Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

i got an education

this is a real old one of mine from last year.

while putzing around in the wife's car one night, a 3.8 v6 camaro all stock tries me. from the light, take off and by 2nd gear i let out. so, him not having enough of that he tries again at about 50 mph. run him through 2nd gear and let out. now, we get to another red light and he asks me if it was a v8. i said yes. he says; oh, i didn't see the second tailpipe. then asks me if i had anything done to it. so, i purge. he goes is that what i think it is?? i said, yep.. then his girlfriend in another car pulls up next to him and says, he beat you bad!!! he tells her; he's got nitrous, SHUT UP!!! and i said i didn't even use it.

(now here's the education part) he says this: if i didn't have the exhaust he would've beat me. i said really??? and he says yep, cause a v6 camaro can beat a v8 pontiac the bad part is, he was serious when he said that. i said; don't think so and drove off.

SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

Didn't anyone ever tell you Pontiac is just the redheaded stepchild of Chevy?

Red
    93 Camaro V6(I know lame)

wow...im almost speechless after reading what that tard said...

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

wow...just wow, how can someone actually think a stock v6 f-bod can beat or even hang with a ls1 He was probably a young guy, only thing I can think of his ricer buddies at school are rotting his mind with BS....or he's just a ignorant ricer in disguise

NBM
    '00 Z28

That's pretty amazing. The salesman at the dealership apparently sold that kid more than just a car. That kid signed for and financed an entire different reality.

As a side note, I raced a V6 Firebird this past fall. He was running a 100 shot and had an A4. I had just watched this kid smoke the hell out of a '05 GTO that had a driver with his head up his ass. Anyway, I was still getting a feel for how to launch my M6 '00 Z-28. So, I kinda babied it off the line seeing as he killed that GTO because the guy just spun them off the line. Well, I had about a half a car on him right off the start. That was until he hit 3 grand in first and sprayed. He jumped out about a car ahead of me. I was able to reel him and beat him by a car by the end of the little more than 1/8th mile road we were racing on. But, it was a hell of a race.

My car was bone stock. But, when you think about it. He was running approx. the same HP and TQ while on the spray. Plus his car was two cylinders lighter. I think what got me the win was the upper RPM power of the LS1 compared to his set up. He really didn't have shit in the upper R's. Plus, he had an A4 which didn't let him stay in his power band as much as me.

My point is, those sixes can be fast. Don't count them out. But, nice kill.

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

takes more money to get them up there though
    98' SS Convertible Camaro-76k-Build # 1471, Cragar SS rims, RK SFC's, MAC Panhard, LSX Tune, Shaner S3,
    SLP:short thro,Strut tower brace,fan switch
    MTI Power induction kit,40 Series muffler,Pacesetter LT's + ORY,12 CD changer,3800lbs
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/787506/1

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

A V6 on NOS? Surprised he didn't shoot off his intake manifold into 1000 pieces tryin to keep up w/ ya.

maroon
    2001 Z28

^the 3.8L series II in the 6'er fbodies is strong, very strong. Go to some of the V6 forums and see the guys runnin 150-200 shots of juice on the stock bottom end. My friend kevin just cammed his 6'er, sounds like a friggin V8 now, no joke !!!! It's fast for 6er, he beat a stang GT up to 115-120 mph he had 1--1-1/2 cars on the stang boy, I/m imperssed, don't count out the 6'er

baconmach
    u have too though because.....nothing can beat an ls1 like distortion said what wassssss he thinking..........i used to run v6's......ur right they can reallly crank...i heard there are actually a few in the 10's a 10 sec v6 is crazy........

Arrest Me Red
    1997 Formula

I saw one thread where a guy bought a V6 fbody and put a supercharger on it.
    His reasoning: It was the equivalent price, insurance was cheaper, performance was equivalent to a stock V8, and it was a sleeper.
    Whatever floats your boat, I guess.

baconmach
    tell ya what it sux when u get beat by a v6 blown or not......if u want a camaro/bird as fast as an ls1...a blown v6 aint a bad route .....i guess....hell of a lot cheaper too....

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

i find it more intriguing when someone does more with less.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

NBM
    '00 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 01mmmz28
    ^the 3.8L series II in the 6'er fbodies is strong, very strong. Go to some of the V6 forums and see the guys runnin 150-200 shots of juice on the stock bottom end. My friend kevin just cammed his 6'er, sounds like a friggin V8 now, no joke !!!! It's fast for 6er, he beat a stang GT up to 115-120 mph he had 1--1-1/2 cars on the stang boy, I/m imperssed, don't count out the 6'er
    No offense, but I've never heard a 6 that sounds like an 8. When people say one does it makes me think they don't know much about cars.

6's have always, and likely will always put out a 'hollow' sound.

Didn't there use to be a mod here that had a 12 second V6? I think that was his username.

maroon
    2001 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by toneloc60
    No offense, but I've never heard a 6 that sounds like an 8. When people say one does it makes me think they don't know much about cars.

6's have always, and likely will always put out a 'hollow' sound.
    well then go find a V6 w/ a cam, headers and catback and then come talk to me.........check yourself.

In fact I will ask him to join, post the video of his exhaust so you can eat your words. because I guess I don't know shit about cars.

HASTINGSRJ is a friend also and he has heard it in person, if he sees this post he will tell ya it does.

White
    Chevy Camaro

What's up guys..... I'm the one with the V6 that 01mmmz28 is referring to. I just got the cam put in so of course I don't have a good video yet. And I just sent the pcm off to tsp to get it tuned so I can't go out and make a video for you. I'll make one and post it up as soon as I get it back though.

Now I know my car is a V6 so you won't hear me talkin trash to an LS1. But at an idle my car does sound more like an 8 than some of the 8 cyls. we hang out with. Rev it up and yes... it's definitely a 6 cyl. But it does sound pretty mean at an idle.
    I'll let you hear it though. Just give me a few days.

maroon
    2001 Z28

http://media.putfile.com/Ya-thats-a-v6-bitches

not 01 rallysports car, but he got the same cam as this guy.

do you need any salt or pepper on those words when your eating them?? maybe a cool drink to wash them down??

Arrest Me Red
    1997 Formula

Would it be possible for this thread to recall the goal of this forum:
    F-body muscle, out to prove that we drive real cars, not those rice burners or Found-On-Road-Dead drivers that think they own the road.
    Also recall that the stock V6 used to give the Mustang GT a run for its money. A souped-up V6 will certainly trounce it.
    Personally, I respect someone who hot-rods a V6 just as much as an LT-1 or an LS-1.

maroon
    2001 Z28

^exactly....well said. I like it alot more when people hook-up a 6'er, makes a good little sleeper. there are a couple V6 gran prixs at our local track, one runs deep into the 12's....I don't like the closed minded people that think that only the LS1 is god and that they rule the roads, that is why I like all of our fbody siblings, RS, Z28, SS, T/A, WS6, formy.......they all get props from me.

White
    Chevy Camaro

^Well put my man! We're all on the same team.

Thread Information