Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    In need of another LS1 00blacktransam112's Avatar

Black
    2000 Pontiac TA

i actually raced a cool mustang kid

I left a local car show a few months back following an 03 stang out. it looked really good for a stang and it had a nice growl. i followed him for about a mile and then we ended up at a light together. we rolled down our windows and i asked him if he wanted to go. he said "no, you'll beat me." i told him that it would be fun anyways. so then the light went green. he launched it and i rolled it just to give him a fair chance. by the end of second he was like 1 1/2 cars ahead of me, just because i let him jump on me. by the end of third we were nose to nose and by fourth i was about 3 lengths ahead. now at this point we were rollin about a buck ten in a 50 mph zone. so i let off and he caught up to me. at the next light we both had a red. the kid was really cool and he told me that his brother had the same car. we went our seperate ways.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

cool kill, atleast he wasnt a typical mustang owner and once in a while you run into those types of people.

black
    2002 firebird trans am

finally a cool mustang owner haha

Red
    2001 ws6

ive run into PLENTY of cool mustang guys, nice kill

Black
    2000 Pontiac TA

i run into more a**hole mustang guys than cool ones

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by basballny2 View Post
    Same here. Can only think of a few that were DB's. Car guy/gals usually are cool. We all like the same hobby.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS

lol a good friend of mine that i graduated hs with has a drop top 50 with heads cam and intake and he talks so much junk... his car is currently not running.. but his mouth still is haha

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

Quote Originally Posted by Maro SS View Post
    his car is currently not running.. but his mouth still is haha
    LOL, now THAT'S funny

Black
    2000 Pontiac TA

gotta love bench racing. i mean ive raced guys that are cool with losing and guys that suck at losing. im have no problem with losing to a faster car, there are always gonna be faster cars. but i raced an EVO one time. the guy was being a huge douche and i shut him down in a 30,50, and 65 rolls and after taking a serious beating he had the nerve to say "i only havta do one thing to my car and i'll beat you". I can't stand ricers

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by 00blacktransam112 View Post
    gotta love bench racing. i mean ive raced guys that are cool with losing and guys that suck at losing. im have no problem with losing to a faster car, there are always gonna be faster cars. but i raced an EVO one time. the guy was being a huge douche and i shut him down in a 30,50, and 65 rolls and after taking a serious beating he had the nerve to say "i only havta do one thing to my car and i'll beat you". I can't stand ricers
    You may have beat him, but I will tell you what he said is partly true none the less them evo's can be nasty, but if I were to have one it would be a mr. But I know what you mean. I was casually driving along while I was at home on leave noticed this newer gt mustang coming up pretty quick on me, so I did a quick 4th to 3rd rolling at about 40 or so, and walked hard on it. Come to find out it was a pretty damn hot chick driving her boyfriends mustang, and he got so damn pissed off after we pulled over and started to talking and found out that it was stock started blaming it on his girlfriends driving, needless to say she went home with me that night haha.

Black
    2000 Pontiac TA

Quote Originally Posted by bluehawk2000 View Post
    You may have beat him, but I will tell you what he said is partly true none the less them evo's can be nasty, but if I were to have one it would be a mr. But I know what you mean. I was casually driving along while I was at home on leave noticed this newer gt mustang coming up pretty quick on me, so I did a quick 4th to 3rd rolling at about 40 or so, and walked hard on it. Come to find out it was a pretty damn hot chick driving her boyfriends mustang, and he got so damn pissed off after we pulled over and started to talking and found out that it was stock started blaming it on his girlfriends driving, needless to say she went home with me that night haha.
    ya i know that EVO's can be nasty but im assuming he was talking about putting a bigger turbo on because frankly, a CIA and exhaust wouldnt have done the trick. and in the same aspect i could bolt the same turbo on to make it fair and id still beat him. its a slower car

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

i run into more a**hole mustang guys than cool ones
    It's quite possible that some Mustangs owners have the same opinion of some F-body owners. Like you. And they'd be just as right.

Know what I mean?

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Quote Originally Posted by BLKCLOUD View Post
    It's quite possible that some Mustangs owners have the same opinion of some F-body owners. Like you. And they'd be just as right.

Know what I mean?
    mazda owner go home.

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

, a CIA and exhaust wouldnt have done the trick
    Boost will... and depending upon how much money he's got, he could whistle the shit out of it, just praying to beat you, thinking oh well if he blows it up so long as there's enough green paper on the line. I have no clue what mods you've got on your car, but I've heard Evo's are like GNs were back in their day. With $1200, they're almost retarded fast

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by basballny2 View Post

Black
    2000 Pontiac TA

Quote Originally Posted by MrMasterCraft View Post
    Boost will... and depending upon how much money he's got, he could whistle the shit out of it, just praying to beat you, thinking oh well if he blows it up so long as there's enough green paper on the line. I have no clue what mods you've got on your car, but I've heard Evo's are like GNs were back in their day. With $1200, they're almost retarded fast
    my car is only has loudmouth exhaust, lid, FTP ram air, and a smooth bellows for performance and a few suspension mods. GN's are nasty but i dont think its fair to compare a Mitsu POS to a Buick GN. thats like comparing apples and lettuce.

Black
    2000 Pontiac TA

Quote Originally Posted by BLKCLOUD View Post

Know what I mean?
    i know alot of f-body people. and i knew them before i had one (so i had an unbias opinion at the time) and i agree that some people can be a***oles but more than not, they are great guys who understand that if you lose, they were faster than you. IMO most mustang and import guys think that it was unfair that my pretty much stock car just smoked their POS turbo Honda or Mitsu or their 99 gt mustang with all this shit done to it. then they have to make some remark to make themselves feel better about losing and say it wasnt fair for some reason. its BS and they know it. the point is you lost and thats the end of it. I've lost my fair share of races but i never got all pissy about it. you shake hands and go on your way while trying to calm your adrenaline down.

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

Mazda owner.....

i know alot of f-body people. and i knew them before i had one (so i had an unbias opinion at the time) and i agree that some people can be a***oles but more than not, they are great guys who understand that if you lose, they were faster than you. IMO most mustang and import guys think that it was unfair that my pretty much stock car just smoked their POS turbo Honda or Mitsu or their 99 gt mustang with all this shit done to it. then they have to make some remark to make themselves feel better about losing and say it wasnt fair for some reason. its BS and they know it. the point is you lost and thats the end of it. I've lost my fair share of races but i never got all pissy about it. you shake hands and go on your way while trying to calm your adrenaline down.
    Oh. Wow. Thank you for enlightening me with that totally unbiased, educated, and obviously highly-experienced opinion. Somehow I missed all of that over the years, and if you hadn't of figured it out over the...what...3 years or so of driving and racing and socializing that you have obviously done (and then set me straight), I might have gone on thinking otherwise. Wow!

PS: Stereotyping is your friend.

No no, really.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Come on guys, there are d-bags that drive all cars. There are f-body owners on this forum that are just complete d-bags. Some of my best friends are mustang owners, great guys just a little mixed up as to what a good car/engine is lol.

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

Nope. Mustang drivers ***holes (on average), F-body drivers cool (on average), Mazda owners not allowed (at least not this one).

Got it. I've been set straight!

Thread Information