Page 1 of 13 12345 ... LastLast

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Got bit...boy did it hurt!!

The other day i was approaching a light on mountain ave and i see a black cobra sitting at the light. I slowly approach him and he revs it a few times, and i rev back letting him know its on. Well i put maybe 2 cars on him by second, but once i was going into third i heard this loud ass whiiiiiinnnnneeee, it sounded like a fucking fire engine and he blew by me as if i were standing still litterally. By far my worst death ever, that blower was SSCCCCRREEEAMING and the exhaust sounded nice as hell. All i saw after 3rd gear was his taillights, "COBRA" written on the bumper and huge rear tires (prolly 295's or so) He was defenatley just playing with me and allowing me to boost up my confidence. Man that hurt, which is why i wanna sell my car even faster to get one. Hopefully everything should work out and ill have one next year by this time. My car is like 90% stock, and he def had to have a pulley and exhaust and god knows what else was under the hood.

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

eh, get heads and a cam, and tune, and you'll be just as fast as a cobra

Pewter
    1999 Camaro SS-M6 #1775

This guy just has Full Exhaust and a 100 shot (and obviously a tune).. vs cobra

1999 Camaro SS/ Pewter/ #1775 - LS1 6-speed - Predator 3 Custom Tune - Pro 5.0 - LS7 Clutch - 3.90's - Koni's - Strano Springs and Sway Bars - SFC's - Full UMI Chassis and Suspension - LS6 Intake PnP TB - ARH LT's and Kitty Ran Away - Magnaflow.

12.6 at 112

http://www.fquick.com/Tyler_LS1

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by ss~zoso~ss View Post
    eh, get heads and a cam, and tune, and you'll be just as fast as a cobra
    Listen i dont wanna sound like a ... but for every one mod a cobra does and LS1 will hafta do 3. With these 4 mods (pulley, intake, exhaust, tune) even an average driver can send a cobra into the 11's. With those mods even the weakest running cobra will make over 400hp, and we al know there is no way an LS1 can do that w/o engine work. Sure a H/C can keep up with a pullied cobra and another few bolt ons, but what are you gonna do once they start porting the blower, change the intercooler and do even more mods, not to mention a KB cobra. Granatelli make coil packs for those cars and they add like 17hp, or so I saw on youtube lol. I dont wanna start a war, but thats how they came from the factory. Sure the LS1 has a more than a litre than the cobra, but the cobra makes up for that with a S/C.

Pewter
    1999 Camaro SS-M6 #1775

Nitrous is a quick fix! lol

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler_LS1 View Post
    Nitrous is a quick fix! lol
    yeah it is, but your risking blowing ur motor up everytime u use it on the stock bottom end, where as the cobra has forged internals PLUS a s/c from the factory so that motor will LOVE nitrous.

Pewter
    1999 Camaro SS-M6 #1775

its all in the tune

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

I understand where you're coming from, but there's always something faster out there... Most people who have Termy's get tired of the S/C and swap em out for a turbo setup. Either way it's still money. You want something faster than an LS1, but what you don't understand is it's all about the preference of the actual car (looks etc.) you're driving man. Good luck tho!

Light Pewter Metallic
    2K Camaro Z28

Forged internals, heads and cam, bigger cubes (LSx) and take a pick (turbo, ProCharged or nitrous)... What KB cobra?

Its all how deep is your pocket. KB kit isn't cheap for cobras so you're not going to run every cobra with KB.

black
    2000 ws.6 m6

Quote Originally Posted by rajiv1998 View Post
    yeah it is, but your risking blowing ur motor up everytime u use it on the stock bottom end, where as the cobra has forged internals PLUS a s/c from the factory so that motor will LOVE nitrous.
    every one has their opinion heres mine,i like the terminators but i wud never sell my ta for one ,its your choice but i love my ta and will always stick to that,good luck on the mustang forums,lol

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

The money your going to spend on a Cobra you can easily mod the hell out of your car or even a new motor if your tired of the ls1. New 408 with a 100 shot, what color was that cobra?

Black
    '91 turbo fox, '97 vette

Honestly, you sound like a troll. Terminators are awesome cars, but so are LS1s. Modifcations are not cheap, but the initial investment in LS1s is cheap by comparison. What does it take to run with a modified Cobra? A modified LS1. Want to lose your money in depreciation or in modifications? It's your choice. It'll all work out about the same, though.

Chris

Black
    1995 Chevy LS1 S10 Blazer

I was a good race for my buddy's 99GT in my Blazer with my 4.3 on squeeze but then the wiseguy had to go out and get a 03 Cobra...so I did what any normal person would do, I went LS1 with the same nitrous kit...still a good race!

Swapped in a 2000 LS1 into a 95 S10 2dr Blazer COMPLETED Aug 6, 2005
    LS6/T56 280Z completed May 2008

Special Thanks to: Haddadmotorsports.com

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Arnold View Post
    Honestly, you sound like a troll. Terminators are awesome cars, but so are LS1s. Modifcations are not cheap, but the initial investment in LS1s is cheap by comparison. What does it take to run with a modified Cobra? A modified LS1. Want to lose your money in depreciation or in modifications? It's your choice. It'll all work out about the same, though.

Chris
    How am i a troll, because i speak the truth? Face it the cobra is the faster car hands down. Modding a car the right way isnt cheap to begin with, so i dont understand what your trying to say. LOL and dont get me wrong LS1's are fast as hell but its not unstopable. As far as value goes, maybe the LS1 is the best bang for the buck to compete with a cobra, but that doesnt mean the LS1 is the only car in the world that will kill a cobra. Depreciation?? Automobiles depreciate the worst in value, and FYI cobras hold their value pretty well, much better than an LS1. I have yet to see a termi with about 50k miles go for anthing less than $20k.

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

sucks you got killed, maybe someday you will get a chance to redeem yourself

1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

Listen i dont wanna sound like a ... but for every one mod a cobra does and LS1 will hafta do 3. With these 4 mods (pulley, intake, exhaust, tune) even an average driver can send a cobra into the 11's. With those mods even the weakest running cobra will make over 400hp, and we al know there is no way an LS1 can do that w/o engine work. Sure a H/C can keep up with a pullied cobra and another few bolt ons, but what are you gonna do once they start porting the blower, change the intercooler and do even more mods, not to mention a KB cobra. Granatelli make coil packs for those cars and they add like 17hp, or so I saw on youtube lol. I dont wanna start a war, but thats how they came from the factory. Sure the LS1 has a more than a litre than the cobra, but the cobra makes up for that with a S/C.
    heads and cam in LS1 can make over 400 to the ground

1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

with a tune of course

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

How am i a troll, because i speak the truth? Face it the cobra is the faster car hands down. Modding a car the right way isnt cheap to begin with, so i dont understand what your trying to say. LOL and dont get me wrong LS1's are fast as hell but its not unstopable. As far as value goes, maybe the LS1 is the best bang for the buck to compete with a cobra, but that doesnt mean the LS1 is the only car in the world that will kill a cobra. Depreciation?? Automobiles depreciate the worst in value, and FYI cobras hold their value pretty well, much better than an LS1. I have yet to see a termi with about 50k miles go for anthing less than $20k.
    Yeah, well if your LS1 car cost 35K new, then it would prolly have had a supercharger on it too and you would smoke 03's all day with a "pulley swap" and other Ford garbage lingo.

I don't get your argument, with money comes speed, whether initial or in mods.

03's are bad ass, but they are BAD on your wallet too. Used 03's are risky business, especially if they are already modded, which means they have prolly been beat down with hard mileage.

Anyway, go get your 03, and join a Ford forum. Till then, I will be laying down Termi's with my LS1. Then yours will be next.
    Heads 'n Cammed, Moser 12, 3.73's, Weight Reduction, 13" Brembo Kit
    BMR track suspension, full exhaust, the works...
    412whp/394wtq 1/4 mile slip coming soon!
    Gone: '01 Laser Red Cobra 3.73's/Full Bolt-ons

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

headers and a P1 or D1 will make 550rwhp all day on a stock LS1 and is still inside of the safety margain.

I tuned a 98 SS with a only a cam, and a home made turbo kit with a 76GTS turbo and it laid down 638rwhp. STOCK BOTTOM. A lot of you will yell "it's not safe, it's not safe!!" .... well, it's been running and raced for 3 solid years at that level. The car traps 138. If you doubt it, goto the top right video on this page and see the dyno video; 3 pulls, 1 at 9psi, 1 at 10psi and the last one at 11psi. http://www.lsxtune.com/video.htm This car has crapped on many a Cobra with aftermarket blower... runs bottom 10s; has enough MPH to be in the 9s if he could get it to 60-foot better.

1998 Firebird Formula WS6

well if you want a termi get one but you know the response you are going to get on this website. you are going to be pissed when this happens to you with your built cobra

and what do you want the cobra for road racing? street racing? or the strip? because for the strip a stalled geared a4 is hard to beat and they dont come in a cobra.
    Last edited by 180ls1; 01-23-2008 at 11:20 AM.

Page 1 of 13 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information