally Posted by stevegrizzle View Post
    i got ass raped by a supra fittin that descrip... i was pushing about 155... he was pushing at least... 180... ouchhhh

red
    2000 WS6

Back when I had my 85 Camaro with a 358 pushing 400 hp (at the crank), I raced my friend's 67 Dodge Dart. He had bought it with a hot 440 in it. At the time I was diehard Chevy and was sure I would toast him. Didn't really factor in the power to weight ratio there... he spun off the line and I was ahead until I hit drive (full manual TH350). About that time he came from behind and FLEW by like he was passing me on the highway. The next time we raced he hooked up better and it had to be a 12 car length asswhupping. If nothing else it taught me to respect other brands. I got

Thread Information