Silver
    2002 Camaro Z28

Got it handed to me!!

Well was on the way home from eating, and I see a yellow LS1 GTO with black rims, so I get behind him on the Interstate to see whats gonna happen. Well I see him hit it while passing some cars and he sounds like hes turbo'ed. So I pull along side me with two other buddies, and he rolls down the window and sure enough I see the gauges and hear the whistle he has one passenger. So we go from a 60 roll and at about 110 (had to let go for my exit) he had about 6 cars on me. So I got it handed to me!!

P.S. I have an 02 Z28 with LM1, and Lid.

To whoever drives the GTO nice ride, and hope we get to do it again when it warms up. If anyone sees a yellow GTO with black rims in this area watch it.

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Atleast you lost to a cousin car I like to call em.
    BTW whats LM1?

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Oh wait that stands for LoudMouth1 exhuast right?

Trans Am owner
    former

yeah, i saw a red gto at my work parking lot that had turbo badging on it. i was pushing carts, so doesn't it figure, for the half hour i am outside waiting to talk to the guy, he's not there. but then 2 minutes i go inside real quick. the car leaves. i didn't even get to watch him leave

damn. it was dark, and it had tinted windows. i couldn't see anything on the inside of the car for proof, like gauges, bosst controllers and stuff.

doesn'tplaywellwithothers superchargedblackgto's Avatar

Black
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by TRAINSLS1 View Post
    Well was on the way home from eating, and I see a yellow LS1 GTO with black rims, so I get behind him on the Interstate to see whats gonna happen. Well I see him hit it while passing some cars and he sounds like hes turbo'ed. So I pull along side me with two other buddies, and he rolls down the window and sure enough I see the gauges and hear the whistle he has one passenger. So we go from a 60 roll and at about 110 (had to let go for my exit) he had about 6 cars on me. So I got it handed to me!!

P.S. I have an 02 Z28 with LM1, and Lid.

To whoever drives the GTO nice ride, and hope we get to do it again when it warms up. If anyone sees a yellow GTO with black rims in this area watch it.
    Southern IN, where, I live in Mt.Vernon, about 15min from Evansville, I have seen a couple yellow GTO in E-ville, but NO whine..
    Brad
    '04 gto M6 slp ceramic coated headers,B&m sport shifter,harrop cover,3.5"aluminum BMR driveshaft, BMR axle stubs, BMR Half shafts, BMR SFC's, loudmouth2 exaust,90mm FAST T/B,Magancharger(high helix upgrade)......other misc. suspension,Cross drilled, slotted rotors. Meth Kit, spraying @ 3psi and up

Silver
    2002 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by superchargedblackgto View Post
    Southern IN, where, I live in Mt.Vernon, about 15min from Evansville, I have seen a couple yellow GTO in E-ville, but NO whine..
    Brad
    I live in New Albany, 10 min from Louisville. He had Scott Co. plates very nice car. I heard the whistling and knew I was in trouble but I enjoyed seeing a nice car. I head to evansville every few months to visit friends at school down there, nice gto. I wanted to go from a dig, cuz i know you all have trouble hooking with the ind. rear suspension. My roomate has an 05 and its tough from a roll but dig he cant hook till 3rd and thats short shiftin 1st and 2nd.

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

That sucks you got killed like they said before least it was ls1 powered.

Just a souped up sunfire. Ryans99LS1's Avatar

SOM
    99 Trans Am

There is a guy who has a twin turbo GTO around me. I think i have seen him once but that was before i knew about it. Id love to see that thing run all out.

Silver
    2002 Camaro Z28

Well I didnt get to talk to the guy, so I dont know if it was twin turbo but it sure didnt take long to distance himself from me. I dont what kinda power im puttin out, but like i said I have an 02 35th anniv. with Loudmouth, Lid, and stock LS6 intake and have LT's, ORY, and tune to do. My roomate has an 05 GTO and we go play every once in a while its pretty tough. Hopefully spring I will get all that done and I should be able to hang if not beat him. By the way anyone know of anyone that will bolt up my headers, and weld my y-pipe? No one will do it without cats, Cincinnati or Louisville area would be awesome!!!!

Just a souped up sunfire. Ryans99LS1's Avatar

SOM
    99 Trans Am

Well the parts you have waiting to be put on will put you ahead of him, at least it did for me. Ive beat and ran faster times than the stock ls2 GTOs ive encountered, not saying its true for all though. Have that stuff put on when you get your car tuned, im sure they will whether it has cats or not.
    Last edited by Ryans99LS1; 01-10-2008 at 02:51 PM. Reason: More Info

Thread Information