Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: kia rice

let the F-Bodies roll jimmybling31's Avatar

white
    94 camaro z28

kia rice

ok so this guy in a kia rio pulled up to the lot I was at tonite. he said he had a big shot of nitrous in it. He showed me and it really had it. I was like well that is the most unique thing I have ever seen. he said it would blow my doors off. I asked if he knew what I had and he said no but I know it's slow and then I pointed it out and he laughed. we went on the bridge and ran from a 40 roll. I was trying to video tape the whole thing for a funny rice kill video, but the race was so much of a murder the guy in the car with me never got anything usable. I mean by the time I hit 90 I had about 30 car lengths on him maybe more. then of course a buddy of mine had to fly passed me in his supercharged 02 mustang gt. that would be a no contest against him though. he was supposedly blocking for me though. it was crazy though. he gave me a ricer excuse that his clutch was slipping.

I'm waiting a month or 2 for my race I really want against an import. dude named billy is building his 200sx that he says will destroy my z28 with only a 125 shot of nitrous as far as power adders. I don't think that 4 cylinder can produce 210na to be able to create the power it would need with that nitrous to beat me. I can't wait to destroy him. I'll have what I'll need to beat him by the time he is done. I'll have 340hp when he's done. I got the parts on order already.

Awaiting Activation
    sounds like the kia driver was a total moron! What parts did you order for your car?

white
    94 camaro z28

Quote Originally Posted by 99blueZ View Post
    sounds like the kia driver was a total moron! What parts did you order for your car?
    conical valve springs, 1.65 roller rockers, long tubes, ory, and then im getting it professionally tuned after the parts are on it. this summer the heads will be worked on with the le1 or le2 package. right now I'm just trying to be able to beat a basic ls1 with my lt1. I figure it'll take 330hp to beat a stock ls1 taking into account the weight difference caused by the aluminum engine v the cast block of the lt1.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by jimmybling31 View Post
    conical valve springs, 1.65 roller rockers, long tubes, ory, and then im getting it professionally tuned after the parts are on it. this summer the heads will be worked on with the le1 or le2 package. right now I'm just trying to be able to beat a basic ls1 with my lt1. I figure it'll take 330hp to beat a stock ls1 taking into account the weight difference caused by the aluminum engine v the cast block of the lt1.
    have u been to Brainard drag strip yet ?

white
    94 camaro z28

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedAddict38 View Post
    have u been to Brainard drag strip yet ?
    yeah. pre those parts though. when I was actually getting traction I was getting 8.6 with a 1.8 60' when I wasn't getting traction(the last time I was there) I was running 8.84 with a 2.0 60'. when I get these parts on I am expecting to run 8.5 or 8.4 depending on how well it reacts to it the mods. I think the 1.65's are gonna be the big determining factor really. I think that will help alot get my lift up to .499 intake. that would be just about the max my heads flow at stock. The conical springs will help with moving mass and allow for me to raise the lift at all. When I do the le1 or le2 I want to be in the 8.3 or 8.2. (i'm putting some sub-frame connectors on sometime soon too)

pewter
    ws6

wow

white
    94 camaro z28

Quote Originally Posted by ubnsmkd View Post
    wow
    wow to what?

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

HAHA Nice death man!!

200sx?? HAHA thats going to be another funny rice kill!! When you get your heads installed and fully tuned hit me up! Ill Bring the 240 down to brainard! Maybe I can run a few of you from on here! Although I don't wanna embarrass you guys too much J/k

the 1.6 60' is going to be critical for you, If you can pull that you should get it down to a 8.3 if not more with a few more ponies pushing it. You running any kind of drag radial?

white
    94 camaro z28

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper101 View Post
    HAHA Nice death man!!

200sx?? HAHA thats going to be another funny rice kill!! When you get your heads installed and fully tuned hit me up! Ill Bring the 240 down to brainard! Maybe I can run a few of you from on here! Although I don't wanna embarrass you guys too much J/k

the 1.6 60' is going to be critical for you, If you can pull that you should get it down to a 8.3 if not more with a few more ponies pushing it. You running any kind of drag radial?
    you'll embarass me. I'm not gonna have my car fully set up for a little while though. I need a few days to get my heads set up and I don't know when I'll have the time to do it. I'm gonna need to completely pull off my heads to do it. I need to get them cleaned up and slightly shaved to get all the power out of it I can.

I will be running radials sometime in the near future. right now I just have some sport tires on it. I get traction because of upgrades on my rear suspension from having to replace half of it 2 weeks after buying the car (bad blowout story)

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

Well don't feel bad. Im going to be another few weeks getting mine back on the street. Then prob another month or 2 before I get my switch to propane going. So I won't be but about a second faster than you for now. Hoping to hit the 7 flat on the propane!

Good luck on the heads.

Were is a good Dyno at around here? I have been recommended to A-Z performance. Any experience there?

white
    94 camaro z28

Well don't feel bad. Im going to be another few weeks getting mine back on the street. Then prob another month or 2 before I get my switch to propane going. So I won't be but about a second faster than you for now. Hoping to hit the 7 flat on the propane!

Good luck on the heads.

Were is a good Dyno at around here? I have been recommended to A-Z performance. Any experience there?
    no I haven't been there but I have heard good things about the dyno, not so much the work there.

you will dominate with a swapped 240 in most crowds. an rb25 is a sick motor all around

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

The Guy that done my machine work on my motor recommended them, That who he uses.

I would like to tune my car myself, But i don't know anything about the propane A/F mixtures so it would be hard for me to get it right. I guess ill have to trust them.

Im going to make a pass before and after the fuel switch, But im only running 10lbs of boost at the moment, when I go to propane im going up to 15, If I had a bigger turbo I could run 25 easy and still have more motor.

Its funny when I run in crossville b/c No street car will line up against me, only full blown drag cars. I finally had a TT zo6 vette line up and I got him by 3 cars.

I did have a built supercharge s-10 beat me by a car! It was an awesome race. Everyone says the turbo inline 6 doesn't have any torque but I jump almost everyone out of the hole by a full car. Thats without the launch control.

Here is the s-10 video: http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoID=15035130

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

The Guy that done my machine work on my motor recommended them, That who he uses.

I would like to tune my car myself, But i don't know anything about the propane A/F mixtures so it would be hard for me to get it right. I guess ill have to trust them.

Im going to make a pass before and after the fuel switch, But im only running 10lbs of boost at the moment, when I go to propane im going up to 15, If I had a bigger turbo I could run 25 easy and still have more motor.

Its funny when I run in crossville b/c No street car will line up against me, only full blown drag cars. I finally had a TT zo6 vette line up and I got him by 3 cars.

I did have a built supercharge s-10 beat me by a car! It was an awesome race. Everyone says the turbo inline 6 doesn't have any torque but I jump almost everyone out of the hole by a full car. Thats without the launch control.

white
    94 camaro z28

I can't see the vid because of my browser not liking myspace tv. lol. oh well i'll check it out some other time. I have never see cars running on propane before. how does it work?

Arrest Me Red
    1999 Trans am

You bought roller rockers with basically no other mods?

white
    94 camaro z28

Quote Originally Posted by Crmartin99 View Post
    You bought roller rockers with basically no other mods?
    no with almost full bolt ons. and the roller rockers bring the lift up to where the heads are flowing at the max they can without being ported. I'm gonna get the le1 package at the beginning of the summer so I can get more flow out of them. I did read about it before I bought them. I did use some sense before I bought them.

I do have other mods already, the parts I ordered aren't all I have. I have the K&N fipk2, smooth elbow, edelbrock throttle body, had it tuned, and I already own a lm1 exhaust system I just haven't put it on yet. I'm waiting til I have the headers on and doing it at the same time.
    Last edited by jimmybling31; 03-09-2008 at 06:43 PM. Reason: added seccond paragraph for clarification

Arrest Me Red
    1999 Trans am

Right. You probably should have waited till you got a cam, but thats cool, we'll run em when you get all your crap together. See if you can hang this time. don't get your hopes up haha JK

white
    94 camaro z28

Right. You probably should have waited till you got a cam, but thats cool, we'll run em when you get all your crap together. See if you can hang this time. don't get your hopes up haha JK
    I'll try to hang. you broke 8.5 last time though. I will see how it does when I get everything on. I think it'll be pretty nice. When I get drag radials on it I expect it to do alot better. I wasn't able to get traction at all last time I was there.

Arrest Me Red
    1999 Trans am

yep, probably gonna have traction issues this time, so i'll have a aircompressor out there this time. Looking to run 8.4's all day and break in the 8.3xs. I should because the only thing i had last time was a catback. Now i've got lid, ported MAF ported TB, EGR delete, and the "free ram air" crap done.

white
    94 camaro z28

yep, probably gonna have traction issues this time, so i'll have a aircompressor out there this time. Looking to run 8.4's all day and break in the 8.3xs. I should because the only thing i had last time was a catback. Now i've got lid, ported MAF ported TB, EGR delete, and the "free ram air" crap done.
    see the time before last I was running 8.6 all night because I was getting better traction. last time I couldn't get off the line

Thread Information