Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

Talking I killed my own car...

Well, I've been having a problem with a slight vibration from the rear of Nymphadora under cruising conditions, so my diagnostic process included observing the car from the outside while it was driving, so I enlisted a friend to drive Nymphadora while I observed from my MazdaSpeed3. After I had watched my car for some time down the highway (with no problems found ), we turned back to my house. When we got off the highway, my friend (who was behind me on the off-ramp) decided he would try to pass me as we merged onto the road to my house. I saw what he was doing (and heard Nymphadora as he downshifted to 2nd), and punched it as he came next to me. He pulled on me till he had to shift to 3rd. He then proceeded to pull the ultimate fail and miss 3rd. I laughed my ass off as I watched him shift into 4th and try to make up the 4 or 5 cars I had pulled on him as a result of his epic failure. When we got back to my house, he was dead silent as I laughed at him. After I assured him that I wasn't mad that he over-revved my baby he joined in my laughter, but I will never let him forget it as long as I know him

Black
    1999 Trans-Am

lol thats cool, alot of us dont get a chance to run ageinst our own car. he must be a really good friend.

It would of been an ass beating if some eles tryed racing my car with out permission then overreved it on top of that.

Awaiting Activation

Black
    RIP S4 06Tbss

I would have been pissed if someone missed a gear in my car besides me......Idk what the differance is but I would still be pissed haha.

Cayenne Red, Pewter
    '97 Z28 1LE #53, '02 WS6

Nice kill, but your friend shouldn't be racing your car if he can't drive properly. A missed shift could result in a blown motor.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Well ill be racing my own car with in the next couple of days, my 94 LT1 with exhuast cut out, flowmaster, K&N Fipk, TB bypass, 4.10's vs my 01 Z28 with an SLP lid my other mods are not yet installed on my 01. Both 6speed cars so hopefully my friend driving my 94 Z doesnt miss any gears and makes it a good one, lol.

Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by NorthwoodDavid View Post
    lol thats cool, alot of us dont get a chance to run ageinst our own car. he must be a really good friend.

It would of been an ass beating if some eles tryed racing my car with out permission then overreved it on top of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by 98T/Aformula. View Post
    I would have been pissed if someone missed a gear in my car besides me......Idk what the differance is but I would still be pissed haha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cayenne97 View Post
    Nice kill, but your friend shouldn't be racing your car if he can't drive properly. A missed shift could result in a blown motor.
    Yeah, he's a good friend, and I know if he breaks anything he'll own up and replace it...besides, breaking something is the best excuse to upgrade

Also, I don't think he's used to my shifter because his '98 Vette has a different feel to it

Cayenne Red, Pewter
    '97 Z28 1LE #53, '02 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by ls1camino View Post
    Yeah, he's a good friend, and I know if he breaks anything he'll own up and replace it...besides, breaking something is the best excuse to upgrade

Also, I don't think he's used to my shifter because his '98 Vette has a different feel to it
    I don't know if spending $3000 on a rebuild is the best reason to mod. But if he's willing to own up to it then that's a very good thing. Just tell 'em don't be missin' no more gears!

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by ls1camino View Post
    Well, I've been having a problem with a slight vibration from the rear of Nymphadora under cruising conditions, so my diagnostic process included observing the car from the outside while it was driving, so I enlisted a friend to drive Nymphadora while I observed from my MazdaSpeed3. After I had watched my car for some time down the highway (with no problems found ), we turned back to my house. When we got off the highway, my friend (who was behind me on the off-ramp) decided he would try to pass me as we merged onto the road to my house. I saw what he was doing (and heard Nymphadora as he downshifted to 2nd), and punched it as he came next to me. He pulled on me till he had to shift to 3rd. He then proceeded to pull the ultimate fail and miss 3rd. I laughed my ass off as I watched him shift into 4th and try to make up the 4 or 5 cars I had pulled on him as a result of his epic failure. When we got back to my house, he was dead silent as I laughed at him. After I assured him that I wasn't mad that he over-revved my baby he joined in my laughter, but I will never let him forget it as long as I know him

dude youre a hell of a friend, but now I accuse you of being a communist! :Chair: j/k

but seriously sharing your car is like sharing your underwear with another guy, thats not right

One time I got so drunk at a family reunion, my dad wanted to drive my TA I refused! that time, I ended up sleeping inside of it. best sleep I have ever gotten.

Hugger Orange
    1999 Camaro Z28

You wouldn't let your own dad drive your car? I have asked my dad to drive my car but he doesn't want to.

Ryan

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan99 View Post
    You wouldn't let your own dad drive your car? I have asked my dad to drive my car but he doesn't want to.

Ryan
    no I do, but that one time I didnt I know Im terrible.

Still The Junior Member RedVertTA's Avatar

Red+White Top and Stripes
    2000TransAmConvertible A4

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by hurraquio View Post
    dude youre a hell of a friend, but now I accuse you of being a communist! :Chair: j/k

but seriously sharing your car is like sharing your underwear with another guy, thats not right

One time I got so drunk at a family reunion, my dad wanted to drive my TA I refused! that time, I ended up sleeping inside of it. best sleep I have ever gotten.
    Dude, its your Dad how could you?
    FAST 90/90, SLP Lid, Kooks JetHot Coated LT's, American Racing Y-Pipe+Magnaflow Cats, DHM Electric Cutout, Flowmaster American Thunder Catback, HP Tuners Software, 343 rwhp.

BMR Convertible Subframe Connectors, Hotchkis Strut Tower Brace, BMR Driveshaft Safety Loop.

Nero
    2006 gto

I know that if I let my dad drive my GTO, id find it firmly lodged up the ass of whatever car he was behind. Driving a 98 Civic like the things got 46" brakes on it isnt the way to convince your son that you're worthy of getting behind his steering wheel. Call me harsh, but that's how it is for me.

OP, did you find out why it was vibrating??

Thread Information