Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

silver & black
    98 Z-28 Camaro

I Got Spanked By A 01 Or 02 Ss!!!

It Was About 10 In The Morning, And Im Just Cruising Along In My 98 Z A4, With Slp Loudmouth Exhaust, And Out My Rearview I See A Camaro Coming Up On Me And At First I Couldnt Tell If Was V6 Or Z Or What It Was. Well When It Got Close Enough I Seen The Ss Hood And I Was Like Hek Yeah. I Really Didnt Know Whether To Try It Or Not, I Figured If He Was Stock It Might Be A Pretty Good Race, Because My Buddy Has 00 Ws6 A4 With Flowmaster Exhaust, And K&n Filter And I Could Hold Him About A Fender Off Of Me. Well We Get To A Passing Zone And He Kicks It A Little So I Run Back Up Beside Him, Were Already Running About 80 So Im In Drive Taching Around 3000 Rpms Or Better And I Hit On It And Instantly He Pulls Hard, Hek I Let Out Of It After He Was 5 Or 6 Cars Ahead Of Me, I Was Thinking What The Hek, No Way It Was Stock, So We Get To Another Passing Zone And Slow Down To 65 Were I Can Kick In 2nd, So I Nail It And Im There For A Split Second And He Does It To Me Again 5 Or 6 Cars. After That I Just Rolled Up Beside Him, Rolled Down The Window And Gave Him Thumbs Up. He Blows The Horn, So It Was Cool, Finally He Turns Off At A Gas Station And Im Dieing To Know Whats Done To It, Come To Find Out Its One Of My Buddies. The Frickin Thing Has ''''patriot Heads, Cam, Lt With Full Exhaust, M6, Dyno Tuned, Cold Air Lid, 100 Shot, No Wonder It Whooped My 98 Z, I Figured On More Time So We Went From A 30 Kick I Pull Her In First And Give It All Shes Got, I Pulled A Car Length, Switched To Second And He Started Pulling And The Next Thing I Know Hes Pulling By Me Like A Rocket, Hek It Sounded Awesome As He Went By Me. He Pulls Over And I Asked Him If He Spinned, He Said No He Was In 2nd 1st Spinned To Bad. I Got Spanked But It Didnt Bother Me, Im Just Glad It Was Another Fellow Ls1.

black
    02 z28

great death !!!

Awaiting Activation
    nice story > good death!

Member A~NICE~CAR~IS~A~NICE~CAR's Avatar

Rally Red/race stripes
    2002 Super Sport

dam seeing as how he is prolly putting down well over 400rwhp it seems like he would have pulled you by a bit more than that! great way to hang tho! nice story! good death!

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

nice death man. at least it was another f-body

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

I got about the same setup, sounds about right. Gud def!
    Heads 'n Cammed, Moser 12, 3.73's, Weight Reduction, 13" Brembo Kit
    BMR track suspension, full exhaust, the works...
    412whp/394wtq 1/4 mile slip coming soon!
    Gone: '01 Laser Red Cobra 3.73's/Full Bolt-ons

silver & black
    98 Z-28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Roastem View Post
    I got about the same setup, sounds about right. Gud def!
    man all i know it is fast, but now it gives me a bigger reason to start building the ol Z-28, now ive got somebody to gun for, but mostly mustangs around here. dont get me wrong i like mustangs but i like to be faster than they are,...the super sport first though

silver & black
    98 Z-28 Camaro

it didnt bother me getting beat by a f-body, mostly because he was cool about it, the way i see it '''win some you lose some'''i just want to win more than i lose.....

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Nothing like a good spanking to get you to spend some money in that Z!!

NBM
    '00 Z28

It turned out to be one of your buddies? How did you not know that ahead of time? Is the car new to him or something?

silver & black
    98 Z-28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by toneloc60 View Post
    It turned out to be one of your buddies? How did you not know that ahead of time? Is the car new to him or something?
    it is actually his buddies car, my buddy loaned his truck to the guy that owns the ss, so they switched out, the boy who was in the ss owns a dodge viper

silver & black
    98 Z-28 Camaro

i tell you one thing roastern, thats all it takes is a good smokin to make you want to build your car, next time hopefully im ready for him i plan sinking some money in the OL Z as soon as christmas is over

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

I got smoked by a fox body when I had stock tires/rims, 4.10's, 325 rwhp.

Got some stickies, put a cam in her, and put that same fox in the rear view at the next meeting.

I didn't stop there, then I put some heads on her poonanny and dropped a buncha weight, now she is wicked fast!

HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar
    he prob wasnt using spray either when he raced cuz it woulda been more than 5 or 6 lengths
    01 m6 z28 - lid / lt headers / 3' ory w no cats / flowmaster catback w 3' dmh e-cutout / nelson pcm tune

silver & black
    98 Z-28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by blackz-lt1 View Post
    he prob wasnt using spray either when he raced cuz it woulda been more than 5 or 6 lengths
    i dont think he was, the thing is about the 5 or 6 lengths he put between us, is i let out because he was still pulling away, its untelling what the distance wouldve been if i hadve stayed in it, i think he wouldve told me if he sprayed it but alot of people around here have spray, but alot spray you and say they never did

silver & black
    98 Z-28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Roastem View Post
    I got smoked by a fox body when I had stock tires/rims, 4.10's, 325 rwhp.

Got some stickies, put a cam in her, and put that same fox in the rear view at the next meeting.

I didn't stop there, then I put some heads on her poonanny and dropped a buncha weight, now she is wicked fast!
    man thats awesome that you come back and beat him bet that burned him up, im thinking on some zr1s 17 9.5 in front and 17. 11 in the rear or im going with pro stars and some nittos or et streets

HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vernon View Post
    i dont think he was, the thing is about the 5 or 6 lengths he put between us, is i let out because he was still pulling away, its untelling what the distance wouldve been if i hadve stayed in it, i think he wouldve told me if he sprayed it but alot of people around here have spray, but alot spray you and say they never did
    with the bolt ons he had alone. is enough to put 5 cars on ya bud....w/o the spray...

sped
    Quote Originally Posted by vernon View Post
    I Got Spanked But It Didnt Bother Me, Im Just Glad It Was Another Fellow Ls1.
    Good attitude to have right there!
    Nice story.

The only thing I couldn't help but wonder the whole time I was reading your story, how much longer did it take to type with capitalizing the first letter of every word? And I'm not even saying that to be a dick.

2000pontiac6
    Quote Originally Posted by sped View Post
    Nice story.

The only thing I couldn't help but wonder the whole time I was reading your story, how much longer did it take to type with capitalizing the first letter of every word? And I'm not even saying that to be a dick.
    I was about to say the same thing hah it was actually kind of annoying to read like that. nice dead btw

silver & black
    98 Z-28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by sped View Post
    Nice story.

i had caps lock on and thats how it turned out when i posted it

Thread Information