Thread: GTP......killed

down with the lot lizards blackhawk01's Avatar

Red
    2001 Camaro SS A4

GTP......killed

Okay this actually happend a couple of days ago. i was pulling into the local corvette shop to go look for parts and this GTP revs at me as im in the turning lane...I couldnt turn this down, so I drop it into 1st and catch up to him..hes in the turning lane making a left and eyeballing me.

im eyeballing him too because i know im about to whoop his ass. Light turns green and we both take the turn slowly..he merges into the right lane and im in the left lane. We both floor it and it doesnt take the LS1 NO time at all to pull in front of this guy...by 2nd gear im already 3 cars on him EASILY.. Fun race..i told the guy to pull over so i can see his car (it was a new GTX or something like that..i know i said it was a GTP). He said something about it being sent to SLP or something ..not sure about that though...cool guy, thought my car was awesome

Red
    1999 Pontiac GTP

Quote Originally Posted by blackhawk01 View Post
    Okay this actually happend a couple of days ago. i was pulling into the local corvette shop to go look for parts and this GTP revs at me as im in the turning lane...I couldnt turn this down, so I drop it into 1st and catch up to him..hes in the turning lane making a left and eyeballing me.

im eyeballing him too because i know im about to whoop his ass. Light turns green and we both take the turn slowly..he merges into the right lane and im in the left lane. We both floor it and it doesnt take the LS1 NO time at all to pull in front of this guy...by 2nd gear im already 3 cars on him EASILY.. Fun race..i told the guy to pull over so i can see his car (it was a new GTX or something like that..i know i said it was a GTP). He said something about it being sent to SLP or something ..not sure about that though...cool guy, thought my car was awesome
    If it was a GTX it was a GTP that was sent to SLP to have some appearence and performance mods done to it. Not much was done on the performance end though I think it was just exhaust and a minor pulley upgrade. If he hasn't modded beyond the GTX package he wouldn't have a chance. They do look nice though.

Nice kill.

Red
    2001 Camaro SS A4

okay...yeah it was an awesome looking car..just wasnt sure if SLP really did take the GTP's and turn them into GTX's...hell ide drive one for a daily

Red
    1999 Pontiac GTP

I'd like to get the SLP hood and spoiler for my car but under the hood is more important to me than exterior mods.

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

Good kill, there is a GTX here in town a 17 year old girls drives...her plates says "Racer 90" I seen her BF get on it once and it didnt look any more imressive than a stock GTP.

83 Z28 new project
    98 Formula WS7-sold:(

I had a 00 GTx back in the day before I sold it to my sister, after they are modded like mine is, watch out, because my formula puts down 364 to the wheels and I cant beat that car, dontt lose by much though.

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

Quote Originally Posted by 98formy View Post
    I had a 00 GTx back in the day before I sold it to my sister, after they are modded like mine is, watch out, because my formula puts down 364 to the wheels and I cant beat that car, dontt lose by much though.
    Can you not drive?!? With your "hp numbers" you still shouldnt loose to a highly, highly modded gtp/gtx

Red
    1999 Pontiac GTP

Quote Originally Posted by hutch1999 View Post
    Can you not drive?!? With your "hp numbers" you still shouldnt loose to a highly, highly modded gtp/gtx

A highly highly one could take a TA with those numbers. If it's just plain highly modded it doesn't have a chance.

Define "highly highly"JK

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

Quote Originally Posted by slowgtp View Post
    A highly highly one could take a TA with those numbers. If it's just plain highly modded it doesn't have a chance.

Define "highly highly"JK
    lol, Highly modded GTPs put around 300 to the wheels dont they? From what I have read on other forums that takes more than just a pulley, exhaust, and tune.

Red
    1999 Pontiac GTP

Quote Originally Posted by hutch1999 View Post
    lol, Highly modded GTPs put around 300 to the wheels dont they? From what I have read on other forums that takes more than just a pulley, exhaust, and tune.
    Yeah it takes quite a bit to hit the 300 WHP mark. Most at that level are intercooled, cammed and headers with a small pulley. Then when you get into the bigger cams guys start hitting mid 300's to 400. Mine is running 310...probably more but I had belt slip. I did run a TA that dynoed with our car club. He put down 330 WHP to my 310 but at the track a few weeks later I beat him by more than a second. He was running street tires to my DOT's but that doesn't make up a second. Our cars have good low end torque and are quick in the 1/4. Top end the blower looses efficiency and you LS1 guys wave bye bye. Although I have beeten a few TA's on the top end, I'm not exactly stock.

Its a 4 door vette bitch! JOHN_DEERE_LS6's Avatar

Black Raven/Ebony cowskin
    2005 Cadillac CTS-V

and i havent fucked with a gtp since chris lmao....... i put her upa few weeks back now after a really good detail job.... still plotting my redemption for you tho...... gm high tech performace articles are aiding me with your dimise!! lmao
    1999 Trans Am M6 330rwhp 343ft/lb, slp long tube headers, hi flow cats, loudmouth exhaust, slp lid, ceramic clutch, pro 5.0 shifter, slp hood, 20% tint, 18" z06 rims black.. security system: KIMBER CDP II .45

2002 GMC Seirra short box Z71 BOSS 20's

2005 Cadillac CTS-V

Red
    1999 Pontiac GTP

Quote Originally Posted by John_Deere_LS1 View Post
    and i havent fucked with a gtp since chris lmao....... i put her upa few weeks back now after a really good detail job.... still plotting my redemption for you tho...... gm high tech performace articles are aiding me with your dimise!! lmao
    Sounds good man, I have some things to get done as well. I couldn't run my smaller pulley because of belt slip and my tune sucks. So I will be a bit stronger next spring once I get that figured out. There isn't much more I can do at this point short of spending huge dollars. I'l do my best but I know the potential of an LS1 so I know it wouldn't take much to beat me. I'm still up to the challenge though.

If I lose I'll have to get the GN runnin....we all know how those run

Black
    2000 Grand Prix GTP

Nice kill...

I don't consider mine to be highly moddified. I did run a 12.4 @ 110 before the intercooler went on. Just haven't had time to get it to the track since installing it. Would be nice to hit 11's, but it will have to be a perfect day at the track.

Randy
    S1X Cam/ZZP S3 IC/N*/Gen V/S&S Headers
    12.42@110.03 with a 1.74 60 Before IC
    12.46@114.3 with a 2.062 60 with IC

Red
    2001 Camaro SS A4

when i get another raise at my job i want to buy a DD...im actually considering a nice little GTP

Black
    2000 Grand Prix GTP

Don't laugh, but I have been thinking about buying an LS1 to have as a DD.

Randy

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

Quote Originally Posted by 00 GTP Debadged View Post
    Don't laugh, but I have been thinking about buying an LS1 to have as a DD.

Randy
    lol thats cool

Red
    2001 Camaro SS A4

nothing wrong with that man! welcome to the good gas mielage V8s lol

Life in the Fast lane sunsetorangess's Avatar

Met. Sunset Orange
    01 SS

Those Gtp's can be monsters, I knew a guy that had a 97, did some heavy modding, Forged motor, Ported blower, yada yada, On pump gas he was running Low 10's all day long. Still was his DD.
    2001 SS, Its not the car its the Driver that matters....

Thread Information