Thread: gti 1.8t

bright red
    1993 z28 camaro

gti 1.8t

i dont know why but a mk iv gti, thats the generation before the current one i believe, 1.8t dont know mods if he had any... he looked like he had stock exhaust. but anyways he baited me into a race... well we caught a light together so he didnt have to do much baiting cause that almost never happens out of the blue like that.

so the light goes green he reacted quick and i guess i fell asleep at the light, when i finally reacted i got into it too deep and burnt up my balding tires and got sideways i had to get totally out of the gas, giving him a huge jump, he was probably 4-5 cars out on me from the light, but i gave chase anyways catching him by 70ish, where we both had to kill it because of traffic. since i didnt pass him and he hit the brakes first as we caught the traffic i guess i have to give him a win i hate to say it but its true.

so now i'm pissed i couldnt believe i got such a ****ty start but as luck would have it we caught the next light about a mile and a half later. it was actually the light for the police station lol but there were no cop cars in sight so we go. this time when the light turns green i'm alert and we leave at the same time, this time i ease into the throttle dont spin and restored the order to the world by giving him a good spanking by about 1-1 1/2 bus lengths to 80ish when i let out cause the outcome was decided. i have to say that 1.8t is quicker than i thought maybe he was chipped and or intake it looked and sounded like a stock exhaust

my car is a 93 z28 a4 hooker catback, qtp cutout, k&n cai, vortec elbow, high flow cat, tb bypass, tb airfoil, rk sport ss hood

Awaiting Activation

Pewter Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6 D1SC

Nice Kill! Yeah those Gti's are pretty quick but not much competition over all. I got into a quick little go fast race with one that happened to be rolling in a lane over from me and he stuck with me for a sec but i had him in no time.

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Life is grand w/ out turbo lag...
    I'll be posting plenty on this section once my car is done...:::sigh:::

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

way to redeem yourself on the second one good kill, hes probly on his GTI forum right now saying he beat you on the first run and you probly sprayed on the second one, lol

02.LS1 Anniversary Issue

dark purple/chameleon
    anniversary 02 camaro LS1

nice>:_) i think that its a good thing that you made a come back and showed that you eat imports and shit rice!!.:_)

Red
    2001 Trash Can

Had 2 guys (one in a brand new GTI and one in the next year series down) rev at me on my way home form work in the summer, minding my own business. The older one looked pretty modded and the new one stock. They got F*%K#N OWNED!!! Dead serious, it was a total ass raping! I got off at my exit and I was heading to the local advance auto parts, and they followed me. Thought they might try to start shit, but they just drove by. Woulda been a bad idea considering I had my tools, especially my framing hammer in the car haha.

NBM
    99 TA

Those cars aint shit unless modded bigtime... the vr6 gti's will put up more of a fight but unless any of them are running serious mods (big ass turbo's) they are not much to fear.

BUT: when modded they can be pretty darn quick! My buddy has a VR6 GTI with a big turbo and all the goods, on 3 pounds of boost he would kick my ass, and it is built to run at like 20-25 psi all day long. Serious shit!

bright red
    1993 z28 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by hutch1999 View Post
    hes probly on his GTI forum right now saying he beat you on the first run and you probly sprayed on the second one, lol
    lol i should go on vwvortex and look for the thread chances are your right lol

Red
    2001 Trash Can

Quote Originally Posted by KyleLs1 View Post
    Those cars aint shit unless modded bigtime... the vr6 gti's will put up more of a fight but unless any of them are running serious mods (big ass turbo's) they are not much to fear.

BUT: when modded they can be pretty darn quick! My buddy has a VR6 GTI with a big turbo and all the goods, on 3 pounds of boost he would kick my ass, and it is built to run at like 20-25 psi all day long. Serious shit!
    Hell yea man. I knew a kid with an Eclipse GTS or whatever the letters afterward are, with a turbo, and he thought it was awesome...but it was really slow as shit. He's a little rich boy, so he got his parents to pay for a bunch of work and a bigger turbo, and he would run on something like 23 lbs of boost all the time. Made the car VERY fast!!! Polishing a terd in my opinion lol.

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

Is the Golf the Same thing as the GTI? I raced one with the VR6 with a 07 Eclipse GT and beat the crap out of it. He stayed close until I hit 2nd gear and it was no more farfegnugen for him.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

those 1.8T can be made pretty fast... but it takes alot to get them into the 300whp range... I got a friend who is in the market to buy one that has probably 200whp... he thinks he can keep up with me...

we'll see me posting soon how I got 6 buslenths on him... or something...

Nice Kill btw!

Thread Information