Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: harleys suck!

blue,blue
    00 z-28 m6, 06 H3

harleys suck!

i assume that the southern mustang has more respect for a f-body that in other regions. so far i have only ran a few lts, ls-1, and now two hogs. the last was a 20 something on a fatboy. he came up beside me to let me hear his exhaust. then he spead off. so i gave chase. i pull beside him running around 80 in 4th. as so as we are even him stomped it. he just pulled a little and a second after i was even again by the end of 4th i had him by 3. as i hit the brake to slow he did the import fly by. at the next light he smile as if he showed me so i asked was it a honda. he just turned his head and turned left.
    LS7 clutch,01 slave,Corsa 3" stainless exhuast,drilled/slotted rotors + ceramic pads,160 thermo,Mti clear lid,msd 8.5 wires & Ngk plugs...more to come!
    www.cardomain.com/ride/2311455

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

prolly smiling b/c he had a good time.

Lemans Blue
    06 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by dipherentdesign View Post
    agreed

Black, Blue
    07 TBSS, 07 GSXR1000

Hell I never minded and most people around this area don't mind running or being run by a Harley. My 04 Heritage run mid 13's in the quarter with pipes, k&n filter and a little tune to compensate. Not bad for a big heavy bike. Not a rice rocket but looks a whole helluva lot better.

Harley's fucking RULE!
    324hp/333tq

silver
    02/SS/M6

Yes harleys are sweet, but for the price i'll pass....The harley i'd want would cost as much as my SS..... CBR929RR for me, (cheap & fast) just not as relaxing

Black
    '05 Ninja ZX-10R

Oh man... this is one of my quirks about to come out. It's not cool, I should accept that everyone rides what they want to, and as long as they ride, it's cool. I even catch shit about it with other sportbike guys...
    I know I shouldn't say this. I feel bad doing it. But it's coming out.

I hate Harleys. I look down on them as a national disgrace.

For a long, but very good paper why, american angst gives a very well defended and explained reasoning for this position. A little dated, but still good. http://www.goingfaster.com/angst/noharley2.html

For the short of it, it's like this. As a motorcycle, these bikes are literally completely inferior in every measureable way. No exaggeration- pathetic levels of power, pathetic skidpad numbers, fuel efficiency, every last thing. When compared to the competition, there is not a single thing these bikes do well. A level of crappiness that unfathomable in a modern product. Even going into subjective things, they're not even particularly smooth or comfortable to ride. Reports of terrible build quality and constant break-downs. And compounded with being overpriced. Harley does not sell bikes, they sell an image. A corporate, licensed, mass-manufactured image, complete with official jackets, wallets pants, key chains, cigarette lighters watches lunch boxes.... and so on.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I'd have to fall into the "hate them" category myself. Not because they're not fuel efficient or anything like that. I hate them because I live in the country and have to listen to the damn things go by every weekend all weekend. I know the loudness is what gives most harley owners hard ons but when you have groups of 10 or more bikes going by at 60mph all weekend it gets annoying after a while. I open my cutout up everytime I'm around one to drown them out.

AzureMach
    I just sold my 02 Harley Softail recently. I really loved riding that bike. It was 1450 cc, 88 ci. It had pipes, k&n, and rejeted carb. They are not fast. At 80 mph I would not have raced a quick car. These bikes have a terrible top end, but they have torque and a decent low end grunt. I do agree with the image thing, but damn that thing sounded good when riding and put a smile on my face. People that have not owned a Harley may not understand though. By the way I'm not some grungy old biker.

Impounded

Silver
    02 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by dipherentdesign View Post
    It is akin to riding a Harley...a good smile when bugs can't make it in your mouth

Red face

i own 2 harleys and an 02 ws6. best of both worlds . when i was 30 i didnt understand the harley life style .but now it is a good one at 38.one day you kids will understand . there is nothing better riding a harley wiyh a bad ass looking woman on the back ,heading to galveston or whereever makes you happy. most people on this site probably have bad credit or cant afford a harley so they ride a used 2000 dollar crotch rocket just to say they have a bike . i see them all the time 21 year old pimply kid , 17 year old gf, riding 110 down the freeway .no helmet you get my drift.owe bye the way it is an overpriced ,overrated , bike but only by the jealous who wish they could afford one.ive ha d 2 ninjas . major pieces of overrated shit .try to get warranty work done on one of those pieces of crap good luck to ya
    Last edited by REEDV; 07-04-2006 at 09:25 PM.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by REEDV View Post
    i own 2 harleys and an 02 ws6. best of both worlds . when i was 30 i didnt understand the harley life style .but now it is a good one at 38.one day you kids will understand . there is nothing better riding a harley wiyh a bad ass looking woman on the back ,heading to galveston or whereever makes you happy. most people on this site probably have bad credit or cant afford a harley so they ride a used 2000 dollar crotch rocket just to say they have a bike . i see them all the time 21 year old pimply kid , 17 year old gf, riding 110 down the freeway .no helmet you get my drift.owe bye the way it is an overpriced ,overrated , bike but only by the jealous who wish they could afford one.ive ha d 2 ninjas . major pieces of overrated shit .try to get warranty work done on one of those pieces of crap good luck to ya
    What a dick. No need to put people down just because they don't like the same things you like. I think out of all the 21 year olds on here you're probably the most immature person I've seen post.
    ps
    I'm 36 and would put my credit rating against yours any day of the week. I own a GTO, f-body, 4x4, durango, 2 campers, and a house with land. Does that make my opinion worth more than anyone elses on here? Nope. Just relax and let people have their say without belittling them.

you own an 04gto . sux to be you no wonder your mad.

silver
    02/SS/M6

trust me if i wanted one i'd have one. Good credit here, just not ready sit back and relax. Fine ass women look just as good on the back of a rocket, and they have to hold on. 125 hp at the wheel here......in a stock harleys dreams. like you said, maybe later in life my feelings toward them will change but not now! and hey as long as your riding something, more power to ya

silver
    02/SS/M6

oh ya and 2k for a rocket maybe for 1992 ninga 250

your right dude 125 rwp on a harley is a dream maybe 80 on a good day.at least you catch my drift. but this asshole orion got all offended by my comments . it must be demographics. he is probably from kentucky or some back woods area campers ,durangos ,land ect ect.04 gto geeez . i lost my ass on both my ninjas. garage kept, perfect i sold my last one for 3000 and it took 3 months .600 ccbike 02 model 4000miles
    Last edited by REEDV; 07-04-2006 at 10:26 PM.

silver
    02/SS/M6

ouch, just sold my 02 cbr 600 f4i for $6500 last year...he wanted it really bad. So i picked up a 01 929RR for 6k

Black
    '05 Ninja ZX-10R

No, I wouldn't want one for free. It's underpowered, slow, uncomfortable, unreliable...even Harley lovers can't contend these points... it's junk. It's difficult to comprehend the level of crappiness when a product is literally inferior in every measureable way. Roll that around in your head for a bit. Completely inferior in every measureable way! It's almost an uncomprehendable level of crappiness. All Harley owners say is that ppl just wish they could afford one, they can't even stick up for the bikes on their own merit? Lol! Hey, I've got a pristine green 89 hyundai to sell you. It's $89,000. It's unreliable, pathetically weak, and the suspension is shot. But you can talk about the green hyundai lifestyle and when people tell you you're stupid for buying it, you can say they're just jealous and wish they could've afforded it haha. The official hardley mindset right there.

Harley life style...bunch of old guys having mid-lifes who want to play badass. Harley is a fashion accessory, ridden by people too dumb to have bought a real bike. Sorry, but after you buy a Harley you're still the middle aged, out of shape dentist/accountant you were before you bought one. Yeah, even when you go to galveston slathered in your official harley temporary tattoos, fake beards, official hardley purses jackets lunchboxes wallets walkers and hemmroid creams to hang out with other posers. That's the harley lifestyle. And it's hysterical you talk about safety. Sportbikers come in gear with full face helmets. I'm sure your official hardley bandannas and half-helmets protect real well in a crash right? hahaha.

i personally love the sound of harleys so to each his own. I do agree that its something that kind of grows on you the older you get. Ive had crotch rockets but the next bike i get will definitely be a Harley. To you guys that say they are all slow, guess you havent heard of the Destroyer Its 165 HP and runs mid 9's through the 1/4 mile straight off the showroom floor.

silver
    02/SS/M6

I just knew that bike would get brought up....and for $31,250 it better suck and fu(k you too!!!

Thread Information