Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

GTP strikes again

Going to work this morning at about 0530 I had a Nissan Altima SER and Acura TSX fly past me. I was doing about 80-85mph and they were booking it (maybe 110-120). I turned the A/C off and floored the accelerator to try and catch them. I hit maybe 140 before I caught them and did my flyby. I held it there for about another mile before letting out. They then flew past me and kept going like nothing had happened

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Nice! Series III?
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    Nice! Series III?
    No, Series II (L67) w/ 3.4 Pulley (12psi), Headers, Downpipe, Stock Exhaust, and CAI...ran a modest 13.7 @ 99 and has topped out at 151mph

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ls1camino View Post
    No, Series II (L67) w/ 3.4 Pulley (12psi), Headers, Downpipe, Stock Exhaust, and CAI...ran a modest 13.7 @ 99 and has topped out at 151mph
    Sweet..! What year? Ever think about a stroker setup? What headers you running? If ya don't mind all the ?'s...

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

A/c turns off at wot (at least in new cars automatically).
    And keep it in your pants smittro

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    Sweet..! What year? Ever think about a stroker setup? What headers you running? If ya don't mind all the ?'s...
    2000...some pics:

New Hood:

I'm trying my best to avoid the mod bug on this one, because she is my DD. She has eBay Stainless Headers...I think they're not made anymore, I may be wrong...picked them up off of Craigslist for $50.

If someone would give me $10k, I could make it run low 10s and still be a modest Daily Driver...

Stock cubes...Ported Heads, Blower Cam, Injectors, Intercooler, Meth Injection, Ported S/C, LS1 TB/MAF, 2.6" Pulley, Full Exhaust, Built Tranny, maybe some Nitrous (75-100 shot).

Reason for keeping the 3.8 and not going to 4.2 is because tuners are having a hard time getting the computer right for it. Also, the stock 3.8 is a tough little motor...there are guys pushing over 20 pounds of boost through the stock blocks/internals.

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    Yeah, I know, but it's a force of habit, because when I le off i kicks back in, and if I want to stop a ricer fly-by, I need to have all of my power ready to get back up and go again.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

2000...some pics:
    Click for full size

New Hood:
    Click for full size

I'm trying my best to avoid the mod bug on this one, because she is my DD. She has eBay Stainless Headers...I think they're not made anymore, I may be wrong...picked them up off of Craigslist for $50.

If someone would give me $10k, I could make it run low 10s and still be a modest Daily Driver...

Stock cubes...Ported Heads, Blower Cam, Injectors, Intercooler, Meth Injection, Ported S/C, LS1 TB/MAF, 2.6" Pulley, Full Exhaust, Built Tranny, maybe some Nitrous (75-100 shot).

Reason for keeping the 3.8 and not going to 4.2 is because tuners are having a hard time getting the computer right for it. Also, the stock 3.8 is a tough little motor...there are guys pushing over 20 pounds of boost through the stock blocks/internals.

Yeah, I know, but it's a force of habit, because when I le off i kicks back in, and if I want to stop a ricer fly-by, I need to have all of my power ready to get back up and go again.
    Congrats on avoiding the mod bug

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

Can't help it..
    Congrats on avoiding the mod bug

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

2000...some pics:
    Click for full size

New Hood:
    Click for full size

Sweet!

SOM
    2002 WS6 M6 - 461hp 406tq

I had a 2000 GTP, sold it for my WS6. I loved that car...ran a 13.9 with PCM, 3.4 pulley, CAI, and cat - back. Wish I would have held onto it and let my wife use it as her DD.

Impounded

VW BEETLE W/ FLOWER
    88 CRX

before my tech days and before my TA i had a S/C monte carlo...all i knew was boost = more power.

so i got the smallest pully i could possibly find..which was a 2" put an exhaust and a handheld hypertech 2 programmer set it too 100% shift firmness and a super awesome CAI. ran like a friggin jet..for about a week. beat almost everything i raced (as far as 13+ second cars/trucks go.
    then raced a altima SE-R with nitrous..raced and heard a BOOM! thought it was him until i noticed my speed rapidly dropping lol
    lesson learned...dont mess with boost unless you know what your doingXD
    traded the car in a week later got 16K trade in and bought my TA smoked like hell idled like hell...misfired like hell..told them it was cammed! and needed tuning!

01 modded gtp

Quote Originally Posted by TmaxicanA View Post
    before my tech days and before my TA i had a S/C monte carlo...all i knew was boost = more power.

so i got the smallest pully i could possibly find..which was a 2" put an exhaust and a handheld hypertech 2 programmer set it too 100% shift firmness and a super awesome CAI. ran like a friggin jet..for about a week. beat almost everything i raced (as far as 13+ second cars/trucks go.
    then raced a altima SE-R with nitrous..raced and heard a BOOM! thought it was him until i noticed my speed rapidly dropping lol
    lesson learned...dont mess with boost unless you know what your doingXD
    traded the car in a week later got 16K trade in and bought my TA smoked like hell idled like hell...misfired like hell..told them it was cammed! and needed tuning!
    haha that sucks about the monte knock is a bitch

Thread Information