Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

black
    1999 Trans Am

how can i beat a goat

theres this guy that lives around me that just bought a new GTO m6 and thinks he's the fastest guy on the planet and wants to race me for money for some reason. i have a 99 TA m6 thats basically stock, i know i can't beat him from a stop but can i get him on a roll, and if i can whats a good speed and gear to start in , maybe i can shut his ass up

no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 z28

Quote Originally Posted by blackbird33 View Post
    theres this guy that lives around me that just bought a new GTO m6 and thinks he's the fastest guy on the planet and wants to race me for money for some reason. i have a 99 TA m6 thats basically stock, i know i can't beat him from a stop but can i get him on a roll, and if i can whats a good speed and gear to start in , maybe i can shut his ass up
    go from a dig (stop), you have better chances if its an 05 and up.

black/blue/red
    2007 C6Z/2006 C6Z/2006 C6

Dude, throw some hay out in front of him and we all know goats will stop in their tracks for that!! j/k Go get him.

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

Quote Originally Posted by C6 Z06 View Post
    Dude, throw some hay out in front of him and we all know goats will stop in their tracks for that!! j/k Go get him.
    lmao just racem and see what happens......

Blue
    99 Z28

Just don't miss a shift. Maybe get some sticky tires (if you dont already have them. And who knows, maybe he will spin/miss a shift/etc. There's really only one way to find out.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

just drive straight.

Black
    2004 GTO

Go from a dig. If he just got the car,he probably hasn't gotten the hang of it yet. The M6 Goat is kinda tricky to launch.

Black
    99 SS

its a drivers race truly, i have seen a stock 04 gto beat an 05 by half a second at the track

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

that would be a good race as it stands. is he a stick or auto. get a lid and catback and you'll have a better chance

Quote Originally Posted by blue02Z View Post
    that would be a good race as it stands. is he a stick or auto. get a lid and catback and you'll have a better chance
    a new GTO m6
    M6 = 6 speed.

drivers race

Not that I dont know what it means, but why do people say "dig?" Where did "dig" come from? What happened to the word "stop?"

Black
    99 SS Vert M6

I'd say spend a little and put him down good. IMO there are two ways to go about doing this. The "stealthy way" or the "LOOK AT ME NOW MF way".

Stealthy = LS6 intake, Ported TB, Crank Pulley, Lid, Catback, and Dyno Tune. This way after you woop on the heavy hay eater you can tell him all you got is a catback and lid. Assuming he knows nothing of a 99 F-body stock intake. Don't forget to do some weight reduction for the race. Estimated price= $1400( I estimated on the high side)

LOOK AT ME NOW MF = Cam Kit, Heads, Longtubes, Pulley, Lid, True duals/catback, LS6 intake, Ported TB, and Dyno Tune. You'll definitely need some suspension mods here too like a Torque arm, LCAs, SFCs. He may not even want to race you after hearing your car chop chop by his house. If he does then you'll beat him down and that will either force him to spend more to keep up after he's already spent $30k or except defeat for awhile. Meanwhile your estimated cost for all of the above items = $5k. Leave the heads out and drop down anywhere's from $1k-$2k.

Our situations are not that different. My neighbor across the street has a 06 GTO auto. My neighbor down the street has a Cobra. I get along with both of them. However, nieghborhood bragging rights are nice to have and you don't have to brag that much. I'm getting my 99 SS updated as I write this with the LOOK AT ME NOW MF package minus the heads at this time. GTO M6 will probably beat you right now. Come at him after a few mods.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS

As many of the others have stated, for the most part, this is a driver's race. Stock for stock, the GTO has a little more upside potential, however that may be somewhat mitigated by the fact that they are pretty tough to launch from a dig. Hopefully you're the better driver and that will prevail.

As an alternative, you can slap on a few basic mods (lid, catback, ported TB, LT headers, etc.) and that would probably give you a slight edge.

Black
    87 GN

It would seem to be a heads up event. At the track, it seems to me that stock LS1 F bodies have no problem running in 13.30-.50 range. And unless they don't know how to drive them, most of the 05-06 GTO's I see are running slightly slower! They are heavy pigs of cars afterall.

HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Car Song Guy View Post
    It would seem to be a heads up event. At the track, it seems to me that stock LS1 F bodies have no problem running in 13.30-.50 range. And unless they don't know how to drive them, most of the 05-06 GTO's I see are running slightly slower! They are heavy pigs of cars afterall.
    05-06 goats runnin slower than 13.5?? lol yeah than theyyy really dont know how to drive them...an "average" driver of a ls2 goat runs low 13's all day...a good driver is in high 12's
    01 m6 z28 - lid / lt headers / 3' ory w no cats / flowmaster catback w 3' dmh e-cutout / nelson pcm tune

Impulse Blue
    2006 Pontiac G.T.O.

2006 impulse blue G.T.O
    Iron Block 408
    Cam
    Pacesetter ceramic coated L.T.s
    LMII exhaust
    K&N CAI
    Ported TB
    Custom Tune
    FAST 90
    ZEX 125hp wet shot

Black
    87 GN

No time for juvenile arguments. I was just saying that the couple times I went to the track this last summer (at sea level), there were about a half dozen guys and they were in the mid 13's. I'm sure they are capable of running faster than that. It seems most stock LS1's I've seen over the years and when they were new, ran pretty easy 13.30 to .50 on the average. I have no doubt that GTO's are capable of running as fast as faster. Happy?

Black
    87 GN

Come to think of it. Seeing as I only have a wimpy 6 cylinder Buick to compare to....

Is everyone in agreement that stock new gen GTO's will crush stock FBody LS1's all day long?

one of my friends has a stock 06 a4 gto and another has a 99 t/a a4 stock they raced from 20-100 and the gto had him by maybe a car and a half not much i say grab a lid and exhuast and that would be a pretty even race

Thread Information