Grudge match..........in my truck :lol:

I use this brown turd mainly for towing and hauling parts so it doesn't come out often. Installed a new GM crate 502 last year so it's actually turned into a really nice running old truck with alot of grunt compared to the old 454. Not something I consider racey and it certainly doesn't look the part, but evidently the guy in the other lane thought different.

Had to run out for parts yesterday so I got this old thing out. Stopped at a redlight next to another newer truck. I didn't pay much attention until he squalled tires and peeled away. I was half heartedly in the gas and my truck was already in second gear before I decided to mat the throttle. (My wife was like "what are you doing" ) By then he was about a truck or two out in front, to my surprise I quickly reeled him in and put about 6-7 lengths on him and shut down.

I slowed up to get a better look as he came by with this disgusted look on his face and it had loud pipes, was a 1500 2WD (1/2 ton) with a V8 so I assume it was a little 5.3 vortec and not the 6.0 version. I have no clue if he had anything else done other than that exhaust system but those are supposed to be peppy little trucks for the small engine.

I'm thinking this 502 runs better than I anticipated, when the weather cools later this year I'll have to hit the track for giggles and see what it puts up.

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

Disgusted look on his face. Good thing his chick wasn't with him. "Baby, see how fast this truck is? I'm gonna show that old farm truck what a real truck is."

I did get an odd look from my wife though Told her I'm just sizing up this new engine to see how it compares dear

98 Formula
    06 duramax

love that old body style of chevy.....I love all the old body styles though. I want a 4x4 version of that lifted with some big ass mud tires on it. With that 502 she'd make a nice stump puller.

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    love that old body style of chevy.....I love all the old body styles though. I want a 4x4 version of that lifted with some big ass mud tires on it. With that 502 she'd make a nice stump puller.
    Old square bodies seem to be catching on as of late. I've always had them because they were cheap to buy. Rather scarce though out in my old neck of the woods. I can't believe how many are still running around out here. If you want a solid one Orion look out here, lots forsale with no rot. Ironically I bought mine out here many years ago, funny I ended up moving here.

Don't think I'd give up that turbo diesel though

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Old square bodies seem to be catching on as of late. I've always had them because they were cheap to buy. Rather scarce though out in my old neck of the woods. I can't believe how many are still running around out here. If you want a solid one Orion look out here, lots forsale with no rot. Ironically I bought mine out here many years ago, funny I ended up moving here.

Don't think I'd give up that turbo diesel though
    They are kinda scarce in the valley. Emissions kills em. Wish I lived up there with you. Lots of coyotes close by, too.

Thread Information